Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Historics Fall Season Race 2 - Cadwell Park

Thanks for this, Tom di. I've booked it and it's on my short list of things to try after re-stalling content.
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 10-28-2018 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    So, I think I've figured out one way you will be able to see the server, Christopher.
    But I think it would require you installing content manager (which I recommend anyways, not only for this but because the app is simply great!)

Through CM, I can send a server invite...I can send it with or without password, to anyone of my choosing.
    I send the link, user clicks link and a command to boot up CM comes up (I sent it to myself to test it)...

https://acstuff.ru/s/q:race/online/j...9CSlBZXV5AXkdK

But like I said, that's only going to work if you're willing to install CM because it's necessary to make the connection here. ...but it will work that way, for sure.
    CM is easy to install, like super easy! Plus, you can manipulate and control AC in ways just not possible with native launcher, so win win situation there
    Trying to get to that link, and currently installing Opera as a downloading browser for just this purpose. The link BRIEFLY flashes with red on black motif (for about a half a second) but then goes "unavailable." But I saw it too, so something else is blocking it. Tried disabling my ad-blocker (tried this with AC too, btw), but that didn't fix it (Firefox, latest edition).

Opera I will keep bone-stock, and I'll use that for downloads alone.

Thanks. I will let you know if this AC addon works once I snag it, as with Toms idea.

Followup: Opera is now in place and with no addons DID allow me to load that link, Jason, but it returns an "unknown protocol" message. So I will search for "Content Manager," by name and see if I can't spot it that way.
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 10-28-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    Trying to get to that link, and currently installing Opera as a downloading browser for just this purpose. The link BRIEFLY flashes with red on black motif (for about a half a second) but then goes "unavailable." But I saw it too, so something else is blocking it. Tried disabling my ad-blocker (tried this with AC too, btw), but that didn't fix it (Firefox, latest edition).

Opera I will keep bone-stock, and I'll use that for downloads alone.

Thanks. I will let you know if this AC addon works once I snag it, as with Toms idea.

Followup: Opera is now in place and with no addons DID allow me to load that link, Jason, but it returns an "unknown protocol" message. So I will search for "Content Manager," by name and see if I can't spot it that way.
    Here, this one should do you better. You'll see CM on the first page.
    Sorry, must have been logged into CM when I grabbed that other link.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Here, this one should do you better. You'll see CM on the first page.
    Sorry, must have been logged into CM when I grabbed that other link.
    Downloading now, thanks.

Ok, it's actually "AC Content Manager" which is why I couldn't find it through a web search in the first ten pages. Nonetheless, it's now in place (thx Jason) and working.

One inconsistency: The original post shows what I think is the MotoGP version of Cadwell, while the server shows it as Cadwell Full Circuit. Having the wrong version in place on my own install did NOT prevent me from seeing it on the list, so it's not that (it may still be, however, that not having the track correctly installed (see Mihaley's post above), did cause the server not to show up--I made the same mistake he did, I think, and for a time neither of us could spot the server, so that may, indeed, be a part of the problem).

As of now I still can't get in, so it's going to be car content, rather than the track which is preventing that.

Colors: The server list currently shows the Alfa GTA and the Porshe 356 in white, while both the TZ and Lancia are red. So I'm thinking I have the wrong versions of one or both of the latter two cars (the GTA is paid content, and it shows as selectable in the game too), which tells me the Porsche is also installed correctly. So I'm narrowing in now on the latter two possible culprits.

Further updates as events warrant....

Latest update: FIXED!!!! I have just been on the server and IN the car (356 #4, though I didn't drive--I have to physically move the whole PC across a nearby doorway for that, which is why I often get online so late in the game before any given race. I'm currently puzzling out connectivity solutions to circumvent this problem, but I'm still not quite there yet).

I will post a followup tomorrow, as to what I think caused all this. Short version is I might have (probably did, since no one else had the issue) caused it myself trying to fix the missing skin issues back with the DRM mod (I have TWO cars folders, one next to content and one inside content-I just renamed the upper one "DRM cars")....

Two other observations: 1) Having the track in place DOES seem to affect (at least for me, though possibly true for Mihaly too (see his post above)) whether or not the server is even visible on the list*, and; 2) The color of the filter buttons DOES seem quite important also to allowing the server to be seen (or not). The only combination that currently works for me is: WRRRWWW.

[* This is critical, obviously, to fixing any connection issues, given that we cannot connect via IP# in AC as we could back in rF1].
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 10-29-2018 at 01:07 AM.

The "Assetto Corsa Timing" link on the Race Control page doesn't seem to be working (the timing site itself seems not to be working--the actual link to the site itself seems ok--I think). I ran a couple of timed laps on the CMS server last night as a test, thinking maybe the times wouldn't show up until the server cycled and reset, but there is still nothing there. Is it enabled or not, does anyone know?
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 10-31-2018 at 04:21 PM.

The "Assetto Corsa Timing" link on the Race Control page doesn't seem to be working (the timing site itself seems not to the working--the link itself seems ok--I think). I ran a couple of timed laps on the CMS server last night as a test, thinking maybe the times wouldn't show up until the server cycled and reset, but there is still nothing there. Is it enabled or not, does anyone know?
    Yeap, currently not working.
    I think it's being looked at, but might be a while.

(P.S. A slightly altered 356 is coming, today I think....so don't get too comfortable in that puppy just yet )

I'll trust it's being tweaked to improve parity between the cars. Which is actually why I was asking about the timings, as I wanted to see for myself.

FWIW I've managed a 155 267 in the 356A/[B?] (@ Cadwell). If anyone cares to post comparative times in the other cars, that'll give me a baseline and probable targets too (as I gather the 356A is the slowest of the four).
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 10-31-2018 at 04:21 PM.

I'll trust it's being tweaked to improve parity between the cars. Which is actually why I was asking about the timings, as I wanted to see for myself.

FWIW I've managed a 155 267 in the 356A (@ Cadwell). If anyone cares to post comparative times in the other cars, that'll give me a baseline and probable targets too (as I gather the 356A is the slowest of the four).
    I think I had something like 1:53 in the GTA, but I'm not sure, I'll try it out again tonight on the server and let you know.

It would be nice to have the timing back...