Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2019 NARS Winter Sprints - Test Race - Botniaring - Driver Briefing

1. Default

I had a blast despite missing a turn on lap 2 of race 1 and ending in the creek... probably second time ever on this track... race 2 I was finding my groove when Scott spun in front of me and t-boned him, forgot the key for engine re-start...

Fun, and always hoping I didn't bug the pace of too many, will keep learning...

Thanks, admins.

Last moment decided to try the Porsche instead of the Aston, which was a horrible choice, as I hadn't done any laps with it. I knew the track, but the setup was horrible, and it took too long to warm up the medium tires I accidentally left on. Finished 14th? 2nd race I made sure to put on softs, Got a hell of a start and gained a ton of spots before T1. I managed to avoid most of the carnage but did get some damage from a spinning Aston. Tried to keep the pace up, had a good fight with one of the T Alanns, and easily surrendered 4th to a charging BMW on the final lap. Looking forward to this series!
    ---------------------------
    JT Tami

Champion Racing

2011 NALMS LMP1 Champion - #97 Champion Racing Audi R10 TDI

3. Default

Wow did tonight feel like deja vu. Anyone else get the sensory overload we were back in the heyday of rF1 in its prime?

Steven Hill was streaming tonight. Give Steven a buck or two to support his channel. Thanks for showing the test race!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/365596315?t=01h02m55s

I had fun, although I cant get my mind around how to setup this cars, either GT3s or GTEs.
    Plus last night I was not "in the zone", concentration wise. And I joined the event almost on the Q time, so not much track time.
    I did some very silly mistakes.

I like the format, it is challenging and is good for us to exercise our race craft and respect to the other drivers.

Dont know if I can committ to both seasons, though. Maybe I have to chose one, and Im pending to the GT3s.
    Will try to take part in the GTE test, if there is one coming.

5. Default

No test race for endurance Angelo. Next Thursday will be GT3 at Barbagallo, then the 31st will be the first Endurance race at Barbagallo.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    I had fun, although I cant get my mind around how to setup this cars, either GT3s or GTEs.
    Plus last night I was not "in the zone", concentration wise. And I joined the event almost on the Q time, so not much track time.
    I did some very silly mistakes.

I like the format, it is challenging and is good for us to exercise our race craft and respect to the other drivers.

Dont know if I can committ to both seasons, though. Maybe I have to chose one, and Im pending to the GT3s.
    Will try to take part in the GTE test, if there is one coming.

Got the pole. Bogged down due to TC (forgot to cancel it for start). Really nice battle with Norm and Shawn. Had to pit last lap from P2 as I was running out of fuel.
    Second race; better start but still not enough, got semi taken out at T3 while going side by side.. And hit the wall later on. Never recovered from that one, after a lengthy pit stop (I never quit a race no matter how bad the damage is) finished the race 2 laps down.

All good and well though, good practice, tried the Aston, positives and negatives with it and it's a wash, even though it's not as bad as BMW, feedback from wheels is not as crisp as others. I might choose Audi, Porsche or Bentley instead.
    Had no prior experience on this track before and jumped in the car 30 min before the race. Also completely forgot about Discord and sorry I wasn't present (in case some of you were wondering why I wasn't answering)
    Very good participation in a pre-season race, despite few committed drivers were absent.
    __The view is great from moral high ground__