View Poll Results: What cars would you like to drive in the next series?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Porsche 911 RSR 3.0 (the ones we ran in the past)

7 41.18%
  • Brazilian Touring Cars

2 11.76%
  • Something more modern, perhaps Brazilian Stock Cars?

7 41.18%
  • None of the above, please note in the comments your choice if your vote is here.

1 5.88%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL: Second Series, what would you like to drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    I'm going to suggest 2x30 min and 1x60 min races.
    By the way thanks Angelo for reminding 45-min deal that I wanted to ask admins about. I'm sure everyone remembers the reason why MNRL got stuck in 45-min race duration from R2P days! Not because Norm wanted that way, because he was (everyone was) forced to start and finish an 'event' within 1-hour time
    slot. Which meant qualy-warm up-race (10-5-45) had to be squeezed in 60 min. At CMS we have the luxury of using the server as long as we (admins) want. Maybe it is better to ask MNRL drivers first or do a quick poll (or not), but after all that prep work and waiting, a race should at least be 1-hour long, IMHO.
    2x25 with 2x tire wear, for all but the final event.
    Final event, we're going to have our own "Millions Race". Since we cannot give the winner a million R$, our Millions Race is going to be about extra championship points. (further details when I publish series details)
    A grand finale, it will be!

At 2x tire wear, 25 minutes is perfect. You abuse them too much, you might just actually lose one! You can indeed blow tires in this mod, and not just by hitting things. With really worn and abused tires, lock one up and hold it there, see what happens
    Actually, that very thing cost me a podium in a race in these cars not so long ago. A jarring experience when entering a corner, only to realize the car WON'T TURN! Just as it should be

ETA: 2x tire wear on these cars is still in the realm of believable, in regards to the wear. Anything beyond that, probably not so much, and I don't usually like the accelerated options for most things.
    Normal races (25 minutes per) won't require pit stops...but drivers will need to intensely monitor and care for tires. They will last a race duration, but not so much if they are abused constantly.
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 12-24-2018 at 07:20 AM.

Joe is going to kindly set up a practice server with Brazilian Stock Cars (the 2017 ones only) at Laguna Seca.

Laguna WILL be one of the tracks in the series. However, it will not be race 1.
    We will move the server to the track used for Race 1 in a few days. This is for testing purposes only.

Tire wear is set to x2.
    Tire sets are limited to 10 sets.

When you leave the garage the first time, you will be on a new set of tires.
    If you escape from the track, you will notice, if you go in the garage...you are on the same set of tires you were just driving on.
    It will be "set 1".....you can click, and now you are on "set 2"......You will note that you can see the tire's "health" (it is a percentage value...ex 99%)

You must change the tires manually.
    If you escape the track, go to garage, and then come back out without changing them, you will be on the same set of tires you were just on!
    Pay attention to this, get acquainted with this...we will be utilizing this.
    It is up to the drivers to ask questions if they have them about this.

I will detail it more in depth when I publish series details (coming shortly)....
    But in the end, it will be on the driver to remember this, and to understand and remember, etc etc.

If you run out of fresh sets of tires, just exit the server, exit the game completely, and come back...now you have 10 new sets available.
    If you only exit server, but not the game, your data is saved and you may find you come back to those same worn sets.

Again, this is on the drivers to understand, and if a driver(s) does not, ASK QUESTIONS please! (preferably before race day!)

...more soon, just wanted to mention there will be a server up to do some laps if anyone wishes to do so.

ETA: Laguna Seca was updated not long ago. So to get on the server with the correct and updated version, some drivers may need this..
    https://cmsracing.com/storage/mnrl/A...20install).rar

Purge install of old Laguna, do the normal things to do that.
    Then install this one, and onto the server you can go
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 12-24-2018 at 11:27 AM.

What server? I don't see it.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

Scott-
    It was there an hour ago, I tested a car there, but now I don't see the server and the Brazilian Classic cars don't load once selected from AMS. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Beck View Post
    What server? I don't see it.
    It's down for a minute while Joe is testing something.
    It'll be right back up. It's been there a few hours

...few moments, all will be normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Boynton View Post
    Scott-
    It was there an hour ago, I tested a car there, but now I don't see the server and the Brazilian Classic cars don't load once selected from AMS. ?
    Only 2017 skins are available on the server.

Man, I really don't like those cars. May sit it out and just drive the F1 series.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

8. Default

Man, I really don't like those cars. May sit it out and just drive the F1 series.
    Not allowed, Scott! If I can embarrass myself in two series, you can at least do the same in one :-)

I started the game to see if I could get on the server with the new track version, I now have 5 pages of car series, most appear more than one time !!!

Man this update has Reiza running... LoL!

@Scott
    It's like always, getting into a new series feels funny. Give it time as in put some time aside to practice. We have a few weeks. Right now, for the 2 series, I'm practicing off line on a track that I know well. I'm don't have to do both, learn a new car and a new track.
    HF dude.

Tested the car last night off line, and it's a first for me also in these (that I heard so much about). My first impression is the car is as responsive and well behaved as the new S397 DLC GT cars! You don't have
    TC and ABS, and despite that it has a very good balance on the grip (traction) and when under braking, as it should be. I think Reiza nailed it with this car when it comes to how much grip slick tires should provide.

@Scott if you can handle F1 Classic car this one should be a piece of cake for you. An hour practice should make you a believer (although for me, I could tell on my first lap)
    Last edited by Jon Uyan; 12-24-2018 at 09:48 PM.
    The secret of success is constancy to purpose.

(Benjamin Disraeli)