Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Croft Results & Discussion

Well, if you missed both of theirs (but they were both able to join and race), then I suspect not being signed up is NOT the source of my problems.

Anyway...downloading Cadwell and the latest version of the TZ as we speak. If the server is running it will perhaps afford me opportunities to join...and succeed or not.

That said, when I proffer the CMS to the filter box...I'm not seeing it (the server). Just sayin'...

If it's up and running right now, I'm just not seeing it.

Chris have you tried the content manager app? I haven’t used it but I gather you can connect without the lobby. I think Jason has experience with it, maybe he can help?
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    Well, if you missed both of theirs (but they were both able to join and race), then I suspect not being signed up is NOT the source of my problems.

Anyway...downloading Cadwell and the latest version of the TZ as we speak. If the server is running it will perhaps afford me opportunities to join...and succeed or not.

That said, when I proffer the CMS to the filter box...I'm not seeing it (the server). Just sayin'...

If it's up and running right now, I'm just not seeing it.

It is indeed up and running. Double checked before posting this.

Being signed up would only put you in a specific car when you enter the server. Unless specifically set up to force us into the specified car, the ability to enter the server and choose any of the cars is there. So not being signed up is definitely not the issue. Even if the aforementioned was the case, you'd still be able to see the server.

Personally, I think there's only a couple different possibilities for the cause of your issue, Christopher.
    Either, A - You have added one of the cars incorrectly to your game files (or a few of them)...but that's a pretty simple thing and I'm sure you're very familiar with the files, and AC tends to be drag and drop modding, so...
    Or B - You mistakenly think you have the Dream packs added (would explain the "missing content") ...but that makes little sense since you say you can see the GTA in game.
    Can you take the GTA into a single player session, at Croft? While at it, perhaps toss some AI in there and put them in the cars being used in the series?

In any case, content manager might very well help ease some of this, and may provide you a fix.
    Mods are VERY easily managed with CM. Drag and drop into a tab in CM and poof, there they are. Personally don't use that method and I prefer to manually add mods, mainly because I rely on photographic memory and moving them around helps build said memory in case I need to do things later on, but the option is there if there's a nagging thought that a mod is being incorrectly added to the game, etc etc.

Content manager (CM) also allows for direct IP connection to a server, but you have to have that on a recent or favorites list to do that, so not sure that aspect of it would help you. Though, I do think there is a way to manually add IP info and connect via CM, but I'd have to do some reading on the specifics of that...a lot of this stuff is ever changing and at times it's a bit hard to keep up with all the cool stuff being implemented by this guy that created CM ("Ilja", or better know as "@x4fab" to some) and also a couple others that have recently developed REALLY cool stuff for AC (makes it a whole new sim in terms of looks and such. It's astounding what they've done and continue to do, but I digress)

Here is a link to some of the patches IIja has developed, some being worked on, some basically done, lots more in the works.

IIja's work

Next we have CM itself, check out all the features this puppy has!

AC Content Manager

If you decide to go that route and have any questions, just let me know and we'll try to get on TS together or I can work through it via DM if needed.
    I haven't been using CM a long time, but I've spent enough time with it to become quite acquainted (it's just SO frikkin cool what I can do with it...all those settings I never even knew existed in AC )

Thanks very much for pitching in, Jason! I’m really missing the “like” button now

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Thanks very much for pitching in, Jason! I’m really missing the “like” button now
    I have to agree with Michael. I would be clicking the 'Like' button a lot to all these insightful reviews and offers of assistance. Just sayin' thanks to all and hope Chris gets up and running. Should be an interesting season once we get everything sorted!

I will try these suggestions, thanks Jason (and everyone else too) for trying to help me get this fixed.

Sunday Night AC Fall Season R1 - Croft Review Final

Start:
    No issues

OZ:
    - Contact between Brooks and Kolar [2:16], Racing Incident
    - B. Brooks, cut track at Hawthorn Bend [2:19] and at Chicane [2:30], Stern Warning for gaining advantage by cutting apexes.
    - H. Zamora, cut track at Chicane [2:30], Warning for car control.

Penalties Summary:
    - B. Brooks Stern Warning
    - H. Zamora Warning