Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Hotlap Contest Now through January 6th - Assetto Corsa Competizione!

Thumbs up Holiday Hotlap Contest Now through January 6th - Assetto Corsa Competizione!

We are pleased to announce the 2018 Champion Motorsports Holiday Hot lap Contest! We will be using Assetto Corsa Competizione, available now on Steam Early Access! Always a fun tradition here at Champion Motorsports to see who can take the bragging rights during the Holiday Months and post some smoking times! The winner of the contest will receive a $10.00 USD Steam Gift Card at the end of the contest. Contest runs from the time of this post until January 6th. Entries, times will not be accepted after January 6th.

Here are the details and rules, it's real simple to participate. Simply follow the guidelines below and post in this thread your times:

1. we are doing this on the honor system - please be honest and don't ruin it for others
    2. Sim Assetto Corsa Competizione (Early Access)
    3. Pick a "single" car from the BMW, Bentley, or Lamborghini and drive your fastest single "hot lap" mode lap on all 3 GP Circuit Tracks (Nurburgring, Paul Ricard, and Misano).
    4. Your combined time from the single car at all 3 tracks will be summed up and that's your score for the overall contest.
    5. If the "Ferrari" and "Hungaroring" are released on or before December 12th they will be added to the contest, if after December 12th they will be excluded from the contest.
    6. Drivers may enter the contest in multiple cars. You are not limited to only one car. However, each car is restricted to it's best lap at the 3 tracks. No super-scoring will be allowed. For example if you choose the BMW and submit it's best 3 laps, you can do a second entry with the Bentley. They will be scored separately.
    7. Drivers are subject to show proof, replays of their lap times at any time if asked by a CMS admin.
    8. Drivers setting a lap time in the top 3 at any of the tracks are asked where possible to make a YouTube video of their in cockpit lap and share with the group so we can enjoy it, learn from it, etc. We will also share these laps on the main page of the website to give the driver exposure! So save those replays and be ready to make some YouTube videos for us!
    9. Open Setups are allowed and we encourage sharing this is a friendly contest

Game Settings Should be setup as follows:

Game Mode = Hot lap
    Day/night Time = 16:00
    Weather = clear
    Realism = Any allowed (Pro or Higher encouraged)
    Assists = Any allowed (Realism encouraged)
    See the 2nd Post in this Thread for an example entry submission table/template

At the end of the contest we will announce the winner and distribute the gift card! To be eligible for the prize you have to be a registered cmsracing.com forum user in good standing with the community!

good-luck and have fun everyone, and by all means post here with questions if you need help.
    Last edited by davidan; 11-21-2018 at 12:38 AM.

my personal motorsports blog

Here is an example entry that we would like to share with you all so that you can use it as a template for posting your times. Simply cut/paste this table or BBCODE into your post for your submissions.

Driver Name (example John Doe) Misano Nurburgring Paul Ricard Hungaroring Total Time
    CAR (example BMW) 1:32.444 1:56.666 2:02.333 2:00.000 9:04.444
    Last edited by davidan; 11-21-2018 at 12:58 AM.

Standings and Results will be shared here.
    Last edited by davidan; 11-21-2018 at 12:35 AM.

Ok I will go first and put myself out there with a time for one of the tracks. Still working on it and only a few laps in but have a time posted for Paul Ricard. I have chosen the Bentley for my contest entry.

Driver - David Anderson Misano Nurburgring Paul Ricard Hungaroring Total Time
    Car - Bentley GT3 1:42.606 1:58.509 1:59.769

Decided to have a little fun streaming it as well ...

Watch cmsracing.com Holiday Hotlap Contest with Assetto Corsa Competizione from davidantx on www.twitch.tv
    Last edited by davidan; 11-27-2018 at 11:25 PM.

Ok, I know some of you are working on laps who's gonna be next to share one ?

Added a Nurburging time for myself to start in my table. 1:58.605

I just haven't had time to run some laps but Sunday is free so I'll try to get a time in for at least one car/tracks
    Dave Slee (DaveS)
    #38 iRacing CanAm Racing Team

Ran some laps offline with the BMW at Paul Ricard, 1:57.813 so far.

I now have a baseline time posted in my earlier post for all 3 tracks!! ! Who's next?

Quote Originally Posted by davidan View Post
    I now have a baseline time posted in my earlier post for all 3 tracks!! ! Who's next?
    I'll try to do that in a week or so when I'll have a bit more time.