Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NARS 2018 Autumn - Fun Race #2 - March 761 & Brabham BT44B @ Rouen-Les-Essart

Default NARS 2018 Autumn - Fun Race #2 - March 761 & Brabham BT44B @ Rouen-Les-Essart

NARS 2018 Autumn Fun Race #2
    March 761 & Brabham BT44B @ Rouen-Les_Essart
    Thursday, August 9th, 2018

Everyone seemed to enjoy these so it was Doug's idea to run them again and this time on a track that they were actually run on.
    We will be doing different things in the future I just have too much going on right now.

Track Download: Rouen-Les-Essart

Cars:
    March
    Brabham

While this is a Fun race and NOT a free-for-all we expect you to abide by all the standard CMS rules and regulations

Event Details:
    Practice: 5:30pm Central Daylight Time (US), 10:30pm GMT - 165 minutes
    Qualify: 8:15pm Central Daylight Time (US), 1:15am GMT - 10 minute Private Qualifying - Unlimited Laps
    Warmup: 8:25pm Central Daylight Time (US), 1:25am GMT - 5 minute drivers briefing
    Race: 8:30pm Central Daylight Time (US), 1:30am GMT - 45 minutes

Local Race Start Time: 3:00pm
    Start type: Manual Rolling (see below)
    Time Acceleration: 1X

Driver Briefings:
    For the server password see THIS post.

Orange Zone Info: (What is an Orange Zone? See rules & regs.)

Orange Zone is through the exit Turn 4.

NOTES:
    1. This events will be run in 100% dry conditions for the entirety of the race.

2. NO MANDATORY PIT STOP.

3. Fuel and Tire usage will be set to 1x.

Start Procedure:
    A: For this race, we will continue to use a modified rolling start. This will include a one-lap, single file rolling formation lap controlled by the driver that won the pole position.

A.1: If a driver other than the Pole sitter advances past other vehicles during the formation lap, they are required to allow all cars in their class pass by them and start the race at the rear of their class.

B: Be advised that as the game places you on the grid the car directly in front of you is NOT the car that you qualified behind. It would be the car ahead and in the opposite lane. As the leader starts rolling you need to allow the car in the row ahead and in the opposite lane to "fall in" behind the car directly ahead to achieve single file in the proper qualifying order.

C: The race starting point will be:
    The race Start shall be the exit of turn 13 onto the Start/Finish line straight.

D: Do not weave back and forth, abruptly speed up or slow down, or jam on the brakes in an attempt to warm your tires or brakes during the formation lap. This could easily cause an accident with another car anyone found doing so may receive a NQ for the next race they attend.

E: If you lose control on the formation lap, you MUST let all cars pass and rejoin at the end.

Pit sharing:
    Be aware that some of the tracks that we use will have less pit stalls than we have drivers. Therefore it is very likely that you are sharing a pit stall with another driver. The best way to deal with this is for you to always pit as far as you can to the inside of the pit stall. This way if the driver your sharing with pits on the same lap as you, there will be room for them to receive pit service as well. If done correctly this works quite well. If you have never done this I recommend you practice this until you feel comfortable with it. Essentially you are splitting the stall in half. If you pull too far to the side the crew will not service you. If you don't pull far enough to the side the crew will not service the driver you are sharing with.

Track boundaries:
    Please stay within the white lines. It's really in all of our interests if you do here.

Optional Downloads:
    TeamSpeak Chat Client Highly recommended to enhance your CMS Racing experience

Rouen-Les-Essarts is now up on the server!

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

2. Default

We will also be going to Rouen later in the NARS P3 series.

This combo

...that is all.

The 74/94 layout should be the one for us to use on the NARS Season, with the Prototypes. It would feel more authentic, with the modifications to make it safer.
    The 50/74 layout is very old school, a challenge, would fit this old Formula 1 cars better.

We went backwards. The old layout for the newer cars, the new layout for the older cars.

Everybody aware of a race tomorrow?!

Apparently not (talking to myself), thanks for the reminder Angelo, almost completely forgot about this one.
    “My goal is to not be bored by what I do”

Itzhak Perlman

Have to maintain a very narrow racing line to get a good lap... must have been scary in real life. Gave me a thrill, and motivated me to check out some history...

F1 did not race there after 1968 (death of Jo Schlessler)

F2 kept it on calendar through 1978.
    Eddie Cheever won 1977, racing for Project Four Racing (Ron Dennis) . . . average pace was 1:48/lap over 38laps. NUTS

Regarding Jo Schlessler...
    1968 French Grand Prix (Rouen) was inaugural race of the air-cooled, magnesium-skinned Honda RA302. Surtess was Honda's driver, but he refused to drive it, preferring to stay with RA301. Schlessler was chosen to drive the RA302. Crashed on lap two. Honda withdrew from Formula 1 at end of season...

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar29 View Post
    Have to maintain a very narrow racing line to get a good lap... must have been scary in real life. Gave me a thrill, and motivated me to check out some history...

F1 did not race there after 1968 (death of Jo Schlessler)

F2 kept it on calendar through 1978.
    Eddie Cheever won 1977, racing for Project Four Racing (Ron Dennis) . . . average pace was 1:48/lap over 38laps. NUTS

Regarding Jo Schlessler...
    1968 French Grand Prix (Rouen) was inaugural race of the air-cooled, magnesium-skinned Honda RA302. Surtess was Honda's driver, but he refused to drive it, preferring to stay with RA301. Schlessler was chosen to drive the RA302. Crashed on lap two. Honda withdrew from Formula 1 at end of season...
    I'm guessing Schlessler crashed heading into (what appears to be) T10? Or perhaps it was T9 at the time?
    I read, "the fast downhill sweeper" was the location of the crash. Can't imagine that being the tight hairpin, but can certainly see how it could happen at T10.

Can't imagine I'd have the gumption to actually plant my foot in the floor, real world side, heading into that area. Absolutely nuts.
    Sort of a plant your foot in the throttle, pray for the best kind of deal. WILD!

Side note: It's my humble opinion that these particular cars are simply some of the best I've ever laid hands on in simracing.
    No doubt about it, I'm flat out addicted to them...and this track, oooohh....little piece of heaven, from my view

Race tonight!!
    I've been out of town attending to family health issues but will make sure server is ready for tonight.

Race tonight!!
    I've been out of town attending to family health issues but will make sure server is ready for tonight.