Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Really Cool Winter MultiClass Series with ESR on Raceroom - Dec 1 - Jan 12

Thanks Brette, and not sure on tires yet, I havent been able to do a full stint to really feel them but i am going to be prepared to change (or not). I am about to login and start streaming for today if anyone cares to follow long https://twitch.tv/davidantx

my personal motorsports blog

here is my race replay/stream from yesterday. Very successful result in 5th place within the Division 2 Class. I was happy with that result.
    I made some good and bad decisions on the setup and strategy though. I went no tires, but I think I should have managed how much fuel I started with and changed though a bit better. Had I done that I think 4th was achievable:

Watch ESR Winter Invitational Round 2 at Hockenheimring! from davidantx on www.twitch.tv

My Stream from round 3. Adventurous race for sure. Started out tough after a spin of my own doing a few laps in and pretty much dropped to the back of the pack. Spent the rest of the race working my way back up, and was pretty happy with the result

Watch ESR Winter Festival Round 3 at Bathurst - cmsracing.com from davidantx on www.twitch.tv

Dave what happened to you?
    also it was good to see Brette in the race as well.

Huge thanks to Dave for the setup and some practice this week -- let's keep working together guys.
    FYI, I will have to miss next week due to Christmas Travel, but I will be at the one after that.

Quote Originally Posted by davidan View Post
    My Stream from round 3. Adventurous race for sure. Started out tough after a spin of my own doing a few laps in and pretty much dropped to the back of the pack. Spent the rest of the race working my way back up, and was pretty happy with the result

Watch ESR Winter Festival Round 3 at Bathurst - cmsracing.com from davidantx on www.twitch.tv

Dave what happened to you?
    also it was good to see Brette in the race as well.

Huge thanks to Dave for the setup and some practice this week -- let's keep working together guys.
    FYI, I will have to miss next week due to Christmas Travel, but I will be at the one after that.
    Yea that was interesting for sure. It was my first online race in Raceroom and with ESR. Lots of help from the admin getting up to speed on Discord and their servers. Kudos to Memot. Not sure how to share setups yet. But would like to if you have something that works really good.

I spun at the same spot exiting the back stretch chicane, twice I think. I was also the AMG bouncing off the retaining wall at the top of the hill around lap 10. Glad I was able to collect it and stay out of your way. Didn't have much damage considering the tumble to the right. Maybe my roof looked worse than I know. I had decent pace considering the learning curve. Just need to dial in the brakes and shifting in this game. Seems like there is more of an auto clutch delay than other games.

Looking forward to more races with these guys. Not sure about the next two weeks. But probably make the last two races. Thanks to Andy and you for bringing this forward to CMS members!

Very cool Brette, let's for sure work together on these moving forward since all 3 of us are using the AMG. Good stuff, I am enjoying the sim.

I managed to qualify in P7 for the race so I was very happy with that. As the race went on I was able to move up the leader board because of other peoples miss fortunes so was up into P2 at the 1/2 way mark. Andy was behind me and catching me by a couple of seconds a lap and was able to get by at about the 35 minute mark. On the next lap a guy came out of the pits just behind Andy and lap or two later the guy had very poor judgement and attempted a pass on Andy going into the Chase section and took Andy out of the race.

So I'm back up into P2 with a good 12 second gap back to P3 now and I needed to pit for fuel on the next lap. I checked my pit menu and I had the correct amount of fuel I wanted so into the pits I go. Pulling into my pit stall and the crew did nothing! I couldn't figure out why I was getting refueled, then I remembered I needed to highlight the fuel box by pressing the Pit Select button to make the fuel box green and then confirm that's what I wanted. So Any HOOOOO, my race was over because I hadn't assigned a Pit Select button so my pit crew wasn't going to do squat. I ran a clean race, no mistakes, hadn't hit any walls and was able to miss all the wrecks and received Zero points because of a stupid mistake on my part. I haven't spent much time with R3E but plan to do a lot more racing with the ESR gang in the future.

Note to self: PRACTICE DOING PIT STOPS BEFORE THE NEXT RACE DUMB HEAD!!!!

Great result David and Brette cya at Spa
    Last edited by DaveS; 12-16-2018 at 01:02 PM.
    Dave Slee (DaveS) #38

Here's a Spa setup if either of you need one. Still in testing phase but running mid to low 2:22's with full fuel. Crew Chief says we'll need around 47 gallons of fuel for the race.

File goes: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\CarSetups\Spa-Francorchamps\Classic

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VUBAGwWzGao_WS9KeWv6BMk0D6EC3Mr6

Dave Slee (DaveS) #38

Thanks for sharing Dave, unfortunately I will miss this one and the next one due to family travel stuff for holidays but will be back for Round 6!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    Here's a Spa setup if either of you need one. Still in testing phase but running mid to low 2:22's with full fuel. Crew Chief says we'll need around 47 gallons of fuel for the race.

File goes: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\CarSetups\Spa-Francorchamps\Classic

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VUBAGwWzGao_WS9KeWv6BMk0D6EC3Mr6

Thanks for sharing Dave! I am about a 50/50 for Spa availability and 25Y/75N% for Twin Ring Motegi due to Holiday commitments that can sometimes change. But pretty sure I will make the last two rounds. Luckily I have all these tracks.

I'll gie this a whirl at Spa in the meantime anyway.

If you're racing today at Slovakia in the Merc GT3 here is a setup for it. I was turning low 2:03's
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hT...vv2JcLmtqP9Lvc
    Dave Slee (DaveS) #38