Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This mod looks promissing...

Default This mod looks promissing...

I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 16gigs of 1866 HyperX FURY on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running a used GTX970 4GD5T OC on an new AOC Q2963 21:9 screen... I'm doing way better! I even got myself a barely used G29! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

Link to the mod for anyone that wants to try it out.

I've been keeping track of it myself. Haven't got around to installing and testing it yet though.

Hello gentlemans.
    Still on my personal fight. One and a half month admited on the hospital and no glimpses of release.

Anyway, when released , I tested this Mod. Potential is huge. But the guy responsible doesnt seem interested in put any more effort on it.
    Bellow goes the review I wrote at that time:

“””Quick feedback, for a quick test.
    All cars looks great, the sounds are gorgeous! :thumbsup:
    Took the BRM, the Honda, the Lotus and the Ferrari to Kyalami 76. A couple of laps with each.

Then I ran into some troubles, and doubts, listing below:

-Hard and soft tires? I dont think it existed back then. It should be just one type of compound.

-For the Honda and the Lotus all worked as it should driving wise. If you´re not lifting while upshifting and bliping while downshifting, you´re over reving the engine all the time and locking the rears. For the BRM and the Ferrari autoblip and lift is completely on and you can go full gas between the gears without concern. Need to check the other models.

-The physics of the BRM and the Ferrari feels very wrong. Feels like FWD cars. You apply the gas at full out of a corner and the car runs into understeer. With all that power at the back, it doesnt feel apropriate. Also with the Ferrari I was getting a feeling of suspension failure, with the right front wheel loosing touch with the ground in a lot of corners.

Super happy with the release . But it needs a bit more of work.””

You're right Angelo,

I just took a quick look at the HDV files, the Lotus 49 has semiauto set to zero and the 312 has it set to 1.
    That can be quickly fixed.

As for the handling, I would have to test... I'm still wasting my time with the CanAm mod... that one's a mess but like this F1LR, all the files are available so I can work on them.

But I've been working on a version of "Setup Comparer" for rF2, I even got around to code a multi Notes field parser... seams to work!
    I'm transferring that code to the AMS and rF1 version and will upload it in the next few days.

Thx for the heads up.

That's right... an SC for rF2 !!!

I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 16gigs of 1866 HyperX FURY on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running a used GTX970 4GD5T OC on an new AOC Q2963 21:9 screen... I'm doing way better! I even got myself a barely used G29! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

What does SC do exactly? Create LE cars?
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

My apologies Jon, my writing often fails me... wha tha ya want from a French Quebeker.

Setup Comparer is a small application that I've been maintaining for a while now. It's "abandonware".

It displays two rFactor 1 or two AMS setups files side by side. rF2 can do it but I find SC's display to be more informative.

CMSracing.com/forums/entry.php?1188-Setup-Comparer-release
    Last edited by Gilles Lalonde; 11-24-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Lalonde View Post
    This is not a league mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Lalonde View Post
    No.
    Nothing made by this modder!

All slapped together conversion stuff, lazily done and lacking proper...well, anything.

Just go through the responses to any criticism, however constructive it may be...that alone's enough for me to not even bother with his stuff.

Yeah, I was wondeting about that. Even if the cars/mod is ok we still need to see author listing all the permissions from original modders.
    __The view is great from moral high ground__