Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: Historics Fall Season Race 2 - Cadwell Park

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Quebec City, Canada
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Yeah I was able to clock many 1:52's but smooth driving inputs are really important. I did 2 more sessions after that, I was pushing for more speed without succes, actually much slower, until I backed up.
    So smooth driving with an agressive race line worked best.

    One other thing, I'vs spent a lot of time developping the car, so I may be very close to its limit. This could mean it's not that fast for everyone with less time behind the wheel.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Soutwest Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman View Post
    Yeah I was able to clock many 1:52's but smooth driving inputs are really important. I did 2 more sessions after that, I was pushing for more speed without succes, actually much slower, until I backed up.
    So smooth driving with an agressive race line worked best.

    One other thing, I'vs spent a lot of time developping the car, so I may be very close to its limit. This could mean it's not that fast for everyone with less time behind the wheel.
    Went and looked again...I had some low 1:53s in there. So, not so far off then.
    I can do more, I'm sure. It's maintaining it for the entire race that is going to be tricky.

    But, looking forward to the struggle. Never afraid of a challenge, even a frustrating one (the best kind!)
    As you say, more seat time (and some time in the seat less fatigued than last night, perhaps) and then see what happens.

    Lap times are mostly an indicator here anyways. Very hard to be super consistent in any car, and so much time to lose or gain in various places, especially in a car that needs all the momentum one can muster at all times.

    51s...here I come!

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Quebec City, Canada
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Some quick extra tips:
    1 click higher (than 7/31) on the final ratio avoids a couple of gear change
    dampers 6/5 , 1/3
    front ARB 5000

    I just made my PB acoulle of minutes ago with this setup and 70+ liters...

  4. #64

    Default

    Added the server name and password to the series announcement (I forgot thatís the new CMS way).
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Added the server name and password to the series announcement (I forgot that’s the new CMS way).
    That post is visible to the outside world, without registration, wondering if it's a good idea...

  6. #66

    Default

    Supposedly it’s not- David said you can’t browse the forums until you become a member?

    EDIT: You’re right, hmm, now what?
    Last edited by Hutch; 11-03-2018 at 03:12 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

  7. #67

    Default

    Racing tonight!!!

    Don’t forget, the clocks changed here in the US today! Double-check what that means for you if yours didn’t change!
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Racing tonight!!!

    Don’t forget, the clocks changed here in the US today! Double-check what that means for you if yours didn’t change!
    Just to clarify, the race starts in about an hour from now, right?

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Soutwest Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mms View Post
    Just to clarify, the race starts in about an hour from now, right?
    Yes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Champion Motorsports

We've been providing computer-based quality sim racing for our membership for nearly two decades.

Our various iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, and rFactor 2 leagues are "serious fun" in a friendly atmosphere. We also host rallying special events in Richard Burns Rally and Dirt Rally.

While our events are competitive, we welcome all sim racing drivers from beginners to the seasoned professional. No matter what your level of experience we have events throughout the week to match your sim racing interests.

To get started, register for an account by clicking here.