Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NARS 2018 Autumn - Race #3 - Autodrom Most - Result, Replay, and Comments

Default NARS 2018 Autumn - Race #3 - Autodrom Most - Result, Replay, and Comments

Last edited by Don Fryman; 09-26-2018 at 09:04 AM.

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

2. Default

Congratulations Shawn Campbell, Group 1 Winner!

Congratulations Frank Speer, Group 2 Winner!

Next up, the great track of Adelaide

Series Points have been posted!

Congrats Shawn and Frank!

Great race tonight, see you all in 2 weeks!
    ---------------------------
    JT Tami

Champion Racing

2011 NALMS LMP1 Champion - #97 Champion Racing Audi R10 TDI

Grats to Shawn and Frank on the wins and to the podiums.

Qualified better than expected and other than a very early mistake that cost me a spot to Eric I was having a great time. Chased him around for the next several laps until I bungled the bumps and ended up tearing the wing off the car. With such a long way to go to get back to the pits and considering the speed of the track I decided to bail instead of possibly being in some unsuspecting soul's way. Better luck next time, Tommy.

Congratulations to both podiums.
    Having problems with my right ankle could not prepare for this race at all. Came up with two setups (med and hi DF) after spending some time with shocks and packers to handle the first chicane bumps so going full throttle thru there was possible.

Decided to go with high DF setup which was unfortunate because it proved to be understeering in most critical corners. Coupled with lack of speed due to high DF, the combination proved to be dismal. If the T10 apex bumps had not caught me off guard twice, sending me spinning, I still could've challenge Jason for P4.

Loved the track and loved the setup challenge it brought. Too bad I did not have any time for a good setup work.
    Last edited by Jon Uyan; 09-14-2018 at 04:53 PM.
    “My goal is to not be bored by what I do”

Itzhak Perlman

Started out to be a fun race. Chased Jon Uyan the first half of the race and was looking forward to the second half. I pitted and on the way out I shut off the speed limiter a little too early. I got a stop and go penalty for that. Next lap I served the penalty but as soon as I exited the pits I got another penalty but I was sure to keep the speed down. I tried one more time, cleared the penalty but on pit exit go another penalty, still on the limiter. At that point I called it quits.

I think others have had problems in the past with clearing penalties but is there an answer to this problem? Is it RF2 or the track?

Anyhow, great track and fun while it lasted.

Congrats Shawn, Frank and the podium.

Bit of a lonely race for me, which I was definitely not complaining about last night.
    Still dealing with the worst case of poison ivy I've ever had, and after Tuesday's MNRL race and the effect it had on the itching on my arms, I knew this one would be a struggle.

Started out well enough, but over the course of the race the nagging itch saw to it that my consistency suffered, quite a bit at times.
    After pits stops I found myself just behind Colin in P3. For some laps I had the advantage, or so it seemed, but it always seems Colin gets better as a stint progresses rather than the opposite. Knowing that, and seeing a gap form, coupled with the increasing itch from the vibration of the wheel, I backed off and sought to just keep it in the road and maintain P4. Didn't want some stupid incident to knock me out of points again.

@Jon, it may have appeared you could have challenged for P4. However, I had plenty more in the tank, so to speak. The last 20 minutes or so, I was mostly "cruising"

Low DF package seemed to be the fastest, but would be interesting to know what the top 3 were doing here.
    With some adjustments I was able to go full tilt through the first turns as well without the car ever trying to break grip.
    Given the way it alters the gearing, and we cannot otherwise, at this point I'm almost certain the low DF package is the fastest option at most tracks. Started to become hard pressed to find a track where I'm faster with the other DF packs. So something to think about for those running mid or high DF.

Grats to respective winners and podiums.
    Tons of speed up front and I'm baffled by the pace of the top guys here at times. ...seems lots more work to do on my part, for sure.

See you guys next time!

Well, it was looking like I was in line for the Group 2 win (I think?), but then disaster struck. In the latter stages of the race I was running a decent 8th or 9th with about a 15-second gap over Jimmy R., but he was closing big-time. Pushed hard in a desperate attempt to keep him behind me through the checkered flag, but with about five minutes left I could see him in my mirrors. Knew I wouldn't have anything for him, so I started to think about where he would make the move and how I could let him by safely. Unfortunately, that shift in focus occurred coming down the front straight, and the temporary lapse in concentration on what was in front of me made my entry into 1-2 all wrong, resulting in a spectacular shunt. Game over. Argh. But, had fun dueling with Tom N. in the early going, so it's all good.

Congrats to the winners. That was a deceptively challenging track.
    Eric Klister
    Crawling Gecko Motorsports

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tom DiLibero View Post
    Started out to be a fun race. Chased Jon Uyan the first half of the race and was looking forward to the second half. I pitted and on the way out I shut off the speed limiter a little too early. I got a stop and go penalty for that. Next lap I served the penalty but as soon as I exited the pits I got another penalty but I was sure to keep the speed down. I tried one more time, cleared the penalty but on pit exit go another penalty, still on the limiter. At that point I called it quits.

I think others have had problems in the past with clearing penalties but is there an answer to this problem? Is it RF2 or the track?

Anyhow, great track and fun while it lasted.

Congrats Shawn, Frank and the podium.

Hi Tom. Did you confirm you were going into the pits to comply with the penalty? Also, don't request a pit stop. Just drive in.

penalty.jpg

Thanks guys, I had no idea about the groups, my race was with that track, the track almost won.

I used the med df profile, the high df was like driving with the brakes on all around the track, tried the med df and felt good in that, never tried the low as I was comfortable with the med and I didn't plan enough time prepping.

I could not have finished or have as much fun racing if it was not for this group of racers. Tom Nasella supplied my great paint job, I tweaked the setup from Jon at WG for this race.

As far as the race, Eric was about the same around the track as myself but he had clearly more car control, had fun racing everyone around me. I tried to give the leaders a safe spot to pass me, only a couple times someone caught me in bad areas and had to wait a few turns but all made it past clean.