Thread: Road Atlanta (Brazilian Stocks) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Default Road Atlanta (Brazilian Stocks) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Last edited by Joe Miller; 04-16-2019 at 09:57 PM.

2. Default

What? No "Congrats, Tyler, on a double win! Good job, bud!" or "Rrrrrrrrrrrr, AP, get your slow *** out of the way" or "Hey, nice first race with the MNRL, Janes!" or "Damn, that was the most fun I've had trying to self-destruct?" grin

I had a blast, and a big thanks to Jorge, Bruno, Tony, Janes, Nick, Skip, and Brette (and I'm probably forgetting some folks) for the great competition. Also, a much needed public apology to Tyler for darn near causing him a wreck halfway through the first race when he was leading. (Maybe next race I'll remember to turn on my crew chief).

We are recuperating...

I started putting together a small clip and would have posted with it... it can wait.

Yup Tyler has these car down tight. When I started practicing for this race, I went the wrong way and lost two sessions battling with the car. I got thing half ok by Monday night but I had not done any full run so the first race was an unknown.

I could qualify in the low 1:24s but when I saw 1:23s... Tcho That!

So my first race was an all out concentration blitz, I would do well if I made zero mistakes. Which I did and went from 8th to 6th.

Second race was a little less rosy. First, I got caught behind Jerry at the first corner and went from 5th to 6th. But trying harder than in the first race, I got up to third. Then Jason caught up with me and we started to dice it. We even got up to Frank who was running in second.
    But I was pushing it too hard and as the tires went away, I put two wheel off at the last corner. The car rotated and I had a windshield full of wall. I came out of it with a damaged rear but the wing was still there. Jason an Jon went by and for the last few laps, I was now defending from Joe. We exchanged position a few time, trading paint big time, but it came down to who had the boost on the last lap... Joe did. To my surprise, Jon did the same thing as I did with the exit of the last corner so I ended up like I started it, in 5th.

I'll take it... I just don't have these car down like the Formula Classic.

So congratz Tyler dude! You just have to show up for the next one... just do one 5th place and you'll be the Champ!
    Last edited by Gilles Lalonde; 04-05-2019 at 01:52 PM.

I had fun, especially in the second race, with no wall contact, as I had in race one.

The second race was action packed with cars going off left and right. Had some good chases and got passed cleanly by faster guys, but my main problem came on the last lap where I was blasting down the back straight with

full boost trying to stay ahead of Vic DePrizio. I visualized us going into the turn, me inside, Vic outside, side by side and we'd see who got ahead going up the hill, but I got way behind on my braking going down the chute with

all that speed, and as Vic was starting to turn in, I had no grip and pretty much T-boned the Chevy into the grass. I was able to motor on up the hill to the finish line, with Vic behind as he had to maneuver out of the grass back

to the track. I should have waited and let him on ahead of me, but I had the fever! Never had a possible finish that close!

Well, I ruined my own good time with that error and I think Vic should be awarded the position point. Very sorry, Vic, you had timed it well and I wish we'd had the chance to play it out.

Penalty accepted. I really hate to make that kind of mistake.

Hey Tony I appreciate your post and thanks , but no worries at all on my end. It was a good few laps there and I was chomping at the bit to get that last back straight to see what we could do together. It was fun and fair racing but stuff happens totally no big deal. I had spun a few times before that and got caught up in a wreck so I was really just trying to scrap back into the top 10.

Race one was a different story really had a good solid race. I felt I was pretty consistent and could really hunker down to try to chase the top five guys. Car was working well and it was so much fun! Podium finish topped it all off for me but I was drained, not sure who was right in front of me at the end but I think they spun out with only a couple turns to go on the final lap.

These cars at this track was a great combination!

I had a couple good clean races, managed P2 in both so quite happy with it. Though, I was hoping to catch and challenge up front, mostly in race 2.
    Race 1, I got in behind a bit slower paced car (in places. Other places that same car was somewhat superior, thus making the whole situation slower for both of us I'm sure) and lost too much time. Tyler was too consistent up there and no hope. Certainly didn't help that I failed to map a boost button, so every 3 laps or so on the backstretch the cars I was running with just took off and left me to catch up in the first sector of the next lap. Managed to catch up every time, but certainly didn't help not having that extra power down that straight.

Race 2, I was close a few times, thought I was going to reach out and at least pressure, but kept slipping up. Battled with Frank M. for a minute or two there near the end. That was interesting. I finally went for it at 10A, but Frank defended the inside quite well. I ran out of room and was forced to back out. Next lap around, I decided I was going around on the outside, boost in hand...all for nil, I overshot the braking point by a mile and just straight lined the corner while slowing so I didn't get all crossed up. As I went into the grass, here comes Frank to my right, door to door in the grass (Glad I didn't turn in after seeing that...T bone city!)

I made it out of the grass quicker, and took P2 away.
    Not pretty, but got the job done.

Fun stuff. Couldn't ask for a better car/track combo than something like this.
    The tire wear made it all the more interesting. Really have to work to preserve the tires on this car!

Grats to Tyler, who seems to have this car mastered at this point. Well done, especially coming from P10 in Race 2...quite a workout going through the field this round.

Looking forward to the final round. And remember, it'll be a longer race than our usual.
    Plenty of prep will be needed...pit stops will be required, and the dynamic will be much different. Going to be fun!

See you there!

I feel bad for the delay on coming back but the first days of physiotherapy have been quite hard and made me feel a bit sore (the objective is giving my right arm as much amplitude of movement possible). I am hungry for racing and mostly having fun with you guys, I promise I'll be back as soon as I can, hope it is really soon

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by aaron page View Post
    What? No "Congrats, Tyler, on a double win! Good job, bud!" or "Rrrrrrrrrrrr, AP, get your slow *** out of the way" or "Hey, nice first race with the MNRL, Janes!" or "Damn, that was the most fun I've had trying to self-destruct?" grin

I had a blast, and a big thanks to Jorge, Bruno, Tony, Janes, Nick, Skip, and Brette (and I'm probably forgetting some folks) for the great competition. Also, a much needed public apology to Tyler for darn near causing him a wreck halfway through the first race when he was leading. (Maybe next race I'll remember to turn on my crew chief).
    Hahaha thank you! That incident gave me quite the scare! But all is well, I had a good laugh after my mini heart attack!