Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barber (Caterhams) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

1. Default

Congrats to Brette for the overall championship, and Jon for the old farts' championship!

Congratulations Brette, very tight race to the finish towards the end of season.
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

Grats to all who made the podium!

-See You On Track!

Grats to Brette and Jon.

I'll get around to that consistency thingy soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    Congratulations Brette, very tight race to the finish towards the end of season.
    Agree! That was fun indeed. Hope we can see more of you in future Historic races.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Miller View Post
    Congratulations to Brette and Jon on their championship runs. Consistency does pay off sometimes. I know Jason is bummed. It looked like he had it all wrapped up until the last two races.
    It was an interesting series for sure. I really didn't like the cars at first, but once I got the hang of them I started to really enjoy them.
    Thanks to everyone that participated.
    I couldn't agree more that the Caterhams were an interesting and fun series. I enjoyed their toss-able and nimble behavior from the get go.

I really did not expect to win with the leading points gap Jason had on the rest of us. But you never know what kind of weird things can pop up and at any event. Since Angelo had to step away, Jason pretty much became not only our quickest driver, but a bit of a spiritual leader showing what the Caterham was capable of. At least until we got to Lime Rock. That inspiration gave some us a little Red Bull confidence to push the car's capabilities at a fast pace. With a little points intervention by Elliot, things started to even out some. By time we got to Barber. Several of us we're poised to give Jason a run for his money. I was just the lucky bloke near the front when problems snatched the lead from his hands.

Thanks to Joe, Jason, and CMS for hosting such a fun series for all! I like the short 2 race format for these types of cars. I also like the ability to take a few Mulligans for missed or poor showings. I hope to see more of the early enthusiasm displayed by many here spread out across future series seasons. See you then.
    Last edited by Brette Brooks; 12-07-2018 at 10:33 AM.