Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Historics Fall Season Race 2 - Cadwell Park

Oh, yeah. The whole list populates, starting with the "symbol+a" servers, then the A servers, etc. But plonking in the cms used to then show just the one (whether I had the content or not). Tried that earlier today and got a strange result: It returned the name of a server starting with "S" somewhere in germany, and careful reading of the servername showed no combination, let alone use of even all three letters. I was able to repeat this an hour later, so I cleared my Steam download cache (you know about that, Jason), and then verified all my local AC files.

I will see what happens about ten minutes after I finish this post.

The list populates just fine, and with all buttons white I see them starting with about five A! names, then the AC-1, 2, 3, etc...AC DRIFT....

The sort order does change depending on which buttons are red: If only button two is red, the list populates first with AC-1, etc, and THEN the A! servernames. Not sure what changes further down.

With nothing in the name filter box I see "champers.cz" and "CNSAC" in succession further down, and I THINK the cms server should be right there between them, but it just isn't. I'm not totally convinced the list is getting everything it should be from the server itself.

I see no way to join by IP#, although I could try PINGING the server perhaps, if I had the actual IP#.
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 10-27-2018 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    The list populates just fine, and with all buttons white I see them starting with about five A! names, then the AC-1, 2, 3, etc...AC DRIFT....

The sort order does change depending on which buttons are red: If only button two is red, the list populates first with AC-1, etc, and THEN the A! servernames. Not sure what changes further down.

With nothing in the name filter box I see "champers.cz" and "CNSAC" in succession further down, and I THINK the cms server should be right there between them, but it just isn't. I'm not totally convinced the list is getting everything it should be from the server itself.

I see no way to join by IP#, although I could try PINGING the server perhaps, if I had the actual IP#.
    207.179.212.205:8081
    But I'm yet to see a viable way to use it.
    Wonder if using the search bar would work? Instead of searching "CMS" (or whatever one was searching for) just enter the IP in the search bar...?....doubt it, but I'm not sure either way.

I'm going to look around in CM after I get done with this post, see if there is a way there to add IP and bring up a server that way.
    I see some supposed work arounds that will supposedly do it, but it's a bit convoluted and too complicated to follow easily (just mostly glanced at some things, didn't go in depth with it)

I am baffled as to why you can see servers, yet not the CMS server. Makes no sense at all to me, but alas, here we are still.

Also going to see if I can find those with similar issues....
    I'm thinking there is info sent from us, to this server list (lacking technical terms here).....somehow your's is screwy.
    There's got to be a way to delete that info sent back and forth, and start fresh (I know there is in rF2, for example, because just the other day I was reading about deleting some info sent from server to us, and how a guy had to delete this to stop some disconnect issues he was having)....so almost positive there is some kind of info stored, and that is where I believe your problem might be coming from.

We're going to figure this out, one way or another. It's now on my OCD things that must be done list, and I cannot stand things on machines that I cannot resolve/help resolve/etc. It's a machine, for the sake of all that is good! It cannot possibly have a mind of it's own (can it?...lol)....
    It's got to be something really freakin simple we are missing here, just got to be!

So, I think I've figured out one way you will be able to see the server, Christopher.
    But I think it would require you installing content manager (which I recommend anyways, not only for this but because the app is simply great!)

Through CM, I can send a server invite...I can send it with or without password, to anyone of my choosing.
    I send the link, user clicks link and a command to boot up CM comes up (I sent it to myself to test it)...

https://acstuff.ru/s/q:race/online/j...9CSlBZXV5AXkdK

But like I said, that's only going to work if you're willing to install CM because it's necessary to make the connection here. ...but it will work that way, for sure.
    CM is easy to install, like super easy! Plus, you can manipulate and control AC in ways just not possible with native launcher, so win win situation there

Anyone wanna run some laps tonight? Maybe round 6 or 7 cmt?

-See You On Track!

Quote Originally Posted by HeatCAN View Post
    Anyone wanna run some laps tonight? Maybe round 6 or 7 cmt?
    Sure! Will be there 6:30 ish CMT.

Chris

Don't know if this would help you or not but I had to change my ISP DNS service last year because I had problems with Race Department server not showing. It's easy to do and uses a free public service.

This is probably a long shot but it might be worth a try. You can always change it back if it doesn't work.

Here is a link that will show you how to change. http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/how-...windows-7.html

The info is for window 7 but it's the same for windows 10.

Well, I'm not sure whether the server is up or not, but right now I cannot see it either (can see others both from AC and CM).

EDIT: got it fixed, it turns out that my problem was that I did not install the track correctly. The zip file contains a folder named "cadwell_park v1.3", and I copied this under the "assettocorsa\content\tracks" folder, but it turns out that the actual track is inside the "cadwell_park v1.3" folder, named "cadwell_park", that's what needs to be copied under the "assettocorsa\content\tracks" folder.

It's strange that it did not show up in the lists at all, I was expecting to show up saying I have missing contents, but wasn't the case. Maybe Christopher has the same problem, I would suggest to check again if all required mods are installed correctly. If still doesn't work Michael could set up the server temporarily with vanilla content and check with Christopher, this way we could narrow down the problem.
    Last edited by mms; 10-28-2018 at 08:36 PM.

Wow, thanks for all the replies, folks. I JUST got on tonight and, as it happens, found a button combo that DOES show the server now (but of course I can't get in yet--content unavailable...). The single combo here that shows it is WRRRWWW, and nothing else.

So I'm making progress! The cms name filter is just completely useless unless it already shows on whichever button combo shows if first on the big list, so I'm going to stop going that route, at least for now.

I did also discover as Mihaly did that the track itself has to be carefully extracted and placed to see it as well, but with the correct car and the track selected, now the server does show itself. Woohoo!

So now I think I'm going to have to reinstall the content very carefully, one item at a time until I find the culprit. I'll try that starting tomorrow, and while I'm at it I'll try to log each replacement with a search for the server, to see if a particular item causes it to go missing from the list (the way not having the track in place might have).

While I don't wish the problem on anyone else, I'm glad to learn it duplicated itself for someone else at least for a short time, just to prove I'm not totally nuts. At some point, we should perhaps try exactly what you are suggesting, yes, so we learn what works and what doesn't, but it would be hard to set up as a test too. I suppose I should agree (since I'm having the most trouble) to sign on as a guinea pig, so I will do that here. At this time of year, with the weather cooling, I'm also reasonably flexible in schedule--not any less busy, but more flexible as to when I have to do other things.

So yeah, sign me up.

One other thought has also occurred to me: I wonder if it's the "cms-specific" version of the 956 that might be the culprit? I think I would remove that first, were we starting a test sequence, even though I want to drive the car....

BTW, when I tried to enter the IP# into the name filter, the list depopulated entirely as soon as I had the first three digits in place--so it was a good idea, but the box will not accept IP#s after all. Oh well.

As Forrest Gump might say: "It's just one less thang" (to have to deal with).
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 10-28-2018 at 10:40 PM.