Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Formula Classic, January 15th - Jacarepaguá - Pre-Race Brefing

I usually go with the more subtle approach to shamelessly bumping these threads, but have at it

Skinpack unzipped into AMS main?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    Skinpack unzipped into AMS main?
    Yes. As it says in the installer, just point it to AMS root.

Thx, just saw that (projection issue--NA to anyone else).

107% rule tells me I don't belong out there right now (six seconds off that). Frustrating, because I set aside seven hours for this today, but spent most of that looking back through old forum posts and installing and reinstalling the skin-packs (mod) before my car finally showed up so I could select it about 5:30 MST. Five plus hours fiddling with just that part of it (and re-reading old posts trying to find out why it wasn't installing correctly). Finally had to ask for confirmation that I was installing in the right plus (I was), but the MNRL folder wasn't there as it should have been. Finally it shows up, but then I'm only seeing five cars to select from in the MNRL list. After multiple AMS restarts mine at last became one of them in time to get on--Angelo probably wouldn't have wanted to see me in his car, and I wouldn't either in his place, so I tried Bill Brehm's for a while just because it was white(r) like mine. Then mine finally became available for a reason I don't understand, just as I don't understand why it wasn't before (since some of the others were).

I couldn't get up to speed in the hour and half that remained once I got all that sorted and DEFINITELY don't belong out there with the rest of you (yet?). I'll go back to square one and see if I can get this working better, but it won't be in time for tonight's race.

You guys have fun. Meanwhile the mechanics and the car will be on the early flight for Italy (Imola).

The team manager and I will be having discussions about how many cars I crashed and whether or not they can afford to keep me--the auto-racing journalists all vote "no" to man, so If all I get is "Double Secret Probation" (instead of a demotion back to the F3 team) I'll count myself lucky.
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 01-15-2019 at 09:33 PM.