Thread: Mini-blog regarding the life-span of a profile in ATS.

Default Mini-blog regarding the life-span of a profile in ATS.

Howdy truckers!

I just wanted to share some thoughts regarding the life-span of an ATS profile and the new 1.33 upgrade to ATS currently in open-beta.

In my experience, the life of a profile will range from around 50 levels with my highest at 75. Then the profile just grows old and begins to take on aches and pains through exposure to too many ingame changes.

These changes can be akin to upgrades that conflict with too many mods; or is burdened by too many events such as addition of too many conflicting mods along with over-burdening graphics combined with purchased garages and trucks for several examples.

These conditions may develop an acute case of CTD's (crashes to the desktop) in which there is no cure unless you do a clean install which may get rid of the CTD's but will start you over anyway; or there is also the .sii procedure if you know how to convert .sii code to readable stuff; or just do it Trucker Style (the easy way) and start a new profile all together.

Saving the profile thru doing an .sii code surgery, is too much trouble (imho), and will enable you to save the profile name but most likely will result in your tired driver having to start over anyway. If you know of any other ways that might save a profile's life and would like to share, I'd be happy to read it.

I hadn't developed any problems I couldn't overcome in previous upgrades, so I took on the 1.33 open beta. The short upgrade didn't take long and I really liked the new physics interpolation along with the detour events. (For a comprehensive over-view, read the Steam excerpt on the 1.33 upgrade below.)

You can read about it here:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/ame...79132251894910

Since this upgrade conflicts with too many mods, I highly recommend that you wait for the upgrade to finish development before installing because it will most likely kill your current profile. Of course, you can forego the new upgrade and keep going providing you are still running smooth and wish no interruptions, at least until ATS installs it for you, but you will be missing out on some great new ATS experiences.

In conclusion, I am enjoying the refreshing restart as I do each time it occurs. Especially with the new changes in the 1.33.

Happy steering and good numbers to you!
    Last edited by Val Hoggard; 12-01-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Thanks for sharing Val, appreciate your insight and learnings.

my personal motorsports blog

Thanks David! I really wish too that I had the cohesiveness and stamina to race again. I do trucking because it is fun and most importantly, not on any schedule. As to the AC on Monday Night, I would like to try it but will miss too many races to make any sense of it. So I don't know...

But thanks for keeping the ATS venue alive. ATS is really fun for me and I would like to see World of Trucks and VTM get caught up so things are back to normal.

My goal is to reach 500,000 mi. in ATS; I'm currently at 368,101.

Keep the apex's coming!!
    Val

Val, I would love to have you in the Monday night AC series for any race we can get you. Don't feel pressure, go ahead and sign-up part time and race when you can.

my personal motorsports blog

I haven't had any issues with neither my ETS2 nor ATS profiles so far. However, when they put out major upgrades, a few types of mods seems to extra sensitive. These are typically AI traffic or graphics related. Normally, I will try to launch the game after an update without changing the mods. If it fails, I will uninstall one-by-one those I know to be tricky until the game launches normally. Then I'll keep an eye on Steam, and when they updated, I'll activate them again. After the latest ETS2 upgrade, one of these critical mods was "Rudi's Rush Hour".
    Steen Nielsen (aka. wheeler)

Tom Walkinshaw: "When black goes to green, you are in troubles..."

As to mods,
    I will put in Jazzycat's painted truck AI Pack (this puts about 8 different AI trucks with matching trailers for variety);
    Viper 2 389 Pete V.x as soon as possible. right now, Viper's 389 Pete has Parkinson's Disease from the new physics algorithms lol;
    Anthem Mack truck (ownable) and its AI companion truck;
    minimal GPS; and a few sound mods. I try to keep from just backing up a dump truck to my mod folder.

A lot of mods that used to help ATS are now ingame so that helps. I really like what they are doing with both ETS2 and ATS. Both are HUGE undertaking projects!

Good numbers to ya!
    Last edited by Val Hoggard; 12-04-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Im signed up for the Monday night AC race. But I feel like I just got drafted... lol All kidding aside, I love AC although RRR and F1 2018 are my most favorite.

Thanks!

Steen, Im glad you are not having any problems in driving the trucks. The venues are very strenuous on PC systems.