Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Historics Fall Season Race 3 - Mas du Clos

Default Historics Fall Season Race 3 - Mas du Clos

Join us this Sunday, Nov 18, for Race 3 of the Historics Fall Season - Mas du Clos

Mas du Clos changes things up slightly, trading some of those sharp direction changes for more flowing curves, still with plenty of elevation change mixed in.

This event will be standing start. AC now allows gear selection before the green, but be aware that it also allows (and penalizes) false starts! So don't go before the green!

This season we are requiring all drivers to pit for at least 1 liter of fuel, even if you could make the race distance (most cars will not be able to go the distance anyway).

The server is set for 2 minutes between the Qualifying session expiring and the start of the race. Be sure to check the remaining time when the session advances so as not to get caught out.

We will have a shortOrange Zone for this event, through Le Pieu as shown on the track map.

Download the track here

Race Schedule
    Practice: 8-8:45 p.m. Central Time (US) - 45 min
    Qualify: 8:45-9:00 p.m. Central Time (US) – 15 min
    Warmup: 9:00-9:05 p.m. Central Time (US) - 5 min
    Race: 9:05 p.m. Central Time (US) - 60 min

Note that AC supports timed races, so the lap count will not be pre-determined.

Password and server connection information here

Join us on Teamspeak for voice chat. Connection information here

All CMS Rules and Regulations are in affect for this series.
    Last edited by Hutch; 11-08-2018 at 10:03 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

Server is up!

Just tried this track tonight, it's pretty tricky, curbs are killers, better stay on the road lol.

There also seem to be some issue with the pits, in an offline race I had the first pit spot, but I wasn't able to pit for some reason. I stopped in the spot, but nothing happened. Could someone else check if it works for them?
    EDIT: False alarm, it looks like the setup I have used did not have the pit-stop set up correctly.
    Last edited by mms; 11-08-2018 at 08:33 PM.

The last down hill twisty section is a killer if you get it wrong
    Dave Slee (DaveS)
    #38 iRacing CanAm Racing Team

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    The last down hill twisty section is a killer if you get it wrong
    Yeah, there's that hump where you're most likely to go wide, it pretty much ends your race. I watched some online videos, and it does not seem to be there in RL, not sure why they put it there...

Question, the main schedule says this race is on the 18th. But the op says the 11th.

Which date is the race?

Tks!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Understeer, you SEE the tree you crash into. Oversteer you HEAR the tree you crash into.

It’s the 18th, sorry about that! Fixed the post above, thanks Ken.

@Mihaly, pit 1 worked fine for me tonight. I did discover that the default setup has no changes in the pit strategy, so I also thought it wasn’t working at first. Then I loaded my Cadwell setup it worked as normal.

EDIT: just saw your edit, LOL!

Thanks Hutch!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Understeer, you SEE the tree you crash into. Oversteer you HEAR the tree you crash into.

First time at this track last night....wow!
    What. A. Roller coaster! Loving the elevation changes and the layout in general.

Really hard to get it right...especially that final sector. REALLY tight, not at all hard to overshoot various corners, especially in cars such as these.
    ...see a lot of agricultural work going on next Sunday night

10. Default

I am amazed that there isn't a barrier of some sort to keep you from sliding across into traffic coming the opposite direction...