Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 90

Thread: MNRL Formula Classic World Championship Details and Car Selection

  1. #51

    Default

    Question!

    Are we using TS or Discord ?

    ---

    To all, This is the discord I use :


    The Squirrel installer Discord use is... junk. There is no control over the installation and it sets itself under c:\users\UserName\appdata\local\discord\. That is NOT a program installation folder. AppData is for application settings and data. Not executables.

    Typicaly, appdata\local "contains data that can't move with your user profile. This data is typically specific to a PC or too large to sync with a server. For example, web browsers usually store their temporary files in there."
    (https://support.pointlogic.com/faq/t...appdata-folder)

    For those of you who wish for more control: Portapps.Github Discord Portable
    It's a portable version of Discord (third party made) available as a 7zip archive the can be decompressed into any folder of your choice. Just make your own appropriate shortcuts.

    It does auto update itself from the Discord servers
    I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 16gigs of 1866 HyperX FURY on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running a used GTX970 4GD5T OC on an new AOC Q2963 21:9 screen... I'm doing way better! I even got myself a barely used G29! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Soutwest Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Lalonde View Post
    Question!

    Are we using TS or Discord ?

    ---

    To all, This is the discord I use :


    The Squirrel installer Discord use is... junk. There is no control over the installation and it sets itself under c:\users\UserName\appdata\local\discord\. That is NOT a program installation folder. AppData is for application settings and data. Not executables.

    Typicaly, appdata\local "contains data that can't move with your user profile. This data is typically specific to a PC or too large to sync with a server. For example, web browsers usually store their temporary files in there."
    (https://support.pointlogic.com/faq/t...appdata-folder)

    For those of you who wish for more control: Portapps.Github Discord Portable
    It's a portable version of Discord (third party made) available as a 7zip archive the can be decompressed into any folder of your choice. Just make your own appropriate shortcuts.

    It does auto update itself from the Discord servers
    TS, one more time.
    Next week, we'll make the official move to discord.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Soutwest Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,272

    Default

    ATTENTION - ALL UNREGISTERED DRIVERS!!!

    If you wish to take part in this series you must register a car before you race from henceforth.
    It's a straightforward and easy process, takes seconds. We do not want to see duplicate cars on track. Contact Joe, or post here, and have a customized skin created.
    If you plan to race, be sure to register a car before the next race (Tuesday, January 22, 2019)

    Be aware, if you show up on race night with a duplicate car (ie...if you're in someone else's car) and have not bothered to register, you will be booted from the server come race time.
    If a unregistered driver slips through the cracks (ie...you go unnoticed by us on race night) your results will be disqualified from the championship standings.

    You have been forewarned.
    Please be sure to follow the procedure laid out here because excuses, from henceforth, for not registering a car prior to racing will be ignored.

  4. Default

    Name: Elliott Budzinski
    Number:391
    Country:USA
    Livery: H

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Gulfport MS
    Posts
    692

    Default

    !!!!There is a New Skin Pack Available in the first post of this thread.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Gulfport MS
    Posts
    692

    Default

    ATTENTION: ALL DRIVERS!

    Due to a limited number of cars available in this series we will be releasing Liveries, Helmets and Numbers of drivers that do not chime in to make their intentions known.
    Drivers who miss two consecutive races need to post their intent to race and those who don't will lose their car.

    If you registered but now do not wish to participate, please let us know.

    Those missing two consecutive races will be allowed to keep their car for future rounds, but under the condition that they post their intentions here (ie...we are not stripping away cars. We're simply trying to sort who is active and who is not, that way if new guys show up and want a car, it will be there)

    Two consecutive missed rounds without excuse will be seen as abandoning the car.

    Thank you for your cooperation
    Last edited by Joe Miller; 01-23-2019 at 07:16 PM.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    2,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Miller View Post
    ATTENTION: ALL DRIVERS!

    Due to a limited number of cars available in this series we will be releasing Liveries, Helmets and Numbers of drivers that do not chime in to make their intentions known.
    Drivers who miss two consecutive races need to post their intent to race and those who don't will lose their car.

    If you registered but now do not wish to participate, please let us know.

    Those missing two consecutive races will be allowed to keep their car for future rounds, but under the condition that they post their intentions here (ie...we are not stripping away cars. We're simply trying to sort who is active and who is not, that way if new guys show up and want a car, it will be there)

    Two consecutive missed rounds without excuse will be seen as abandoning the car.

    Thank you for your cooperation
    Given that this half applies to me already, know that I WILL be racing. I didn't spend 7 hours fu**ing with this thing last week only to throw in the towel (and I'm not rowing from Brazil back to "the continent" just for my health).

    I'll drive VW livery if necessary. The last thing I care about at this point is paint...or Discord...or a mic.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Soutwest Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    Given that this half applies to me already, know that I WILL be racing. I didn't spend 7 hours fu**ing with this thing last week only to throw in the towel (and I'm not rowing from Brazil back to "the continent" just for my health).

    I'll drive VW livery if necessary. The last thing I care about at this point is paint...or Discord...or a mic.


    Just want to point out a thing you might want to be aware of...
    The last thing I care about at this point is paint
    It doesn't work that way in AMS. If you do not have the skin pack applied properly, when it moves to race session, you will get a "collision detection mismatch" and it will kick you.
    Now, given this didn't happen the last race, and you were in with your skin...that means you had the pack applied properly.
    There has been an update (added a driver or two, thus a couple new skins)...so make sure that is applied and you'll be good to go.

    Overall point was that you cannot just not apply the skins and see the defaults, like you can in some other sims. So be aware of that.

    ETA: Skin pack is in the OP here, btw.
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 01-25-2019 at 03:32 PM.

  9. #59

    Default

    Have a car to select yet?

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Gulfport MS
    Posts
    692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mancebosk8 View Post
    Have a car to select yet?
    There is one livery left. Livery G
    Please post a number and the Country you want to represent and I'll put it on the car for you.
    Check the first post in this thread before you chose a number, to make sure your number is not the same as another driver https://cmsracing.com/champion/forum...Car-Selection&
    Last edited by Joe Miller; 01-25-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Champion Motorsports

We've been providing computer-based quality sim racing for our membership for nearly two decades.

Our various iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, and rFactor 2 leagues are "serious fun" in a friendly atmosphere. We also host rallying special events in Richard Burns Rally and Dirt Rally.

While our events are competitive, we welcome all sim racing drivers from beginners to the seasoned professional. No matter what your level of experience we have events throughout the week to match your sim racing interests.

To get started, register for an account by clicking here.