Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Event - Ten Laps of The Green Hell

1. Default Special Event - Ten Laps of The Green Hell

Event Schedule

IMPORTANT! Drivers should join the race server no later than 5:30 PM GMT / 12:30 PM EST / 9:30 AM PDT

Server Reboot @ 5 PM GMT / 12 PM EST / 9 AM PDT

Practice: short session to allow all drivers to join the server

Warmup: 15 minutes to set the grid / drivers meeting on CMS Teamspeak

Race: 10 laps

Cars, Track & Build

We will be using the Porsche 911 RSR and BMW M8 GTE from the Studio 397 Endurance Package (which also contains the Norma from NARS Autumn Series).

You can purchase the S397 Endurance Package here:
    https://www.studio-397.com/2018/06/endurance-pack/

The track download, v2.30 is available and discussed here:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.p...2-v2-30.44793/

The race uses the latest public build of rFactor 2.

LiveRacers Timing & Scoring

https://cmsracing-com.liveracers.com...rds%20Practice

Race Comms

1) Teamspeak is required for the drivers meeting during warmup.
    2) The drivers meeting will be verbal over Teamspeak.
    3) CMS Teamspeak comms is required, but only to monitor the drivers meeting and monitor race control during the event. You do not need a microphone if you do not want to speak.
    4) A request to drivers to please be brief in you communication on Teamspeak. One sentence then quiet is requested.
    5) Abusive and/or profane in-game chat, Teamspeak or forum post language or deliberate crash into competitor's car may lead to that driver receiving probation, suspension or ban from the league.

Teamspeak connection details are here:
    https://cmsracing.com/champion/forum...ection-Details

Qualifying

1) Qualifying is determined by drivers fastest lap in the Hotlap & Qualifying competition. Results are here.
    2) If a driver wants to compete in the race without a qualification time on the Hotlap & Qualifying server, they are welcome to join the server from the back of the grid on race day.
    3) Be sure you join the race server with the exact same name you used in the Hotlap & Qualifying server. Failure to do so may grid you in the wrong position.

Warmup

Because of the event configuration, warmup has a special importance.

1) Make sure you have joined the server at least 30 minutes before the race. Drivers should join the race server no later than 5:30 PM GMT / 12:30 PM EST / 9:30 AM PDT
    2) Once you have joined the server, DO NOT leave the server.
    3) If you get disconnected, reboot your computer and rejoin the server soon as you can.
    4) The grid will be manually set in the rFactor2 server during warmup.
    5) If a driver has not joined the server before the end of warmup, they will miss the race.

Race Restart Conditions

There are two conditions that will prompt ONE race restart:

1) The server has a technical problem and crashes.
    2) A driver disconnects when the server advances from Warmup to the Race.

In either situation, the server will be restarted and the manual process of loading the grid (running the batch file and sorting any not included drivers) will need to be run again. Please, don't be "that guy" who arrives late and misses the start.

Race Start

1) Start is set for standing grid.
    2) Once the lights go green, SLOWLY roll off the grid and get in single file.
    3) All cars will remain in single file until AFTER they pass the Coca Cola can. Once you are past that object, you race has started.
    4) Do not advance past another car BEFORE the Coca Cola can.

Orange Zone

1) The entire first lap is the Orange Zone.
    2) After you cross Start/Finish to begin your second lap, you are out of the Orange Zone.

Settings

Driving View is open
    Auto Clutch
    Traction Control

Custom Skins

Custom skin uploading is welcome and encouraged, but please log onto the server a couple days before the race so your dds file will get uploaded properly. If everyone waits until race day, it may clog the server and necessitate that we disable custom skin uploading.

Penalties

Penalties can be applied one of 3 ways:

1) rFactor 2 system delegated penalties (all must be served, and are not in admin control)
    2) Upheld Incident Reports via Race Review Team
    3) Post race for a Start infraction via Race Review Team

CMS General Guidelines will be in effect for this event.

Additional Driver Notes

1) If you trash your car, you can leave and rejoin with a new car during the race. To do that, disconnect your Ethernet cable from the back of your computer, DO NOT press ESC in rFactor2. Then just restart your computer and join the race as you normally would. Again, if you press ESC, there will be no way for you to rejoin the race!

2) The server password will be available to drivers in the Teamspeak event channel 3 hours before the race. That is just after the server has been rebooted to start the race countdown. Until that time the server will remain unlocked.

3) You should be on the server 30 minutes before the race. It is important all drivers are ready to go at race time. Restarting the server would mean the qualifying position will need to be reset. The only way the server will be started again is if a driver drops during transition from Warmup to Race.

4) UNDQ is available on the server. If a driver gets a DQ. DO NOT TOUCH ANY KEYS ESPECIALLY THE ESC KEY! An admin will see you are DQ and will UNDQ you. IMPORTANT! If it is still early light turn your headlights on before moving out of the garage or rF2 will DQ you again!

5) Open setups, but we encourage everyone to share!

6) It is STRONGLY advised drivers reboot their computer just prior to joining the server on race day. The track is a whopper, and can drag down the computer memory and resources so some extra precautions are necessary.

7) Please check your computer graphic settings for the in-game start time of 0730. If you cannot get your computer running at that time on the track, and have adjusted your graphics, please post in this thread.

Server Back Online for Practice

Name: Ten Laps of The Green Hell
    Password: hades

If you detect any settings problems, please post in this thread. TIA!

--------------
    Last edited by Doug Atkinson; 12-14-2018 at 11:06 PM.

Arghh! I love the Green Hell, but this event is almost impossible for Europeans (Race start will be around 01.30 am).

Edit: I've been away from rF2 for too long... Where do I find the track? I have a file called "Nordschleife2_v2.01" . Is that the most current version?

Edit2: Track layout? I would suggest VLN making the GP part as small as possible.
    Last edited by wheeler; 10-27-2018 at 12:11 PM.
    Steen Nielsen (aka. wheeler)

Tom Walkinshaw: "When black goes to green, you are in troubles..."

Steen latest one should be v2.30.
    DL is at Studio forums.
    The secret of success is constancy to purpose.

(Benjamin Disraeli)

Wow! I haven't driven rF2 for more than a year! It has really changed!

Could this event be expanded to a hot lap contest for those of us not able to run the race?

First time set on the VLN layout is too slow - Oh man I have been away from racing for too long...

Note: Remember on your out lap, you can follow the GP cirquit around to start the timer without doing the full Shleife.
    Last edited by wheeler; 10-27-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Well, I searched Studio397 Locations forum for Nurburgring 2.30...and got three DL sites, two of which were 404, and third in French I couldn't make head or tails of. So I'm going to need a better link.

FYI, a hotlap comp might be fun too, and not just for Steen. Not the sort of thing you would setup for all circuits, but the Ring is the exception, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    Well, I searched Studio397 Locations forum for Nurburgring 2.30...and got three DL sites, two of which were 404, and third in French I couldn't make head or tails of. So I'm going to need a better link.

FYI, a hotlap comp might be fun too, and not just for Steen. Not the sort of thing you would setup for all circuits, but the Ring is the exception, perhaps.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.p...2-v2-30.44793/

Good link, downloading now. Thanks, Jason.

Doug, two recommendations;
    1- Make the race at least 7 laps if you want this be an approx. 60 min race. Or perhaps 8 laps if you want to add a fuel stop. But I'm just guessing on the fuel stop. 7 laps should be around 59 min run (~8:20/lap), I think GTE cars can go around 60-65 min with full tank.
    2- Or you can add a mandatory pit stop with at least 1 Lt of fuel fill. That can create different pit stop and stint possibilities/options.

Otherwise 5-lap race will be about 42 min race if it's a standing start.

(Benjamin Disraeli)

Or set fuel use to 2x to ensure a stop. It could be combined with 2x tire wear.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
    Or set fuel use to 2x to ensure a stop. It could be combined with 2x tire wear.
    But do we want a 42 min race? Too short to go thru all that prep work.

(Benjamin Disraeli)