Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assetto Corsa Competizione CMS League - Interest anyone?

Thumbs up Assetto Corsa Competizione CMS League - Interest anyone?

when ACC ships and/or gets further along with multiplayer, I am thinking about being the admin here at CMS for a series. It would likely follow a Sprint Format to start (30-60 minute races) with maybe 1 or 2 longer special events (Spa, etc.) and be on Monday Nights (USA CST / Chicago Time Zone) /// who all would be interested?

If you are feel free to post here.

Might start in the early January time-frame (with sign-ups and planning starting much before that based on what type of interest I get). I haven't nailed down an exact format yet as I am still doing a lot of research on the sim, but it would be pretty authentic in nature to the the real life blancpain series structure for immersion purposes.

The idea is that it will be a multiplayer live series but I may also have some sort of option where drivers that can't make monday nights could participate solo against the AI at any time during the week and receive points / classification as well. more on that and other format topics as I think through it more.

David
    Last edited by davidan; 11-20-2018 at 11:17 PM.

my personal motorsports blog

Quote Originally Posted by davidan View Post
    when ACC ships and/or gets further along with multiplayer, I am thinking about being the admin here at CMS for a series. It would likely follow a Sprint Format to start (30-60 minute races) with maybe 1 or 2 longer special events (Spa, etc.) and be on Monday Nights (USA CST / Chicago Time Zone) /// who all would be interested?

If you are feel free to post here.

Might start in the early January time-frame (with sign-ups and planning starting much before that based on what type of interest I get). I haven't nailed down an exact format yet as I am still doing a lot of research on the sim, but it would be pretty authentic in nature to the the real life blancpain series structure for immersion purposes.

The idea is that it will be a multiplayer live series but I may also have some sort of option where drivers that can't make monday nights could participate solo against the AI at any time during the week and receive points / classification as well. more on that and other format topics as I think through it more.

David
    Thanks for suggesting such a league Dave.

If enough CMS drivers actually sign up, it could coax me into investing in ACC. Not that I think the cost is prohibitive. But I have enough cool sims to play with now that I doubt I will add more unless they get rave reviews, include well done series related content (ACC should nail this) and/or good Multiplayer with CMS level drivers is a slam dunk. So, I am optimistically watching from the sidelines for now.

I'd be interested if they add a few more car makes and tracks
    Dave Slee (DaveS)
    #38 iRacing CanAm Racing Team

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    I'd be interested if they add a few more car makes and tracks
    They plan to have all cars and tracks from the real series available by final release.

Count me in.

Sounds like I’m going to need a new video card for Xmas...
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

I'd be in for sure.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Understeer, you SEE the tree you crash into. Oversteer you HEAR the tree you crash into.

Here you go ... Sign up Now

As long as PST race start time not earlier than 6pm I will be in.
    The secret of success is constancy to purpose.

(Benjamin Disraeli)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    As long as PST race start time not earlier than 6pm I will be in.
    It won't be, closer to 830 CST / 630 PST (green Flag)