Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Historics Fall Season Race 5 - Feldbergring

1. Default

Just hoping I don't get lapped.... .

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Just hoping I don't get lapped.... .
    Don't worry about being lapped Ray, the hardest part of this track is going to be "not" hitting anything
    Dave Slee (DaveS) #38

3. Default

I have become sympatico with many of the hay bales. And that is going slow by comparison....

Finally got everything reinstalled and running again today after treating myself to a larger SSD for Xmas. 5:03 after a few sighting laps. I’ll be under 5:00 with a bit more practice, but 4:50 sounds like a stretch. Like many outsized tracks, there are a few key corners that *must* be memorized to survive, then speed comes from knowing when you can stay flat and when you can’t. Quite the adventure!
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman View Post
    16/35
    20/31
    24/27
    27/23
    Final 7/34

There's a way to get same shifting point with a longer 1st with 7/31 final too.

EDIT: after further testing, 7/31 final is best (+ one click down for gear 2-3-4 on the above ratios. sub 4:50 possible )
    Thanks. I'll have to try these, certainly. Not sure what I'm running now, but it felt very sluggish at first. I think I was dragging the brakes because it felt much better after using the configuration tool.

Doesn't help that I can never see much of anything below the center rim of the wheel (in terms of buttons and sliders), but it's been this way for years now. Some menu/option/setup pages just kill me.

Well, the grip level makes a huge difference too, and at 96/97 on the server, the best I can do is a 5:03. But offline, you get 100% .

It's also true the redline/apparent engine damage bears only a passing resemblence to the top speed in each of your gears, so I agree, at least in the short term. But I did just blow an engine coming to the S/F line, so that needs to be talled up.

You can go one click taller for the final (over 7/31, it's 8/34 or close to that) and re-tweak 2-3-4 th gear. You'll end up with a bit more room on the top end.
    Last edited by Swordsman; 01-13-2019 at 01:36 PM.

For those who want to make repairs during the race:

The default pit menu has all repair options set to "NO"
    You have to manually change that to "YES", if not the crew won't do anything no matter how badly damaged is your car.

It's the bottom 3 rows of the pit menu. When menu pops up (entering the pit lane), scroll down with your down arrow key. Once on the good line, press right arrow key to change setting (if I remember correctly, or Enter? not sure about this one)
    You can repair suspension, body and engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman View Post
    For those who want to make repairs during the race:

The default pit menu has all repair options set to "NO"
    You have to manually change that to "YES", if not the crew won't do anything no matter how badly damaged is your car.

It's the bottom 3 rows of the pit menu. When menu pops up (entering the pit lane), scroll down with your down arrow key. Once on the good line, press right arrow key to change setting (if I remember correctly, or Enter? not sure about this one)
    You can repair suspension, body and engine.
    Why would anyone need repairs? Also...can I get the windshield replaced in twenty seconds? And a missing wheel (thinking back to Le Mas du Clos).
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 01-13-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    Why would anyone need repairs? Also...can I get the windshield replaced in twenty seconds? And a missing wheel (thinking back to Le Mas du Clos).
    Lol, yeah, who would need that?

Depending on the damage 20 seconds might be enough for the repair. The missing wheel you had would probably not be repairable in the pits though.