Thread: Vintage F1 Test Race Johannesburg Aug. 14th Pre-Race Brefing

Default Vintage F1 Test Race Johannesburg Aug. 14th Pre-Race Brefing

Welcome to the test race at Johannesburg 1976 for the upcoming Vintage Formula 1 World Championship.

Please read bellow for Race times, Rules and Race Start procedures.

(Att: All Drivers!)Drivers interested in registering for this series, !PLEASE GO HERE TO PICK A CAR, SEE THE SCHEDULE AND FIND RELEVANT FILES!

All drivers are welcome.
    The test race of the Vintage Formula 1 is Tuesday, August 14, 2018, Qualifying at 8PM CST/9PM EST

Location: Midrand, Johannesburg, South Africa - 2.550 miles / 4.104 km

.................................................. ..............

~ In your TRACK list, the track is:
    " Johannesbuerg/Johannesburg 1976 GP "
    ~ Race length is 45 minutes
    ~ Race Pit Speed 31mph/49kph (pitstop not required)
    ~ Do not use off-course areas to gain an advantage.
    Race Day and Time: Tuesday, August 14th, 2018,
    Server Name: MNRL CMSRACING.COM
    Qualifying at 8PM CST/9PM EST (15 minutes)
    Warmup, 5 minutes,
    ~ Server Settings

FORMATION/STANDING START PROCEDURE
    --------------------
    SINGLE FILE FORMATION LAP START!
    WHEN THE STARTING LIGHTS COUNT DOWN TO GREEN, PROCEED SINGLE FILE AT A PACE SET BY THE POLE MAN.

POLE MAN IS TO PACE THE FIELD AT A MINIMUM/MAXIMUM SPEED OF 50 MPH TO 80MPH/80KPH TO 130KPH (SLOWER AT TIMES FOR SOME CORNERS)

PROCEDURE IN A SAFE MANOR LEAVING A REASONABLE GAP BETWEEN YOU AND THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU.

~BRAKE WARMING IS ALLOWED BUT PLEASE DO SO AS TO NOT CAUSE STACK BRAKING OF THE CARS BEHIND YOU.

~ CAREFUL TIRE WARMING IS ALLOWED.

~IF YOU SPIN OFF THE TRACK DURING THE FORMATION LAP PLEASE REJOIN AT THE BACK OF THE FIELD.

PLEASE BE PREPARED TO SLOW DOWN AT THE END OF THE FORMATION LAP TO ENTER YOUR STARTING BOX MARKED IN RED.

ONCE EVERYONE COMES TO A FULL STOP AND ARE IN THEIR PROPER STARTING POSITIONS THE STARTING LIGHTS WILL COUNT DOWN TO GREEN.

AT THE GREEN LIGHT BEGIN RACING.

~PENALTIES MAY BE ASSESSED FOR ANY UNSAFE MANEUVERS DURING THE FORMATION LAP.

~ORANGE ZONE RULES ARE IN EFFECT FOR THE START OF THE RACE

.................................................. ...................

Race review and penalties:
    The race review team will review the start after each race, as well as review any incidents for which an incident protest was filed, and issue any penalties as appropriate. The results of these reviews will be posted no later than one week before the next event. All drivers are required to read the race review/penalty thread before the upcoming race so that they will be aware if they are required to serve any penalties. Any driver receiving a penalty will also be notified via PM. NOTE: Unless otherwise specified in the driver briefing for an event, the review team typically will only review the start for each event. Therefore if you experience an incident during an event that happens after the Start, you will need to use our Incident Protest Form to file an official protest if you wish to have it reviewed.

!!!PLEASE be familiar with CMS rules and regulations!!!
    Rules and Regulations
    Protests

.................................................. ...................
    Last edited by Joe Miller; 08-14-2018 at 10:46 PM.

Race night!

Drivers, if you haven't been around in a few days, please check the car details and selection thread for this series and download and install the SRS update, and the "skin pack" (just some additional cars in case we end up with more than the original series allows for)....

If you have not selected a specific car, please do so before the race, or if you choose to be the procrastinator amongst us, please be sure you are not duplicating someone else's car tonight.
    There are enough cars for all, there is no reason for duplicate cars to be on track.

Well, AMS is crashing again, but a bit differently this time: The track load bar reached 100%, and I appeared to be at the track (saw the list of other drivers), but then it just stopped. No attempts to notify Microsoft this time, and yes, I did install both the new SRS and the multiskinpack to the AMS root folder.

When I get time I'll try the trace suggestions put up by Gilles and Jason for the Caterhams. That mod did eventually "fix itself" before I got a chance to do this, so now I'll work it through. Or when I get time I'll work it through, but I'm totally burned out on it tonight.

Have fun. :-/
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 08-14-2018 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    Well, AMS is crashing again, but a bit differently this time: The track load bar reached 100%, and I appeared to be at the track (saw the list of other drivers), but then it just stopped. No attempts to notify Microsoft this time, and yes, I did install both the new SRS and the multiskinpack to the AMS root folder.

When I get time I'll try the trace suggestions put up by Gilles and Jason for the Caterhams. That mod did eventually "fix itself" before I got a chance to do this, so now I'll work it through. Or when I get time I'll work it through, but I'm totally burned out on it tonight.

Have fun. :-/
    Keep after it Chris! We had a fun race tonight with a good turnout. I'm pretty sure you would have enjoyed this. Once you sort out the car to your liking.. that is. Hope to see you in the series soon!