Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brazilian Stocks - January 8th - Goi‚nia - Pre-Race Brefing

Push to Pass setup from AMS series file (SRS):

Code:

P2P-MaxBoostCount = 15           // Max number of p2p boosts [overwrites engine.ini value]
      P2P-BoostInterval = 100            // Minimum time between boosts in seconds  [overwrites engine.ini value]
      P2P-BoostDuration = 16             // Duration of each boost in seconds [overwrites engine.ini value]
      P2P-BoostDelay = 5                  // Seconds that will pass since the player press the p2p button and the boost will start to take effect [overwrites engine.ini value]
      P2P-BoostMinimumCrossings=1        // Number of times the car must cross the s/f line before being able to push the p2p
      P2P-TestDayAllowed = 0                // 0 not allowed and 1 allowed. Bellow settings works in the same way
      P2P-Practice1Allowed = 0 
      P2P-Practice2Allowed = 0 
      P2P-Practice3Allowed = 0
      P2P-Practice4Allowed = 0
      P2P-Qualify1Allowed =  0
      P2P-Qualify2Allowed =  0 
      P2P-Qualify3Allowed =  0 
      P2P-Qualify4Allowed =  0
      P2P-WarmupAllowed = 0
      P2P-Race1Allowed = 1
      P2P-Race2Allowed = 1
      P2P-Race3Allowed = 1
      P2P-Race4Allowed = 1

Last edited by Gilles Lalonde; 01-06-2019 at 02:19 AM.
    I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 16gigs of 1866 HyperX FURY on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running a used GTX970 4GD5T OC on an new AOC Q2963 21:9 screen... I'm doing way better! I even got myself a barely used G29! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

I'd recommend those not familiar with P2P set up a quick race with some AI and test that.
    If not accustomed to it, you might be in for quite a surprise when it actually 'kicks in'

....as indicated by the SRS data that Gilles posted above, after you press P2P it will take 5 seconds to engage.
    Boost lasts for 16 seconds, then you have to wait 100 seconds before engaging again. There will be a countdown timer counting down from that 100 second mark after the boost goes away (in chat box) so it's easy to determine when you can activate it again.

And remember to take extra fuel for utilizing the P2P...it's a fuel gobbler and if you just take enough for the race and don't account for the additional needed for P2P, you might just run out. ...or not have enough fuel to make a final push for position. ...or whatever.

HURRY UP...TUESDAY NIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Lalonde View Post
    Push to Pass setup from AMS series file (SRS):

Code:

P2P-MaxBoostCount = 15           // Max number of p2p boosts [overwrites engine.ini value]
      P2P-BoostInterval = 100            // Minimum time between boosts in seconds  [overwrites engine.ini value]
      P2P-BoostDuration = 16             // Duration of each boost in seconds [overwrites engine.ini value]
      P2P-BoostDelay = 5                  // Seconds that will pass since the player press the p2p button and the boost will start to take effect [overwrites engine.ini value]
      P2P-BoostMinimumCrossings=1        // Number of times the car must cross the s/f line before being able to push the p2p
      P2P-TestDayAllowed = 0                // 0 not allowed and 1 allowed. Bellow settings works in the same way
      P2P-Practice1Allowed = 0 
      P2P-Practice2Allowed = 0 
      P2P-Practice3Allowed = 0
      P2P-Practice4Allowed = 0
      P2P-Qualify1Allowed =  0
      P2P-Qualify2Allowed =  0 
      P2P-Qualify3Allowed =  0 
      P2P-Qualify4Allowed =  0
      P2P-WarmupAllowed = 0
      P2P-Race1Allowed = 1
      P2P-Race2Allowed = 1
      P2P-Race3Allowed = 1
      P2P-Race4Allowed = 1

Thanks for showing this Gilles. It answers most of my questions about the parameters of Push to Pass in AMS. In addition I wonder if any of you can elaborate further about:
    1. Do we know by how much P2P will affect fuel mileage (car by car, time pushed, times used, etc.)?
    2. Does P2P degrade engine life in any way? If so, have any of you seen a significant degradation to comment on? I am assuming even if you used it in a 25 min race that any degradation would not be significant enough before the race finishes. Maybe not so if you used it regularly in a 45+ min race?
    3. Are these global parameters for all cars that allow P2P, or are they specific to carset/mod.?

Just curious. Doubt we will have enough chances to use it effectively on an ongoing basis. But it could make racing strategy a little more interesting (all other things considered, of course). Especially since we will all have different approaches to using it and its likely affects on braking distances.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Almeida View Post
    Going to be absent for about a month, broke my right shoulder in a domestic accident.
    Sorry to hear this Luis! Take care of that shoulder! Hope to see you back in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Brette Brooks View Post
    Thanks for showing this Gilles. It answers most of my questions about the parameters of Push to Pass in AMS. In addition I wonder if any of you can elaborate further about:
    1. Do we know by how much P2P will affect fuel mileage (car by car, time pushed, times used, etc.)?
    2. Does P2P degrade engine life in any way? If so, have any of you seen a significant degradation to comment on? I am assuming even if you used it in a 25 min race that any degradation would not be significant enough before the race finishes. Maybe not so if you used it regularly in a 45+ min race?
    3. Are these global parameters for all cars that allow P2P, or are they specific to carset/mod.?

Just curious. Doubt we will have enough chances to use it effectively on an ongoing basis. But it could make racing strategy a little more interesting (all other things considered, of course). Especially since we will all have different approaches to using it and its likely affects on braking distances.
    1 - Will have to personally test it if you want to be sure, but I'd imagine the information is there (might be part of the encrypted data though...probably in hdv)
    It's a little, but not all that much.

2 - It can raise the temps, sure. I've ran 45 minute races where I utilized P2P quite a bit. Never had much degradation to speak of. This is going to depend on some things though. Most damaging thing to the car is rapid downshifts that over rev the car, or bouncing off the redline before upshifts (car has less torque at high revs anyways, so it's kind of useless to rev it out)
    It's basically a quick jolt of power, then it fades and temps and such should return to normal. In the draft, this might differ slightly. So observance of temps is probably going to be important.

3 - I don't know of any other cars in AMS that have P2P. There are some with scalable turbo, and "temporary boost"...but those are different.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but off the top, can't think of any other P2P cars.

...we'll have plenty of chances, in a 25 min race to use it. Something like once every couple laps. It does take 100 seconds to be used again, so it does limit use in that way (that's why there is no need to change the number of P2Ps...no way to utilize them all. Plus, it's only useful in overtaking situations mostly. In that regard, it is VERY effective.
    The kind of effective that will catch you out if you're not prepared! So be forewarned! Add the draft (which these car do well) and

It does take more fuel and I haven't noticed any degradation but I used it maybe a dozen time up to now...

These parameters are strictly for the Brazilian SC, they're from the REIZA01.SRS file. Quick search shows the Montana series also use P2P.

As for draft, we ran cars that made bigger hole behind them. These do draft but it's a smaller wake.
    I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 16gigs of 1866 HyperX FURY on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running a used GTX970 4GD5T OC on an new AOC Q2963 21:9 screen... I'm doing way better! I even got myself a barely used G29! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

As for draft, we ran cars that made bigger hole behind them. These do draft but it's a smaller wake.
    True. ..do have to get fairly close to the car ahead before it's really noticeable.
    P2P definitely handy, and should make it very interesting. Running with cars on the same pace, P2P becomes essential for overtaking.

Quick search shows the Montana series also use P2P.
    Another cool series for us to do. Those Montanas are so good for racing. It used to be access series for the main series, the Stock Car V8. Same engine, but with less power. And the same rules for P2P. Also is excelent for multiclass with the Stock Cars on the same track.

Quote Originally Posted by Brette Brooks View Post

P2P will hardly affect engine life. In real life the engine is tunned down on purpose and the number of activations for P2P is limited to prevent blows and break downs. We gonna have plenty of P2P for our races, but on real life they have more or less the same we gonna use, but for 2x50 minutes heats. So the use is more strategic.
    About braking distances and those details, for sure will affect. You got a lot more power with the P2P activated, but usually this catch the drivers out exiting the corners. With the tire wear for our series, this will even more dramatic.

RACE NIGHT!

Good luck, chaps!

-See You On Track!