Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Historics Fall Season Race 5 - Feldbergring

Quote Originally Posted by mms View Post
    lol, 4:49 on a 95% grip track, that's awful
    Pathetic, really.
    Don't we have a 107% rule or something to sort this?

Suggestion for tonight: I've had the "AC reinstall" issue, I think Jason did, and Brette just alluded to it (but got it stopped in time). If it happens to you too, you may be scrambling to get it working again. So log onto the server well before the race and DON'T leave it, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Pathetic, really.

Mihaly will still be first into Turn 1. Of course you REALLY want to be first into the last corner of the last lap. I'll just say "GLA" now, since we'll all have chat off (and I have no mic).
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 01-13-2019 at 08:03 PM.

I got the "first-time install" thing too yesterday. I stopped it the first time but it came back the next time I tried to start up. I wound up letting it go- it sat there for a minute or two then went away, with no apparent ill effects.
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Pathetic, really.

Fortunately for me we don't.....

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    I got the "first-time install" thing too yesterday. I stopped it the first time but it came back the next time I tried to start up. I wound up letting it go- it sat there for a minute or two then went away, with no apparent ill effects.
    Mine did it yesterday. I let it do its thing to no avail.

THE RACE: Well, I think maybe I was spun (didn't see anything in the mirror, but it felt like it) going into that first slow left when Jason and Mihaley were sorting out which one would win the corner. Or maybe someone was racing me on the left going in? I was just kinda coasting along there waiting for them to sort it out, so maybe that was it. Then I might have spun someone else while chasing Brent Arthur. Not sure there as the car seemed "snagged" on something which kept pulling me to the right while I should easily have been passing one or more clear up the left*, so I got into someone I know. I saw someone airborne behind (I think it was Brent). Sorry for whoever I got into there, if I did.

[* it seemed like everyone ran wide ahead of me coming out of that second gear left hander--some even out into the rail--so that should have been pretty easy going up the inside on the left...but it wasn't]

Then Hernan (I think) had a tank-slapper in front of me and lost it in the fourth gear decent left and of course I t-boned him...which resulted in a missing wheel again, I'm nearly certain (that lovely squealing sound where it suddenly won't turn). So I teleported back (and had locked controls for a while) and then decided to just drive. But then, I went off in that last hairpin, and that seemed like enough of a driver error that I parked it. I think I'd have bent up a real 356 anyway, and I didn't want to be reversing...backing-and-forthing...when I was pretty sure the leaders were coming up close behind my silly snafu.

Needed at least a 4:49 in qual, and I had run a 4:48 at the same grip level but I couldn't manufacture one when it mattered. **Good job, Patrice!**.
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 01-13-2019 at 10:52 PM.

That was me that tagged you Christopher, sorry. I pulled over and waited for you to get by and then we ran into that incident in the left hander when someone ran into the mile marker

Sent from my Cell using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveS; 01-14-2019 at 12:05 AM.
    Dave Slee (DaveS) #38

That would have take a while. I think I was blocking the whole road there, and I'm not sure how anyone even got around me (but about six or seven seemed to).

No worries, or..."Well...these things happen*."

[Patrick Warburton/Al Burnett: "The Dish."]

Didn't realize anyone had hit the concrete post there. That probably set off the ol' airbags. Should make for an exciting replay too.
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 01-14-2019 at 12:06 AM.