Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Special Event - CMS Bathurst 100 Endurance Race

That Stinks Doug .... thanks for the explanation and yours and Don's efforts for sure. We figured something must have gone awry and we all knew you guys were working through it. It's all good. The race was still a success.

my personal motorsports blog

Here are the results from today's race

bathurst 100 results

my personal motorsports blog

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Atkinson View Post
    Unfortunately rFactor 2 decided to reset the grid to:

1 Mike Bell
    2 Jason Whited
    3 Serkan Kaplan
    4 John Nelson
    5 Niall Larner
    6 Lazaros Filippakos
    7 Linus Lundvall
    8 SRTR-Taner Selvi
    9 April Carlsvard
    10 Allie Ferrie
    11 Dan Minges
    12 James Andrew
    13 Dan Svoboda
    14 Jon Uyan
    15 JT Tami
    16 Steen Nielsen
    17 Frank Radosti
    18 Bill Brehm
    19 Erik Czakoi
    20 David Anderson
    21 Todd Alann
    When I said something about the grid possibly being wrong, I was under the incorrect assumption that someone that was there for the race quali'd higher than myself.
    I don't know about further back through the grid, could only see the ones in the HUD and didn't have time to scroll as I was sorting Discord and had to hurry to the line...but I started on the pole. Mike Bell started way back, I think.

I remember because I spent the my stint throughout the first hour watching him chisel away a second a lap on everyone, including me, as he worked his way through the field, eventually catching me just before we both entered for our stops (at that point I got out of the car and handed off to Tony) :O
    ...all in the second sector, mostly. That McLaren is a beast in sector 2, obviously!

Good stuff, full race report a little later.

I had a great time! Thanks go to everyone who set this up and everyone who took part.

Managed to get a solid, safe setup for my little Radical and determined to just run clean to see where it got me. I will take 7th position quite happily, thank you. Early on I had to run through the escape section of the Esses and so coming down Conrod Straight I let April go past as my penalty. She'd have got me eventually anyway, but had there been a wall at the Esses, I'd have eaten it. I also had contact in the braking zone to the Chase and whoever it was decided it was their fault and then waited for me - very sporting, even if I was panicking that it had been my fault.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Mike Bell started way back, I think.

I remember because I spent the my stint throughout the first hour watching him chisel away a second a lap on everyone, including me, as he worked his way through the field, eventually catching me just before we both entered for our stops (at that point I got out of the car and handed off to Tony) :O
    ...all in the second sector, mostly. That McLaren is a beast in sector 2, obviously!

Good stuff, full race report a little later.
    Yea, i started 21st, dead last, it made the race a lot of fun

I got caught out on the race start. I as fiddling with Discord, trying to quickly move over to another channel with only my teammate, moved over and forgot to message him, had to alt -tab again to do that. ...rF2 then decided to hiccup on the transition from full screen to desktop. I was still messing with it when the horn for the race came. In all honesty, I was expecting the grid stuff to show up in chat well before an actual start and did not realize it was being done another way.

I jumped on the grid and being in P1 threw me off a bit more. I should have paid better attention to who was who, but yeah, I didn't
    My first laps were stressful, but I was able to push it aside and drive. Maybe knowing I would be leaving the car, with no real intention of keeping P1, helped relax me somewhat. I'm usually a bit more frantic in such situations.

First part of my stint I had J. Nelson in my mirrors at all times. It was fun, and interesting to see the Porsche/Aston battle and which was superior where on track. The Aston was clearly better in sector 2.
    Eventually, something happened right before or at the start of the downhill section. John fell back about 5-7 seconds after that, and I kept that gap about the same way I'd been maintaining it when he was in the mirrors.

Gaps further back were large, but I started noticing, maybe 20-25 minutes in, one car that is coming through the field quickly...and is taking a full second per lap out of the gap between the two of us.
    Mike Bell. Absolutely flying through the mountain section. ...especially the downhill, it seemed.

I picked up the pace a bit hoping to slow the closing rate, but I was on softs, so it didn't really work out.
    After some laps, I conceded that it was going to happen. At that point, goal was just to keep the lead until the stop when I handed the car to Tony B.

I almost managed to do that, but in the final corners gave it up without much fight. Tires were getting too tricky or I'd have at least tried..lol.
    Excellent pace, Mike! WD on the win!

...at that point, I handed the car to my teammate. He had some troubles with tire wear after some slight damage to the car. That resulted in a stop and some lost time after the crew decided they were going to fix every little scratch, but he was able to bring the car home in one piece, and in top 10 position! So, happy with the result and, more importantly, it was great fun sharing a ride and the experience with Tony.

Looking forward to the next Special Event here!
    (I'll second Steen's Sebring suggestion, if I may )

Big thank you, and a ton of appreciation, as always, for our hosts here for putting this together!

Possible, at some point when someone is free, to get a replay for this one?
    Thanks. And if not, or too much trouble, don't bother. Just wanted to grab a few screens for posterity and such

How about this.........

Replay

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

I had no idea what grid was but I think I was in the right row.

I have a contact with someone who had a spin after, but I am sure I hold my line while side by side but sorry whoever had a spin by. The rest of the race I had a good pace to push up my position which I had done anyway untill I hit one of the inside kerb left hand turn before snake turns that made me kiss the wall inside that caused a suspansion damage badly. Then decided to pull off.

Looking forward to next event. I guess it would be Sebring.
    Last edited by Taner; 02-16-2019 at 09:34 AM.