Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Historics Fall Season Race 3 - Mas du Clos

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Join us this Sunday, Nov 18, for Race 3 of the Historics Fall Season - Mas du Clos

Race Schedule
    Practice: 8-8:45 p.m. Central Time (US) - 45 min
    Qualify: 8:45-9:00 p.m. Central Time (US) – 15 min
    Warmup: 9:00-9:05 p.m. Central Time (US) - 5 min
    Race: 9:05 p.m. Central Time (US) - 60 min
    The announcement says join us this Sunday, Nov. 18th. If it is on Nov. 18th (next Sunday), I should be able to make it. But I doubt I can make it if it is tonight, Sunday Nov. 11th. Looks challenging in a different way than Cadwell was. I suspect you could say that for any track other than Cadwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Brette Brooks View Post
    The announcement says join us this Sunday, Nov. 18th. If it is on Nov. 18th (next Sunday), I should be able to make it. But I doubt I can make it if it is tonight, Sunday Nov. 11th. Looks challenging in a different way than Cadwell was. I suspect you could say that for any track other than Cadwell.
    Misspoken, I do believe (danged ole copy and paste, man...lol). Race night is not tonight, it's next week.

Oh, you thought Cadwell was "challenging"...it's got nothing on this place.
    I'm literally nearly stopping (think I was at like 20mph at times) through that last hairpin/chicane deal. Those last few turns before the final turn onto the front stretch are going to be TOUGH!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Misspoken, I do believe (danged ole copy and paste, man...lol). Race night is not tonight, it's next week.

Oh, you thought Cadwell was "challenging"...it's got nothing on this place.
    I'm literally nearly stopping (think I was at like 20mph at times) through that last hairpin/chicane deal. Those last few turns before the final turn onto the front stretch are going to be TOUGH!
    Yea, the map looks quite varied. Especially the tight section you are referencing. That reminds me of the last two turns at Croft... Never a dull moment, just dull tire shoulders.

Should make this. As I explained in the MNRL Barber preview thread I went AWOL due to a week in the hospital and subsequent rest, but I did manage to race with them last night (missed at least one race in all three leagues). Sunday should be ok, and it'll be good to finally get a crack at the Porsche in a race setting.

Here we go again (maybe). Is the cmsracing server up?

Everything is just as I left it, and it worked then: WRRRWRW

[EDIT: found the server, got in, but now have a "checksum failed error" (which kicks me out of the race). I'm guessing that might be related to an updated car (356) I might have missed, so I will start there]

[2nd EDIT: It was indeed, the Porsche (we are now up to version 5 I see). So I've been on the server in the pits, and...unless something else changes between now and Sunday...I should be good to go]
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 11-15-2018 at 01:55 PM.

I haven't been back to the track for a while, but need to get in there when I can for some practice.

Track scares the heck out of me.
    ...must be some sub conscious reasoning going on. I expect disaster (on my part)....trying to live as long as possible before the inevitable.

Racing this Sunday!

Pending penalties:
    - D. Slee, NQ (from Cadwell)
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

@Chris, no further updates planned, fingers crossed we see you on track this time!
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

Hey, after my vr experience last race, I decided I needed to get my machine up to a decent vr spec. I was running on a 2700K with a 1070 card and while it worked (the 2700K is below Oculus spec) after not racing for a number of months my vr legs were gone and I ended up with a pretty substantial headache.

For the last year or so, I had been eyeing a gen 8 cpu with a 1080 card at Memory Express, but wasn't convinced it was future proofed enough, so I couldn't pull the trigger. I'd bought from Newegg before and decided to have a look. Low and behold they had a similar machine for a couple hundred less. But then I noticed a 'There's an upgrade' button and ended up looking at a PC NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Intel Core i7-9700K (3.60 GHz) 8-Core Liquid Cooling (120 mm) 16 GB DDR4 240 GB SSD 2 TB HDD for $100 less after taxes and delivery than the retail on the gen 8 machine.

It arrived Thursday and I just got everything installed and spent some time on track. WOW, what a difference. All I can say is it runs like butter, so smooth and fast.

The only thing I'm disappointed with is the lack of extra PCI slots on the motherboard. With the video card, there's only one free, which has been taken up with a 5 port usb 3 card.

At any rate, Mas de Clos, holy crap! This is going to be an insane race!

See you all tomorrow!

P.S. the new machine didn't make me any faster for now
    Understeer, you SEE the tree you crash into. Oversteer you HEAR the tree you crash into.

Hope to get on early afternoon Sat after some errands.