Thread: MoSport (F1) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Default MoSport (F1) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Last edited by Joe Miller; 12-04-2018 at 10:07 PM.

Really tough track. Everyone except Denis and Jerry entered the pits at some point during the race, some more than once.
    I lost the lead when I stepped on the accelerator at the wrong moment and hooked into the wall on lap 21. Had to pit to put the nose back on.
    I figured there was enough time left that I might catch Denis but Brette was too far away. Then my spotter told me Brette was pitting. At that point I just tried my best not to repeat my earlier off track excursion.
    Great drive Denis and Jerry. Congrats to everyone that crossed the finish line at this tough track with these hard to drive cars.

Tough race for me. Never went into the pits, but I did more than likely injure a bunch of spectators during an off track excursion about mid race...

...took me a long time to find balance in the car. Finally found it, found some time, and was quite happy and looking forward to the battle I figured was to come.
    P2 in quali, I'll take it!

Off the start I launched rather well...but the outside line into T1, and more importantly T2, I just couldn't make it stick and had to back out so I didn't tangle with Joe.
    Very very dangerous car for those initial laps....like driving on ice, and with no brakes to boot!

I settled into P2 and within a few laps Joe and I had pulled away from the rest of the field.
    I was content just trying to keep up, but I was losing time at the exit of Moss. I think my gearing was a bit off on the low end, so I was bogging, or just not confident enough in the car to press much coming out of Moss. Either way, I was losing time, but then making it up again while cornering...so I was pretty much sitting back, observing, trying to find weak spots in Joe's pace.

15-20 minutes of that and then I got a bit slippy out of Moss...lost 2 seconds or more, so I was pushing a bit to keep up because I knew when Joe pulled away I'd have no other chance (or at least, I thought that would be the way it played out. Turned out, everyone had trouble...so)

Anyways, next lap and I'm heading into Moss...see a yellow and about that time I see Gilles turned sideways in Moss. I couldn't force the car down on the track to the inside, which would have been optimal there...carrying too much speed, so I veered into the grass to avoid T boning his car. Thought I had it under control, but when I got back on the track surface I was drifting and it just got around on me. Stalled the car, so took me a good 15 seconds or so to get going again.
    Brette caught me, and was passing me as I regained my bearings.

I stuck with him some laps, trying to pressure, trying to hang on in the straights because the V12 was just flat out faster there...but it lacked cornering, so I was doing well enough. Until, at some point, somewhere along the road (I don't even remember..lol) I missed a brake point, into the grass I go....I see barrier coming....I see opening in barrier. I run through opening so as not to die. Ended up in the spectator area
    ...and I'm pretty sure I maimed 20 or 30 spectators (track officials say they will all survive, but the law suits may start rolling in soon)

I drove half way around the track trying to find an opening to rejoin. Finally found a gap in the wall, but it had an invisible wall....plastered that puppy!....damage, but not too bad.

Because of that, I rejoined P7..way back!
    From there, it was just "let's get this over with" and I only regained P5 because of issues from others, nothing to do with driver skill or any such thing at all.

So...from competitive at the front, jockeying for P1, to "well, let's force myself to finish this thing" in about 2.5. lol lol

Good stuff though, that first 20 minutes or so.
    It happens...this was a REALLY tough one, and congrats to every single person that braved it, and especially to those that finished and the winners and podiums in their respective group. Nice work sticking it out, everyone!

Now...on to the final.
    I'm burned out on Mosport for a while. 80 lap race there Sunday with another league (and a few hundred practice laps for that) and then 45 minutes here in these, after more than 100 laps of practice for this one...I'd say I've done at least 600 laps of Mosport in the last two weeks...so I'm glad it's come and gone for now....

4. Default

Congrats to Joe on the win, and Denis on the old farts' win (2nd overall)!

I decided my first race with my new wheel/pedals would be run in this mod, as it was the next event -- not a bad idea since the field was small, but one heck of a challenge. Dummied down the accel and brake pedals by 10% to enhance my chance of controlling the ride, loading in a great setup Brette had sent to me (I couldn't make the default behave at all).

Took the green in 2nd last, I think, in the row behind Tony. I'm thinking I might be able to race Tony and Jerry a bit. (that proved to be wrong, as they left me way behind). At the start the left line didn't get going, so I found myself in front of some folks who had practice speeds much faster that I could make. Not a good position to be in, but they all found a smooth way around me. Had a minor spin, so I "raced" lap after lap solo (but learned a lot about how to handle the new wheel), got lapped, then Jason and Brette lapped me (fortunately exiting onto the back straight). Only a lap or two later I saw Jason up on the hill mowing over Port-O-Lets and hotdog stands, so I got that lap back from him. Somehow I got another, and was in front of him for the last 8 laps or so. He was coming up on me a few seconds per lap, and I responded nicely -- by spinning at the line, letting him and Tony and Gilles by (sorry about the scare, guys!). But I finished!

Sorry for missimg the race. brrn too busy (and tired) packing stuff to move. In a few weeks I'll be back in full strengh.

Default Mosport

Quote Originally Posted by aaron page View Post
    Congrats to Joe on the win, and Denis on the old farts' win (2nd overall)!

I decided my first race with my new wheel/pedals would be run in this mod, as it was the next event -- not a bad idea since the field was small, but one heck of a challenge. Dummied down the accel and brake pedals by 10% to enhance my chance of controlling the ride, loading in a great setup Brette had sent to me (I couldn't make the default behave at all).

Took the green in 2nd last, I think, in the row behind Tony. I'm thinking I might be able to race Tony and Jerry a bit. (that proved to be wrong, as they left me way behind). At the start the left line didn't get going, so I found myself in front of some folks who had practice speeds much faster that I could make. Not a good position to be in, but they all found a smooth way around me. Had a minor spin, so I "raced" lap after lap solo (but learned a lot about how to handle the new wheel), got lapped, then Jason and Brette lapped me (fortunately exiting onto the back straight). Only a lap or two later I saw Jason up on the hill mowing over Port-O-Lets and hotdog stands, so I got that lap back from him. Somehow I got another, and was in front of him for the last 8 laps or so. He was coming up on me a few seconds per lap, and I responded nicely -- by spinning at the line, letting him and Tony and Gilles by (sorry about the scare, guys!). But I finished!
    Aaron-
    I started with the same expectation of racing you and Jerry, but found myself at the end of the lead pack when the left line didn't get going. My Eaglle had a nice setup from Denis, so I was happy doing laps alone. I saw Jerry gaining for several laps and he eventually caught up and we had a great battle with every lap ending up together at Moss. The Eagle would pull away on the long straight and Jerry's V8 would gain it back throughout the twisty bits. Nose to tail and no collisions , great fun, but Jerry got past me going into Moss and coming out of the turn I put a left rear wheel on the grass and went across the track doing a 360 in the grass before coming back on the track. I couldn't catch up and a lap or two later I knocked the nose off on a wall and Gilles said on TS I should "get it fixed", so I did. Over a minute in the pits then back on with repairs made a tires I guess.
    Some laps later Gilles passed me just as we came up past the pit entrance and we both saw your car parked sidewise in the middle at the line and we managed to pass on each side, WoW! That was fun! Sorry we didn't get to battle, Aaron, but will see you Joburg!

I don't even want to see the replay...@#$%?&

At the start, I could only see the first of the start light, the rest were hidden behind one of the virtual mirrors, I had to rely on the sound of the horn. While figuring that out, I did not get my revs high enough so I bogged down and the reflex I had came from my many years with only two pedals, I clicked the down paddle and dropped to neutral... DOH!!! I quickly engaged first... with out depressing the clutch... stalled it right there.

Down hill from then on.

Sorry to the guys behind me.

Next!