Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fall Season Tracks thread

Default Fall Season Tracks thread

After a little prompting in our Teamspeak session the other night, this season lets open up the track selection process to suggestions from the group.

The only guidance I have is that I'm after reasonably short, tighter tracks in general, based on the relatively low grunt we have on offer with our car set. I'd like to see us door-banging in our tintops wherever possible this season Since we're getting underway a little late, I'm planning on extending the season through the holidays into Jan/Feb next year.

After some testing I'm sold on the following:

Cadwell Park Full
    Charade 4km
    Mas du Clos Full
    Croft
    Putnam Park GP
    Feldbergring - this one is long, but spectacular. This track will be our return from holiday break, which will give us extra time to practice.

I'm looking for at least 4 more. Below are my other suggestions, all up for discussion:

Castle Hill (this one might be *too* short)
    Pau 74 (this one might be *too* tight)
    Road Atlanta
    VIR Grand West

Please feel free to comment below, especially including suggestions for tracks I haven't thought of. I'd like to have this worked through by the weekend, and get our first event posted for the 14th.
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

The only guidance I have is that I'm after reasonably short, tighter tracks in general, based on the relatively low grunt we have on offer with our car set. I'd like to see us door-banging in our tintops wherever possible this season
    I think it's a logical conclusion that tracks need to be short (and maybe tight too) in nature to provide close racing we all like to see, which should be a good match to the car set we have, and the amount of drivers participating. But I still see long tracks
    in the list.

For now I would chose
    - Croft
    - VIR Grand West

I need to test others first to make more suggestions. How many races you are planning in the next season?
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

I’m looking for 10 total I think.

Putnam and Cadwell are very similar to Croft. Charade 4k (not 8k) and Mas du Clos are a touch longer, but worth it IMO. Feldbergring is the total outlier, but wait till you see it! It’s amazing.
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

Easily said then done. Now I got to find time to test them all. But regardless new season looks exciting.
    I think we need to do some "advertisement" in social media.
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

Here are some other ideas, not the most historical tracks, but could be a good fit too.

Mills Metro Park
    New Jersey Motorsport
    Magione (too tight?)

VIR Grand west, is a great choice, maybe a bit long (I don't mind personaly) VIR North for shorter track

Just another crazy idea... the Targa Florio... The new version in development is pretty amazing even with nothing around. With a bit of luck it could have an update or two before the end of the season. There are point-to-point layouts (about 15 minutes each) that could provide some interesting variation without going for the full lap.