Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NARS 2018 Autumn - Test Race 2 - VIR South Course - Driver Briefing

1. Default

CP, skin uploading is active. Be sure you have the box checked in your menu to download custom skins and upload just a .dds, not a .mas file.

download-skins.jpg
    Last edited by Doug Atkinson; 07-30-2018 at 10:03 PM.

It's Race day!!

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

3. Default

Hi guys, it's a pleasure to meet you, I had some laps in your server and I 'd like to participate to this race and the league. Unfortunately I just realized that the race will start at 3:30 am here in Italy, a bit too late even if I'm a night creature . Maybe I will be there during the practice just for fun if it's possible. Thx again. Francesco

Before the update I was able to get into the 1:03's but then after the update to the car I could barely break into the 1:05's no matter what I did. I also noticed I couldn't even redline 5th gear on the front straight. I thought this was something to do with the car update or something. Then I noticed on liveracers i was a good 20+kph slower than everybody else. Upon further investigation I went into the controls and stepping on the accelerator only registered about 3/4 of the way and not 100%. Unplugged my pedals and still no good so unplugged again and shut down my PC. Now they register 100%. But now I had to relearn my braking points because I was actually going the correct speed.

What is funny is I had a race last week at Rockingham in the BTCC cars and while in the middle section of the track I was fine but when I got on the front straight everybody left me in the dust. I would catch them in the middle sector again but on the straight I was left behind. So I went back and looked at liveracers and yeah, i was a good 15kph slower than the other racers so I had been having this issue for about a week.

Looking forward to tonight. GLHF!!!

Wont make tonight's test just didn't get enough laps in. I will be ready for round 1 have all ready been testing. But just a question on the options so its clear. Can I run any of the 3 downforce packages listed and can I run any of the 3 tire selections in the series ?

Thanks

JJ, just don't qualify and drive around in the back. No problems because no points. It'll give you some valid seat time in the Norma.

Yes, all options are available.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Addison View Post
    Wont make tonight's test just didn't get enough laps in. I will be ready for round 1 have all ready been testing. But just a question on the options so its clear. Can I run any of the 3 downforce packages listed and can I run any of the 3 tire selections in the series ?

Thanks
    Last edited by Doug Atkinson; 08-02-2018 at 05:36 PM.

6. Default

A reminder we're asking everyone to be on Teamspeak until after the driver meeting in warm-up.

Drivers meeting will be in Teamspeak. Then anyone who wants to drop off is welcome to.

Comms quiet during qualifying until everyone is off the track.

Pro and Am classes will be determined after the race tonight.

7. Default

Our goal is 20+ cars for every NARS Autumn event! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Regan View Post
    Before the update I was able to get into the 1:03's but then after the update to the car I could barely break into the 1:05's no matter what I did. I also noticed I couldn't even redline 5th gear on the front straight. I thought this was something to do with the car update or something. Then I noticed on liveracers i was a good 20+kph slower than everybody else. Upon further investigation I went into the controls and stepping on the accelerator only registered about 3/4 of the way and not 100%. Unplugged my pedals and still no good so unplugged again and shut down my PC. Now they register 100%. But now I had to relearn my braking points because I was actually going the correct speed.

What is funny is I had a race last week at Rockingham in the BTCC cars and while in the middle section of the track I was fine but when I got on the front straight everybody left me in the dust. I would catch them in the middle sector again but on the straight I was left behind. So I went back and looked at liveracers and yeah, i was a good 15kph slower than the other racers so I had been having this issue for about a week.

Looking forward to tonight. GLHF!!!
    Had the same issue last month with my old throttle, so I swapped in a new one from one of my two G27 pedal sets (they are individual units, all three and transport or configure pretty easily, IMO). Hope you solved it--it's a total drag (ewww....sorry!)...to be dragging around an anchor compared to your peers. I definitely sympathize.

Nope, not going to run. Was going good in practice nights - though slow. Tonight was on ice and nothing was working for me. Don't need to ruin someone else's race while I try skating. I'll be back for the next one, hopefully with better luck. Have a good time!
    Cheers, Matthew
    CMS Racing #174