Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Special Event - CMS Nordschleife Hotlap & Qualifying Competition

Extend practice and Q to 2 hours each if you will not allow us to vote on advancing the sessions please
    2012 CMS North American and World Divison P1 Champion

Case-HAF922, Motherboard-ASUS-ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING, Processor-I5-9600K, Ram-32GB GSKILL,DVD Burner-ASUS X 2, Power Supply-Corsair HX850, Wheel-T500-Ferrari F1 Rim, Monitor-LG 42" 4K, Video Card-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver. I am not designed to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. I am designed to win.." Ayrton Senna

2. Default

I just posted in the rF2 forum.

Keep in mind guys you won't be able to join the server during a race (same as always) so Scott that is why you're getting the pending message. You can join during qualifying, and there is no practice or warm up sessions.

I'll check the server about the time.
    Last edited by Doug Atkinson; 12-03-2018 at 12:37 AM.

3. Default

Yep, qualifying was set for 11 AM and the 2 lap race was set for 7:30 AM.
    I changed the race time to 11 AM and we should be good.
    Looks like nobody set a fast time during a race so no issues there.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer23 View Post
    Extend practice and Q to 2 hours each if you will not allow us to vote on advancing the sessions please
    If no one else is on the server, just leave, come right back in, it will restart the quali session. It will do this each and every time there are 0 drivers on the server.

If others are there, just go to "race" and then escape out. If everyone DNFs, it will take a few seconds, then will restart the quali. (Be sure to save setup in this case because it won't just reset to quali, the entire thing will reload and if not saved, you'll lose your setup)

5. Default

I'll explain the one hour qualifying session.

Driver 1 gets on the server and stays for 2 hours as the track rubbers in.
    Driver 2 only has an hour so he has to leave after that hour.
    Who would have a better chance to set a faster lap?
    Keeping it maxxed to a one hour session keeps everyone in play regardless of their wacky schedule.
    For this event, we want as much inclusiveness as possible, and I believe one hour blasts will do that better than a two hour run.
    Maybe it still doesn't make sense to you, but humor me for this one. I'm old and senile.

6. Default

Fastest lap so far is Jason with a 6:43.773

Come on drivers!
    You gonna let JW walk away with this one?

http://cmsracing-com.liveracers.com/...lap%20&%20Qual

If I remember correctly, it is possible to create a "rubber file" and load it as a session starts. And I think you can then turn of the dynamic road to ensure a constant rubber level. When Brian and I ran the WRS we created the real road file offline using multiple AI cars and time acc. And then we tranferrred it to the server. But maybe rF2 has changed? This was 2 years ago...
    Steen Nielsen (aka. wheeler)

Tom Walkinshaw: "When black goes to green, you are in troubles..."

8. Default

You are correct Steen. We have a pre-set level of track rubber on it now. One of the nice things S397 has done is adding pre-set rubber levels to new tracks. Really helps.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
    If I remember correctly, it is possible to create a "rubber file" and load it as a session starts. And I think you can then turn of the dynamic road to ensure a constant rubber level. When Brian and I ran the WRS we created the real road file offline using multiple AI cars and time acc. And then we tranferrred it to the server. But maybe rF2 has changed? This was 2 years ago...

But Q is still only 60 minutes?
    Steen Nielsen (aka. wheeler)

Tom Walkinshaw: "When black goes to green, you are in troubles..."

10. Default

Yep. We can look at doing a hotlap qualifying session longer for the next one. But for this one everyone gets an hour to heat up their car and tires in a qualifying run.