Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Event - CMS Daytona 2.4 Endurance Race

I was just looking at the calendar, and I'm a little disappointed that the Endurance Series is not going to be on Sunday. That was probably mentioned somewhere, but I missed it. Was really looking forward for this to be my main Series. Still be there tomorrow, but will probably run the Sprint Series this season along with the MNRL Classic Series on alternate weeks.
    ôLife isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning how to dance in the rain"

2. Default

Hi Bill. No concerns yet.

We are holding 3 exploratory events on the day (Sunday) and times (Euro friendly) to gage the interest of resurrecting a WRS / SCES Sunday series for rF2.

The first event was Green Hell which has 30+ drivers competing for fastest lap. The race fell a bit short with 17.

The second event is tomorrow's Daytona 2.4 race.

The third race is the Bathurst 100 (which was originally the Spa 100). That will have a hotlap competition (like Green Hell) to set the qualifying grid. The race is next month.

After the third race, we will determine the interest and feasibility of a Sunday WRS / SCES series.

Those who want to see a Sunday series just have one thing they need to do. Participate.

If the numbers aren't there to invest the significant time it takes to set up a series, then we will do a quarterly "Special Event" on Sunday's for rF2.

It does little to no good for CMS to host a series with meager participation. Candidly, it just looks bad. Better we keep digging until we find what a good representation of rF2 drivers want to run. That is what we are attempting now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brehm View Post
    I was just looking at the calendar, and I'm a little disappointed that the Endurance Series is not going to be on Sunday. That was probably mentioned somewhere, but I missed it. Was really looking forward for this to be my main Series. Still be there tomorrow, but will probably run the Sprint Series this season along with the MNRL Classic Series on alternate weeks.

3. Default

IMPORTANT!

Drivers, look at the first post in this thread and scroll down to the new section titled "Track Limits & Reference Points".

Images have been added to show the track area's that are out-of-bounds and will potentially get you a live admin penalty.

Look at each image carefully and post in this thread if you have questions.

Also note the race starting point on the track has been specified.

Thanks.

Thanks Doug,

I was going to run Nurburgring because I like it, but at 73 I just couldn't remember what came next. Had a hard time completing a single lap, so took a pass on it. Daytona may give a better indicator of what can happen, I hope. I'll be there for for it, and Bathurst.
    ôLife isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning how to dance in the rain"

Guys, Doug is right here, in that in order to have a Weekend Endurance Series which is also in a good time slot for Euro Drivers, such as weekend, daytime in the USA, we need to see more participation. Trust me , we all want to do it and see it happen. But right now the numbers simply aren't there. Frankly we need twice as many interested folks in rFactor 2 to make it happen. The best thing you can do to help us with that is A) participate and B) spread the word and help us draw folks you know or race with to CMS so that we can get folks enough interested to make the series feasible.

David

my personal motorsports blog

About the TS communication.

Last time I was in the CMS TS, there was a NARS section. Now I can only see Sims sections (Automobilista, rFactor 2...etc).
    I should be in the rF2 section, or do I need some clearance to see some hidden room?

rFactor 2

my personal motorsports blog

Drivers should note that, T8, T9 & T10 curbs are part of racing surface in this event as per admins, BUT T11 curb is not!. (See ref. pictures)
    Please read "Track Limits" section in NEW​ CMS rules: https://cmsracing.com/champion/forum...quired-Reading
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

Where can I find the server PW?
    Steen Nielsen (aka. wheeler)

Tom Walkinshaw: "When black goes to green, you are in troubles..."