View Poll Results: What cars would you like to drive in the next series?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Porsche 911 RSR 3.0 (the ones we ran in the past)

7 41.18%
  • Brazilian Touring Cars

2 11.76%
  • Something more modern, perhaps Brazilian Stock Cars?

7 41.18%
  • None of the above, please note in the comments your choice if your vote is here.

1 5.88%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL: Second Series, what would you like to drive?

Default POLL: Second Series, what would you like to drive?

Going to run a poll for about two weeks regarding the second series that we will run starting January of 2019.
    Please vote only if you intend to attend some events!

What we drive in this series will be determined by this poll, and the discussion that possibly arises from it.
    While you're here, if you'd like, please add some tracks that you'd like to see used in this series as well.

We're going to toss in the idea of running a series in a more modern car as well, so if this is interesting to you, speak up!

Non votes says you're ok with whatever we drive (or simply don't care to participate) so make sure you allow your voice to be heard here!
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 12-24-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Does the option in the poll "Brazilian Touring cars" meant to say: Brazilian TC Classics? If so my vote goes to this class (I didn't vote yet, waiting on clarification).
    We already have fast F1 '88 series be running next season, and have had some hard to handle Caterhams and another high powered classic Formula cars last season.
    What would be nice and fun for everyone is a class that has low power touring cars with various options to bring together back-of-the-pack and the front runners! By that I
    mean there are options to give slightly faster cars to slow drivers and vice versa.

I think we tried to do that to some degree with Caterhams last season but to be honest the difference between two cars was hardly noticeable. We need more power
    given to slower drivers to bring everyone to similar race pace.

Some track options for TC cars (short and for close racing):

- Caruaru 1.75 mi
    - Cascavel 1.89 mi
    - Goiania Short 1.19 mi
    - Hockenheimring Short A 1.64 mi
    - Guapore 1.92 mi
    - Kansai West 1.39 mi
    - Okayama Piper 1.22 mi
    Last edited by Jon Uyan; 12-09-2018 at 06:37 PM.
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

Exclamation

I voted for the Brazilian Stock Cars as they fit my driving style.

I had mention to Jason that we could easily do a season with the Classic TC and actually do something quite special... just for fun... what else are we simracing for.

It would need to be approved by... most! There is two classes in the Copa Classic: The B and the FL. The FLs have 155hp and the Bs have 115hp. We could do a two groups series, the fast guys in the low powered cars and the slower gentlemens in the high powered cars. It would be somewhat similar to an inverse starting grid. Guys that usually finish further down the order would have an actual chance to win outright... the only draw back to the fast drivers would just be a bunch of cursing on TeamSpeak!

The TC Classics is a DLC... not sure if everyone has them but they're quite cheap and if we're lucky, the Steam Christmas sale, starting on the 21st, will have them for a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Lalonde View Post
    I voted for the Brazilian Stock Cars as they fit my driving style.

I had mention to Jason that we could easily do a season with the Classic TC and actually do something quite special... just for fun... what else are we simracing for.

It would need to be approved by... most! There is two classes in the Copa Classic: The B and the FL. The FLs have 155hp and the Bs have 115hp. We could do a two groups series, the fast guys in the low powered cars and the slower gentlemens in the high powered cars. It would be somewhat similar to an inverse starting grid. Guys that usually finish further down the order would have an actual chance to win outright... the only draw back to the fast drivers would just be a bunch of cursing on TeamSpeak!

The TC Classics is a DLC... not sure if everyone has them but they're quite cheap and if we're lucky, the Steam Christmas sale, starting on the 21st, will have them for a few bucks.
    Yes, I think I got my copy for $1.79 or few pennies less.

I rather not see the field divided in two groups. That's when the cursing most likely happen! Because when you are fighting for a track position against a driver from another class it's a nuisance.
    If you are racing for a race position though, than you have to deal with it and race it out without thinking about complaining. More drivers fighting for the same position in same group the better the excitement.

5. Default

I'm not sure what category the Opalas would fit, but running that mod was great fun. So I would cast my vote for that mod (of those that I am familiar with). But if that choice has only one backer, I'll run anything you guys decide upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    Does the option in the poll "Brazilian Touring cars" meant to say: Brazilian TC Classics? If so my vote goes to this class (I didn't vote yet, waiting on clarification).
    We already have fast F1 '88 series be running next season, and have had some hard to handle Caterhams and another high powered classic Formula cars last season.
    What would be nice and fun for everyone is a class that has low power touring cars with various options to bring together back-of-the-pack and the front runners! By that I
    mean there are options to give slightly faster cars to slow drivers and vice versa.

I think we tried to do that to some degree with Caterhams last season but to be honest the difference between two cars was hardly noticeable. We need more power
    Yes, the Brazilian Touring Car Classics.

I have to disagree about the Caterhams though.
    While they may be finicky because of their power/weight ratio, they are very forgiving cars. This is the very reason they are used in "academy" series real world side.
    They are meant to be wholly driveable, and are considered a training tool for higher powered cars. I honestly didn't expect as much difficulty with them as some had.

And, while it may not appear that there was much difference in the two cars (superlight and road going version - 360R) I see it quite differently when I look at the data from the races.
    The superlight allowed some to be on pace with what are generally drivers out of their reach. The superlight was mostly at least a full second a lap faster, even on smaller courses. My own testing, and lap times logged at the Virtual Experience Portal, and observance of others data, proves that.

What you are seeing is lack of consistency, not lack of raw speed...and I think the two must be separated.
    We can give the most powerful car to some, sure...but at what cost? With increased power and performance from a car comes increased difficulty.
    I think my point is, there can be unintended consequences to giving a faster car to a [generally] slower driver. If one doesn't lap it consistently, all that power is just wasted and becomes a burden more than an aide.
    All the power in the world is not going to overcome lack of consistency.

That said, this is good conversation to have.
    I think we have quite a unique field of drivers here, and the skill range is vast as well, so attempting to do something like bring the rear up to the front might take some unique and creative....thinking....to actually achieve.

I would say Brazilian Stock Cars without hesitation, so good is the simulation factor involved, aswell as quality.
    And I would like to see maybe some different and international tracks used, not only the brazilian ones. The real world factor kind of impose use brazilian tracks, almost in all leagues I had the chance to participate, but those cars at Road America, Laguna Seca, Bathurst and Adelaide should be a totally awesome experience.
    Brilliant cars, amongst the best in Simracing.

If we want multiclass, we can have the Stock Cars and the pickups Montanas on track. Or the Stock Cars and the Touring Cars on track. The difference is proper for it.

I rather not see the field divided in two groups...
    Not two classes Jon, like the Caterhams, slow cars to fast guys, fast cars to slow guys but all for an outright win.
    In the Caterhams, the difference was around a second. I suspect with 35 more ponies and a higher road holding capability, the gap should be around 3 sec.
    I'm gonna test it to see exactly but for one thing, no much adjustments in the B cars, some of the guys run the default so that would even the odds even more.

I'm putting myself in the shoes of drivers that qualies 4-5 seconds off the poles. One class, one win, the fast guys in wheel barrows.

We're gonna die laughing !

Last edited by Gilles Lalonde; 12-10-2018 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Lalonde View Post
    Not two classes Jon, like the Caterhams, slow cars to fast guys, fast cars to slow guys but all for an outright win.
    In the Caterhams, the difference was around a second. I suspect with 35 more ponies and a higher road holding capability, the gap should be around 3 sec.
    I'm gonna test it to see exactly but for one thing, no much adjustments in the B cars, some of the guys run the default so that would even the odds even more.
    Sorry Gilles looks like I misunderstood when you said two groups. What you are saying in your post (above) is what I was also referring to.

@Jason, I agree in fast and powerful cars that consistency and ability of fast drivers will be apparent. But these are TC cars with around 140-175 HP? It will be more of an
    even playing field (with the help of a class difference).

@Angelo, love to race Brazilian Stock Cars too. Maybe following season?

Some track options for TC cars (short and for close racing):

- Caruaru 1.75 mi
    - Cascavel 1.89 mi
    - Goiania Short 1.19 mi
    - Hockenheimring Short A 1.64 mi
    - Guapore 1.92 mi
    - Kansai West 1.39 mi
    - Okayama Piper 1.22 mi
    I agree with Jon's suggestion of these tracks for the Brazilian Touring Cars that Gilles suggested running. They are quite low on power and not race cars by design. In addition, some are front wheel drive cars. Can you say learning curve? As slower momentum cars, shorter tracks with fewer tight and slow turns is probably best. I would add the following to Jon's suggestions:
    1. I think Jon meant Kansai East @ 1.39 miles (basically part of Suzuka Sector one)
    2. Putnam Park (lots of run off and good use of a track not used much)
    3. Taruma, if you want to include more Brazilian tracks
    4. Vanport (N/C to keep laps under 1:30. Or with chicane if the weaker cars run out of top end on the front straight)