Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NARS Winter Sprints - Test Race - Botniaring - Driver Briefing

Default 2019 NARS Winter Sprints - Test Race - Botniaring - Driver Briefing

NARS 2019 Winter Sprints Test Race
    Botniaring Long
    Thursday, January 17th, 2019

The Sprint series will consist of 2 - 20 minute races.
    Normal qualifying sets the grid for the first race while the second race grid will be the inverted finishing order of the first race.

Of special note:
    Damage setting is 100%
    Crash Recovery is off. That means your car can fly off the track and land upside down, rFactor will not right your car. Drive carefully!
    Car choice is open all series, you can use a different car for every event if you like.

Track Download

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1553094081

Both GT3 DLC Carsets

The series will use both Studio-397 GT3 DLC Car Packs.

https://store.steampowered.com/items...0/detail/1001/
    https://store.steampowered.com/items...0/detail/1005/

Event Details

Practice: 6:15pm Central Daylight Time (US), - 120 minutes
    Qualify: 8:15pm Central Daylight Time (US), - 10 minute Qualifying - Unlimited Laps
    Warmup #1: 8:25pm Central Daylight Time (US), - 5 minute drivers briefing
    Race #1: 8:30pm Central Daylight Time (US), - 20 minutes
    Warmup #2: 8:55pm Central Daylight Time (US), - 5 minute set grid for Race #2
    Race #2: 9:00pm Central Daylight Time (US), - 20 minutes

Local Race Start Time: 2:00 pm
    Start type: Standing Start
    Time Acceleration: 1x
    The server practice session is set to 120 minutes @ 2:00 PM track time so drivers can test fuel, tire, and lighting.

Driver Briefings

The password for the server is rockandroll, as a reminder it is case sensitive.

Orange Zone

Event Notes

1. Weather conditions for this event shall be Partly Cloudy, 40% Humidity, 10C, 5mph North wind.

2. No mandatory pit stop.

3. Fuel usage will be set to 1x.

4. Tire usage will be set to 1x.

Warm Up Session

Once the Warm Up session has started THE TRACK WILL BE CLOSED for the Drivers Meeting and no one is allowed to be on track during the drivers meeting. If someone does go on track while the track is considered closed they will get a warning message from the admin to get off the track. If they do not get off the track after this warning in a timely manner their qualifying position will be forfeited and they will be put at the back of their class for the rolling start.

Starting Procedure

For this series, we will use a Standing start.

Pit Sharing

Be aware that some of the tracks that we use will have fewer pit stalls than we have drivers. Therefore it is very likely that you are sharing a pit stall with another driver. The best way to deal with this is for you to always pit as far as you can to the inside of the pit stall. This way if the driver your sharing with pits on the same lap as you, there will be room for them to receive pit service as well. If done correctly this works quite well. If you have never done this I recommend you practice this until you feel comfortable with it. Essentially you are splitting the stall in half. If you pull too far to the side the crew will not service you. If you don't pull far enough to the side the crew will not service the driver you are sharing with.

Track Boundaries

Please stay within the white lines. It's really in all of our interests if you do! Be aware that the built-in track policemen will give you a warning then a penalty or penalties if they think you have gained by the corner cut.

IMPORTANT! These penalties are not under the control of the race admins, and drivers have to fulfill them or after a few laps, rF2 will DQ your entry.

Race Comms (Discord)

• Comms quiet during Qualifying so others can concentrate.
    • Driver's meeting will be on Discord, not in the text.
    • All drivers should use Discord until after the drivers meeting.
    • Drivers are welcome to disconnect from Discord or continue to monitor race control after the drivers meeting.

Important Series Updates

Drivers! Be sure and read this update to the series.
    https://cmsracing.com/champion/forum...673#post253673

The server is now online and ready for practice!

Last edited by Don Fryman; 01-16-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

Let's get this new series going!

Be sure to read this briefing closely..... we are doing things differently for this series.

I'm going to have to skip out on this test race.
    I've not bought the second GT3 pack yet (only have the first one) and at the moment, it's not really an option.

Hoping to grab it up before the series starts. ...might be close this time around.
    This winter has been a bit hard on my work efforts, thus funds are loooooow. ...priorities, and all that jazz.

Here's to hoping I squeeze by before theses series start!

For me, trying to join the server...Package Not Available. Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    For me, trying to join the server...Package Not Available. Ideas?
    Angelo do you have both DLC GT3 packs bought, installed and updated, also Botniaring subscribed and installed?

Yes, all through Steam. Automatic updates on.

Same problem for me. I also have bought and have everything installed.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

Did you guys clear your Steam downloads cache after installing all that?

Sometimes can help, but maybe already know and did that.

ETA: This next one is not the same issue, but is an issue some have faced after installing the latest GT3 pack....it's relevant here.
    If your game crashes take a look at this.

Just looked at the server and see that 3 others have been on it so it's looks like the server is fine.

Only thing I can suggest would be to clear cache like Jason suggests and verify your install through Steam.
    The last thing you might try is to unsubscribe and re-subscribe to all of it.
    I know, rFactor can be a finicky bitch

Did that.

I get an error message saying something about missing content, it flashes so fast I can't completely read it. But I have everything installed.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR