Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AMS (Automobilista) - Help, Support & Tips

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    My monitor is a 29'' LG Ultrawide, 75hz. Not really a big deal.
    Im using AMS, with the config tool checked in "Windowed". Because with the full screen mode sometimes I had crashes while using ALT+TAB.

For both Windows and AMS, it appears only one option above the native resolution with the scale 4.00x activated, that is 5120x2160. No others.
    Yes. If you click the other boxes, (like 1.2x, 2.0x...etc etc) it will give you more resolution options in game.
    With windowed mode, you might need to do other things, I'm not sure and I'll have to look.

I've never had crashes alt-tabbing in AMS, and I alt-tab probably 100 times on Tuesday nights all throughout the race weekend.
    Was that with base content, or mod content?
    Maybe this was a past issue that is not present now...might want to test, see if you are still having the issue.

A quick glance of some info says to me that DSR won't work in windowed mode. It reverts your game to your windows native resolution, or some such (it was a quick glance, keep that in mind)

Indeed it doesnt work, and indeed it works when I uncheck that box. Only full screen mode.
    Now I can see it looks better for sure, fps looks fine, but Im getting Memory Usage Warning with 30 cars, Stock Cars, at Suzuka (Kansai). Even with fps above 100.
    May need to test the config tool AA settings, or turn it off completely, maybe.

Thanks for the technical support Jason!! Now I want to do this for the other sims...damn it....lol. Tried for rF2? It got too heavy?

Indeed it doesnt work, and indeed it works when I uncheck that box. Only full screen mode.
    Now I can see it looks better for sure, fps looks fine, but Im getting Memory Usage Warning with 30 cars, Stock Cars, at Suzuka (Kansai). Even with fps above 100.
    May need to test the config tool AA settings, or turn it off completely, maybe.

Thanks for the technical support Jason!! Now I want to do this for the other sims...damn it....lol. Tried for rF2? It got too heavy?
    Yes, you can turn AA off or down to a very low setting in AMS with DSR. (That's the point..this is like "super AA"...or better, "true AA")

It's more effective with older game engines I've read. I did a little testing in rF2, but aspect ratio was off (27" Samsung curved monitor for me) so I need to adjust some things.
    It's the original reason I pursued this stuff, actually. The shadow stuff in rF2 leaves a lot to be desired and I'm seeking some remedy for it.
    Found out how well it works with AMS (DX9) and had to share.

It's definitely going to be heavier if you don't tone some things down (like AA settings, which are pretty performance impacting at high settings)
    You're now rendering in 4k...and then it has to be down-scaled, so it's even a bit heavier than if, say, you had a 4k monitor running on native res. Only slightly heavier, but still.

but Im getting Memory Usage Warning with 30 cars, Stock Cars, at Suzuka (Kansai).
    Do you get that warning in the same scenario without the DSR stuff and your normal settings?
    Might be running into gmotor game engine limitations, you're pretty much on the brink if you're running max or high graphics stuff with that many cars at Kansai.

I used the stock cars for my trial and used max amount of AI (think it was 32...so 33 on track counting me) and did not encounter that warning.

Is it memory warning as in VRAM.....or actual RAM?
    I couldn't imagine it being actual RAM...I don't think AMS has the ability to utilize more than about 4gb.
    VRAM...with those DSR settings....could be. Not sure.
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 12-26-2018 at 08:06 PM.

I dont know if it is VRAM or RAM, is a warning message from AMS itself.
    I lowered the car account to 30 and the AA to the lowest level on the config tool, and is going fine, no warnings.
    The warning I only get when I go above the number of cars permited for AMS itself. But 30 cars for the StockV8 series is bellow that, so definetely the increased resolution have a impact on my system.

Will do more tests when I can. Also will try with rF2 and see how my 1070 stands.

Here are my video adjustments using NVIDIA Control Panel, Manage 3D Settings. The video doesn't quite do it justice, you loose a little quality in the process but you will get the gist of it (watch it in the highest quality setting).

Video Link

Computer stats:
    Processor-Intel Core i5 4670K

Mainboard-Z87-G45 Gamming

Memory-16 GBytes, DDR3, Dual Cannel, NB Frequency 800 MHz, DRAM Frequency 666 MHz, CAS Latency 9 clocks

Graphics-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, 4096 MBytes
    Last edited by Joe Miller; 12-27-2018 at 07:53 PM.

Default AMS (Automobilista) - Help, Support & Tips

But really gutted with 2nd race result. Started having screen freezes again while I was comfortably in 3rd. Long freezes like 4-5 seconds. AMS is the wost sim in my pc atm due to thid problem, even v0.4 ACC behaving much better !.

I had the task manager open and have been monitoring disc activity since qualy. I confirmed it again that while during first race all was good second race there was disc activity again, and started having long freezes in game. I have AMS (and all other sims) installed in my SSD (F) drive, and Win10 resides in c: drive which is a regular 7200 rpm HDD. As far as I can tell AMS triggers some activity in C: drive that it causes 100% work load in that and I think robs too much cpu power that slows tje game in return. This happens only when AMS is played! I don't have any problem with rF2, AC, ACC. Not sure what it is, the program that shot to the top of the list in disc activitu was "system.xx" cant remember full extension of it. But if I remember correctly there are several "sytem" programs listed in windows processes. Hope I will have enough time to investigate.
    Last edited by Joe Miller; 01-16-2019 at 10:53 PM.
    The secret of success is constancy to purpose.

(Benjamin Disraeli)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    But really gutted with 2nd race result. Started having screen freezes again while I was comfortably in 3rd. Long freezes like 4-5 seconds. AMS is the wost sim in my pc atm due to thid problem, even v0.4 ACC behaving much better !.

I had the task manager open and have been monitoring disc activity since qualy. I confirmed it again that while during first race all was good second race there was disc activity again, and started having long freezes in game. I have AMS (and all other sims) installed in my SSD (F) drive, and Win10 resides in c: drive which is a regular 7200 rpm HDD. As far as I can tell AMS triggers some activity in C: drive that it causes 100% work load in that and I think robs too much cpu power that slows tje game in return. This happens only when AMS is played! I don't have any problem with rF2, AC, ACC. Not sure what it is, the program that shot to the top of the list in disc activitu was "system.xx" cant remember full extension of it. But if I remember correctly there are several "sytem" programs listed in windows processes. Hope I will have enough time to investigate.
    Sounds backwards to me. Why put games on your SSD and Win 10 on HDD?
    Win 10 on HDD is not optimal (saying that as one who has it on HDD...but I have no SSD currently)

I'd wager Steam is triggering something, though why it would be AMS specific, not sure. AMS does create a folder in your "documents" on C:...so when you move AMS to SSD, I'm not sure how that works with the documents folder. Did you migrate it too? If not, that's where I'd personally start my investigation.

Yesterday a lot of users, of rF2 and AMS, reported problems with discos or freezes. Most of them were related with Win10 updates, released also yesterday. Dont know if was the case for Jon.

Yesterday a lot of users, of rF2 and AMS, reported problems with discos or freezes. Most of them were related with Win10 updates, released also yesterday. Dont know if was the case for Jon.
    Win not updated on mine as it is not on auto. Also I had this very exact problem with AMS in Caterham Barber race, had to quit first race and come back for the second, finishing it with no problem.

As far as AMS accessing "Documents" folder; I guess it's possible, I'll ck and see if I have replay recording turned on. But then again it should be the same for other sims/games as they also have folders in documents except rF2. And even if game/Steam writing anything to documents it shouldn't cause 100% 'continous' disc activity. Feels like it is getting stuck in that state once it starts.

By the way the SSD drive is installed not too long ago and I transferred games as per Steam's procedure. So not sure if there are addl steps to be taken when it comes to documents folder. I will eventually get another SSD for operating system, although I don't mind slow pc starts. Game related starts and disc read-write speed though is very fast now I'm really happy about that.
    Last edited by Jon Uyan; 01-09-2019 at 07:39 PM.
    The secret of success is constancy to purpose.

(Benjamin Disraeli)

Jon
    I am sure you have been suggested many things but here is another.
    Superfetch and prefetech are windows services related to SSD drives I believe. They have for sure caused issues with Iracing, might want to google it you have not seen this before

Garry
    Last edited by Joe Miller; 01-16-2019 at 10:54 PM.
    Windows 10 Pro---I7-6700K---16GB Ram---Logitech G27---GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB---Triple monitor,