Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: STOCK Cars Return to Champion Fun Series SIGN UP HERE!

Thumbs up STOCK Cars Return to Champion Fun Series SIGN UP HERE!

I am very pleased to announce, that Stock Racing will return to the Champion Motorsports Community as our next set of races in the popular "Champion Fun Series".

For those of you who have been hiding under a rock and don't know what our fun series is, here is a quick overview. Fun races are just "that", purely for fun, laughs, and bragging rights. These events are an opportunity to run with friends (and make new ones) in a relaxed setting. You should not feel like you have to be a sim racing expert to participate in these, nor should you practice and prepare for hours on end for the race. The whole idea is to come and have a good time. We have been doing the series for over a year now, and have raced in some great cars and mods.

We will be using ARCA Sim Racing, I am pleased to introduce a 10 week racing season in the fun series! -- which may expand as well as new tracks are released ...

These races will be on SUNDAY Nights.

This thread will continually be updated with the official information you need to participate in this series.

Please indicate your interest in participating by SIGNING-UP in this thread, and I will add you to the official roster.

We will also allow custom paint schemes for this series, and cars will be distributed here in the Fun Series forums. I will setup a seperate car painting thread. Note that templates for the cars have yet to be released, but as soon as they are available they will be shared.

Stuff You Need

Everyone will need a licensed copy of ARCA Sim Racing. This is it's own game, not an rFactor Mod. You may purchase and/or pre-order it from the following website:

http://www.thesimfactory.com/

All of the tracks we will be using will ship with the game, so you will not need to download any additional tracks at this time.
    Races will be on SUNDAY Nights according to the following schedule:

SERVER INFORMATION

Listed as
    "Champion Fun Series" in the ASR Multiplayer Lobby and the password is speedzone (all lower case).

Server open at 8pm CST/9pm EST for Practice - 1 hour

Qualifying for 2 timed laps (private) at 9pm CST/10pm EST

Warmup for 5 minutes at 9:05 pm CST/10:05pm EST

Green Flag at approximately 9:10pm CST/10:10pm EST
    *****Races will be a certain number of laps, but will typically be between 100 and 200 miles in length.*****

Starts = Rolling
    We will run likely 100% damage in this series and full sim-options
    choice of cockpit view will be allowed
    The Race Event Schedule Will be As Follows

Iowa Speedway - Sunday March 16th
    Kansas Speedway - Sunday March 30th
    Salem Speedway - Sunday April 6th
    Pocono Raceway - Sunday April 13th
    Nashville Superspeedway - Sunday April 20th
    Talladega Superspeedway - Sunday April 27th
    Milwaukee Mile - Sunday May 4th
    USA International Speedway - Sunday May 11th
    DuQuoin Speedway - Sunday May 18th
    Daytona International Speedway - Sunday May 25th

I will update this thread with more information as needed, and do not hesitate to ask questions

Finally the series admins for this will be myself, Ron Schuermann, Jeff Chandler, and Tim Collier. If you have any questions that we havent already answered, please let us know ...
    Last edited by davidan; 04-21-2008 at 09:03 AM.

my personal motorsports blog

Also, guys if you want evidence that this sim is going to be a good solid option for stock car racing, DMP Racing (the biggest and most successful Stock Car League), is moving away from N2003 and to this Sim for their 2008 seasons. DMP is owned and operated by Dale Earnhardt Jr, and some others, and Junior was interviewed and quoted that he felt like Arca Sim racing was definitely a very viable and great option for Stock Cars. So come get involved with us here in the Champion Fun Series. If you are a stock car or NASCAR or ARCA Fan, you don't want to miss this!

Well now you forced me to pre-order this thing!
    Count me in for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickypro View Post
    Well now you forced me to pre-order this thing!
    Count me in for this.
    Got it Ricky, adding you to the roster and will update post 1 with sign-ups.

I also posted over at RSC in the leagues thread to let some other folks know we were doing this. I'll also tell some of the guys over at thePits, NAWSCAR, etc.

Be sure to tell your friends that may be interested in this as well. Also for those of you who may not be familar with our STOCK CAR History here. We are not newbies or rookies to this -- lol. We ran a very successful Stock Car N2003 league for many years here at Champion. It was named KISS Racing Club (KRC), and you can view some of the data and race archival at FILSCA. So, there is not a shortage of experienced and great stock car racers amongst us!
    Last edited by davidan; 01-27-2008 at 05:37 PM.

I have pre-ordered it David. Hoping Sunday nights work better for me.
    I haven't had a free Saturday since the New Year. I was hoping to run in the Dirt Trucks. Just hasn't happened.
    t.
    Rat Pack Motors
    "Where the Silver Lining is Tainted with Lead"

Unsafe at any Speed

Quote Originally Posted by davidan
    Also for those of you who may not be familar with our STOCK CAR History here. We are not newbies or rookies to this -- lol. We ran a very successful Stock Car N2003 league for many years here at Champion. It was named KISS Racing Club (KRC), and you can view some of the data and race archival at FILSCA. So, there is not a shortage of experienced and great stock car racers amongst us!
    Dang Jeff. 24 races, 18 top 5's and 8 wins. I think I had a good view from behind for most of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry McNeil View Post
    I have pre-ordered it David. Hoping Sunday nights work better for me.
    I haven't had a free Saturday since the New Year. I was hoping to run in the Dirt Trucks. Just hasn't happened.
    t.
    Awesome Terry! Hope you can join us for sure.

Eddie Lynch Guest

i might race in later races. as for know i really am not planning to spend $50 on a to me modded Rfactor. if anything ill just wait for it to be ported over to Rf.
    but maybe in 3 or 4 months i'll get it.

Steve Hall Guest

Never raced Stock cars before. Looks like fun.
    Count me in!