Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Historics Fall Season Race 2 - Cadwell Park

Yeah I was able to clock many 1:52's but smooth driving inputs are really important. I did 2 more sessions after that, I was pushing for more speed without succes, actually much slower, until I backed up.
    So smooth driving with an agressive race line worked best.

One other thing, I'vs spent a lot of time developping the car, so I may be very close to its limit. This could mean it's not that fast for everyone with less time behind the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman View Post
    Yeah I was able to clock many 1:52's but smooth driving inputs are really important. I did 2 more sessions after that, I was pushing for more speed without succes, actually much slower, until I backed up.
    So smooth driving with an agressive race line worked best.

One other thing, I'vs spent a lot of time developping the car, so I may be very close to its limit. This could mean it's not that fast for everyone with less time behind the wheel.
    Went and looked again...I had some low 1:53s in there. So, not so far off then.
    I can do more, I'm sure. It's maintaining it for the entire race that is going to be tricky.

But, looking forward to the struggle. Never afraid of a challenge, even a frustrating one (the best kind!)
    As you say, more seat time (and some time in the seat less fatigued than last night, perhaps) and then see what happens.

Lap times are mostly an indicator here anyways. Very hard to be super consistent in any car, and so much time to lose or gain in various places, especially in a car that needs all the momentum one can muster at all times.

51s...here I come!

Some quick extra tips:
    1 click higher (than 7/31) on the final ratio avoids a couple of gear change
    dampers 6/5 , 1/3
    front ARB 5000

I just made my PB acoulle of minutes ago with this setup and 70+ liters...

Added the server name and password to the series announcement (I forgot thatís the new CMS way).
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Added the server name and password to the series announcement (I forgot that’s the new CMS way).
    That post is visible to the outside world, without registration, wondering if it's a good idea...

Supposedly it’s not- David said you can’t browse the forums until you become a member?

EDIT: You’re right, hmm, now what?
    Last edited by Hutch; 11-03-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Racing tonight!!!

Don’t forget, the clocks changed here in the US today! Double-check what that means for you if yours didn’t change!

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Racing tonight!!!

Don’t forget, the clocks changed here in the US today! Double-check what that means for you if yours didn’t change!
    Just to clarify, the race starts in about an hour from now, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mms View Post
    Just to clarify, the race starts in about an hour from now, right?
    Yes.