Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Historics Fall Season Race 5 - Feldbergring

The first time I came around the corner and headed down the hill with that tower in the distance is one of the most memorable track scenes I can recall. So dramatic and beautiful!
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    You Porsche drivers are going to love this place. Lots of long straights to let loose on. I did some offline practicing and was able to do a best of 4:52.2 in my Lancia so far, I still need to work on the gearing.
    Seriously?

Just dug back through this thread to see if anyone had posted some initial lap times, after having done some laps the other night myself, and being curious and all.
    ....Unless I'm completely off pace for some reason, if my times thus far are an indication, it's going to be a tough time. 4:58 or something, and when I finally broke the 5 min mark I was happy (and thought I'd accomplished something )

Does Lancia need a BoP adjustment? Maybe an overall performance difference can be calculated (and a suggested weight addition) by taking race results up to date?
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    Does Lancia need a BoP adjustment? Maybe an overall performance difference can be calculated (and a suggested weight addition) by taking race results up to date?
    I just realized the live timer is working again. It recorded my lap.
    Live timing link is still the same

Apparently fixed in the last couple of days

Would be nice to see some Lancia times, and others.
    I can probably do more, I was mainly readjusting to the track, and definitely hadn't found optimal car/speed/lap times yet.
    Still.....52s? Doubt I can do that...hehe...but, never know. Have certainly been able to keep up with Lancia, even carrying weight, in other races.
    But, this course is also quite different than the others ....so.

I ran an earlier iteration of the car here not long after it was released, and I think that's a pretty good time, Jason. Haven't given this version a go yet, but I'll post when I do.

Trying to imagine doing that in a one horse driven sleigh (with suspect brakes) on an icy morning in February. Or in a slow-moving 356 with anything but studded tires on it.

"Wir machen der grosse sitzmark" ...

...at the bottom of the run, I think.
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 12-22-2018 at 09:14 PM.

I've run a few laps yesterday with the GTA (best was 4:55.791 @95% grip), I think 4:52's are quite possible when the track gets to higher grip levels (and/or better driver behind the wheel )

EDIT: fixed the lap time
    Last edited by mms; 01-04-2019 at 08:00 PM.

I'm sure you meant 4:55.791 (not 1:55!!!).
    About having a better driver behind the wheel I doubt it's possible (5 championships in this series does mean something!!!)

lol, yeah, 1:55 would be with a shortcut

I should make this one (love Feldbergring), but I may still be sore after breaking a rib or two in a fall a few days back (they don't tape you up any more).

I'm able to drive my E46 without much difficulty, except for bumps and other road hazards, but I sure am slow getting both in and out of the car. Really makes you feel like an old man--you do everything very slowly, and you hunch over to avoid any sudden moves. Coughing and sneezing are not pleasant moments either...so I'm learning to suck on cough drops (often!) and yawn when a sneeze comes on. You can't yawn and sneeze at the same time, so that one actually works.

The hiccups are "un-fun" too, but that's happened only once so far.

Really glad we are ramping up next week, and not this one.