Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charade Results & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    @Jason, you were tied with Brette for 2nd place in the standings, thus the 40kg.
    My fault, apparently I wasn't holding my eyes right when I looked at the stats

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    You can call one on yourself though I take it? In which case I'll save Ray the trouble and point out that I ran him over braking for the backside hairpin about L10. Spun both of us, and I did wait for him to regain the spot, but it certainly wasn't very good driving on my part.

If I end up penalized to the back again, Ray may not be all that happy to have me behind him for a third time, however. :-/ I suppose he can bill me for his rapidly developing ulcer.
    Given how things turned out, I don't think we need to do anything with the incident. We all make mistakes and braking in these cars can be challenging. In the end, you finished where you did, I didn't take care of the engine and croaked it last lap so my position wont change and neither will yours. To the extent this changes how you qualify- I am not up on the process here but it was truly just an accident that can happen to any of us. And as I have said I may have braked early and caught you out as well.

There isn't any pattern of recklessness, bad judgement etc that needs to be corrected....

I Have owned this sim for years now and this was my first race. I was having a few issues with getting started, and I want to thank the people on TS for helping me.
    I still have a few kinks to work out.
    The race was a blast. I'm not sure who I was racing with because I didn't know how to turn on tags but it was fun. I'll have to go look at the replay later.
    I did have an off or two and tapped Jason on the last corner 1st lap, sorry Jason. I figured I would just pit and get it out of the way after the incident, since I dropped all the way to the back anyway. I managed to do my pit stop and then just concentrated on the the track. In the end I finished third. I was happy with the result considering.
    I did have a little trouble with lag when other cars where around me. It made it very difficult to drive at the start of the race.
    I have changed some video settings for next time that will hopefully help. I'll have to wait and see. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them.
    Thanks for the race everyone. See you all next time.
    Last edited by Joe Miller; 12-11-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Glad you had a good time Joe and great finish for your first AC race. You can find a lot of AC info at Race Department's forum. Here is a link to a lot of Q&A for AC - https://www.racedepartment.com/threa...ription.91105/
    Dave Slee (DaveS)
    #38 iRacing CanAm Racing Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Not a great one for me....ran well enough for a while, but various issues saw me fall back in the end.

Just couldn't get around Hernan, and lost a ton of time to the front runners, forced into a slower pace that I was capable of.
    Got spun (Joe...but it was probably partially my fault for early breaking perhaps), then got shunted again later on (same thing, I think).
    Hernan definitely didn't make an overtake easy changing lines mid corner every time I'd try something
    Kept getting backed into battles with other cars due to the slower pace....

I ended up frustrated, and pressed the car too hard...spun myself, banged a wall or two (or three..but who's counting anyways?

The last 10 minutes were grueling...the car was being a monster, unpredictable as all hell...beat up.

Tough race.
    :

I had a similar experience. But I wasn't as fast as Jason on average. Had a spin into one of the French Alp climb turn walls near the end of the first lap trying to take the inside. Attempted an optimistic turn around (hey, the car was so slick I was hoping I could hairpin it) back up the hill. Not so lucky. Ran right into Brent's path and he couldn't avoid me. Sorry for that Brent! Feel free to file a protest. I noticed he quit a few laps later. So I am not sure that damage was the main culprit or what. I think the rest of the field slipped by at that point.

That did create some interesting battles in the next several laps. I was just catching up to Chris when I saw his 'no brakes' incident. Dang. I was hoping we could fight that out. Or at least have a good laugh trading mistakes slipping by each other. Took quite a few laps to catch back up to Jason and Hernan. I was trying to stay in that hunt without bumping either. But accidently tapped Jason's Porsche thru a turn. Sorry about that Jason. I did wait for him to recover and Joe drove by in a flash. Jason and Hernan pitted together a lap or two later and I decided to stay out at least one more lap. We were close enough in progress the different car advantage conga line ensued again afterwards.

I made several mistakes in those last few turns more than once. Spun it once into the inside wall and had to wait for Pat and Jason to slip by. Glad they were able to miss me. Over ran the last turn at least once and kept banging the wall before pit entry. Poor car took on some steering or suspension damage that kept the wheel cocked 30 degrees to the left. It seemed so difficult to drive after that I thought it would be better to pit in again for repairs. Well guess what, all it did was add fuel again. Huh, I thought I had set the setup for only 1 refueling stint. Well I was so far back then it was more a fight with the car than anything. It turned left way too easy and took extra finesse negotiating right handers. Driving alone was the only way I was able to concentrate enough to keep it off the walls again. I adapted more lap after lap. But luck sure wasn't on my side for this one.

Grats to all those fast Lancia drivers up front! Well done. Don't be surprised if your Lancia is sluggish on the next race grid. I keep a tow rope in the boot.

So all this brings up a few questions:
    1. Can I expect to lose some weight in the next race? I'm not sure were this puts me in the points now.
    2. More importantly, does anyone know how to force the pit crew to fix something without adding more fuel? What are the options there and how can we control them?

@Brette, yes, you get to shed 20kg. I’ll be shoveling it into my car as I’m back up to 40kg. We’ll see if I can deal with it better this time, really made the Lancia a pig when I ran that weight at Cadwell.

Also, I just noticed Dave is tied with you for 5th, which means he gets 20kg as well.
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

Quote Originally Posted by Brette Brooks View Post
    2. More importantly, does anyone know how to force the pit crew to fix something without adding more fuel? What are the options there and how can we control them?
    By default, you can engage the pit menu at any time on track with the directional pad on the wheel itself. Right directional pad is to bring up the pit menu on track. Up and down will, of course, move up and down in the menu, and left and right will change values in the menu.

If you don't have a directional pad on the wheel, you'll have to figure out what the defaults are, and I cannot help there as I am not sure.

I think when you set up a single pit stop strategy and nothing more, then are forced to pit a second or third time or whatever, if there is no "second stop" stuff set up, it reverts to the stop 1 stuff....I think.

Anyways, play around with it sitting in the pits, you'll see.

Standings are this thread.

RACE REVIEW:

P. Cote did not pit as required by series rules.

Penalties:

P. Cote: +30 seconds applied to final lap. Results and standings have been adjusted accordingly.
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)