Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NARS 2018 Autumn - Test Race 2 - VIR South - Results, Replay and Comments

Well I was doing fine until my PC rebooted. I've ordered a new PSU and fingers crossed this fixes my issue. It had been rebooting randomly the day before but I thought I would be ok for the race. Oh well really hoping this resolves my issue. See you guys for the next race.

I'm not happy to see a fellow sim-racer snake-bit by mechanical/electrical/PC problems the way I often am...but at least I'm not alone either. :-/

Hope you get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Regan View Post
    Well I was doing fine until my PC rebooted. I've ordered a new PSU and fingers crossed this fixes my issue. It had been rebooting randomly the day before but I thought I would be ok for the race. Oh well really hoping this resolves my issue. See you guys for the next race.
    Jeeeez, I hope I didn't start an epidemic!

4. Default

Jimmy,

Just to be sure, you did turn off the restart checkbox in Windows 7/8/8.1/10, right?

System properties > startup and recovery > settings > system failure > automatically restart (uncheck it - it is checked by default)

The power supply could be the problem, but that goofy checkbox will just make things more difficult

In real life... the car often breaks !

My only IRL racing DNF was when I crashed.
    (pics on my page here)

My only DNF in rally was cutting 2 tires on the right side, water had bored under the road and the asphalt had dropped down for 2 feet leaving a sharp edge. Both steel wheels were dented... PUh-PING...

Poop happens !

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Jeeeez, I hope I didn't start an epidemic!
    Nah I've been battling this for a few months and it's just fine to get a better psu.

Only did a handful of practice laps before race night, and couldn't stay on the track. Was tempted to skip it but I got home in time, so why not? Managed some slow laps in warmup and stayed on track, so I happily started at the back of the grid.

First couple of laps I just cruised behind someone to learn the lines, and then started to slowly work my way up when others had mistakes, and eventually started to drop my times, going into the 1:04s, then the 03s, and eventually the 02s. Made some mistakes and locked up when trying to avoid at stopped car at oak tree (but no yellow flag for some reason), got some good damage, and waited a bit to serve a GR. I got going again, car was decently driveable, and continued to go fast. Had rejoined infront of Don B, who was leading, but I managed to keep a gap large enough so I never got a blue flag.

Pitted the same lap as him but completely missed my box, and Don beat me out of the pits. I decided to stay behind him, since we were running nearly identical pace. With time running low, we both made mistakes, and he decided to let me by. Managed to catch up to Don Fryman and grab 6th place, nearly reeling in 5th. Excellent result considering all the lost time between a few off track excursions, a 5 second freeze, and an accident. Ordered a new graphics card so I hopefully wont have anymore freezes.
    ---------------------------
    JT Tami

Champion Racing

2011 NALMS LMP1 Champion - #97 Champion Racing Audi R10 TDI

Didn't realize this was race night and was out...I will make the glen for sure !!!!!
    2012 CMS North American and World Divison P1 Champion

Case-HAF922, Motherboard-ASUS-ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING, Processor-I5-9600K, Ram-32GB GSKILL,DVD Burner-ASUS X 2, Power Supply-Corsair HX850, Wheel-T500-Ferrari F1 Rim, Monitor-LG 42" 4K, Video Card-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver. I am not designed to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. I am designed to win.." Ayrton Senna