Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One more Ride for Jerry, Russ, and our CMS lost Friends - CMS Endurance at Spa!

Default One more Ride for Jerry, Russ, and our CMS lost Friends - CMS Endurance at Spa!

I wanted to let you all know that you can watch, root, and follow the CMS Endurance Racing team tomorrow, all day and into the night as we will be competing in the iRacing 24 Hours of Spa. What's special about this particular race is that we will be driving a special paint scheme that honors recently lost members of the CMS community Russ Standage and Jerry McComas. Additionally the thoughts of all of our lost friends from CMS over the years will be on our minds as we race. We have some pictures of the paint scheme on discord and we will be providing updates and progresss reports on the CMS Endurance Discord Channel as well. Stop by, check on us, think about the memorial of our friends and root us on. Rather we finish 1 lap or all of them it's one more ride for Jerry, Russ and all the others over the years.

Livery Picture

Special thanks to Paul Hamilton for the idea and the paint scheme for the team.

CMS Endurance Team 24 Hours of Spa Roster
    -----
    Drew Lidkea
    Paul Hamilton
    Matthew Overton
    Liam Park
    Peter Hebron
    Jason Lundy
    David Anderson

Rest in Peace Guys! You're missed.
    Last edited by davidan; 07-20-2018 at 12:54 PM.

my personal motorsports blog

hopefully some of the team can also provide some updates in this thread as well as time allows on our day.

Do 'em proud gentlemen......
    blue skies, jerry

------------------
    Pass carefully - Driver chews tobacco

After gaining 3 spots in the first few laps, we spun and got clobbered in spectacular fashion by another car.

Car is repaired, though we've lost top end aero. Back on track turning laps and in 57/59, ~36 laps down.

After another incident and 25 minute pit stop we're on track and gaining position.

Despite a car that may as well not have 6th gear, we're actually still faster than a few teams.

Russ and Jerry would definitely be proud of the fight here guys!!!! Great job. Keep gaining!

As of 20 minutes ago, we were 50th overall, 52 laps down. But we ran 3 clean stints in a row and actually passed a few people, even with the boat anchor slowing down on the straights. There were a few teams ahead of us that checked out, too.

We are up to 47th. Jason is in the car and I am on deck to take over the transition from day to night. Lets get this thing in the top 30 by race end! That would be a hell of a drive ...

By the way we are in iRacing session We are in session 23858185 if anyone wants to watch. That is split 7 of 10 and you can join as a spectator to join us and watch and root the team on. We are also all on discord throughout the event if anyone cares to join and chat with the team or help spot, etc. If you aren't doing anything tonight come and help out -- we'd love to have you! -- go CMS!

Watch live video from davidantx on www.twitch.tv

Race Stream now live for the CMS Endurance Team at SPA! One more Ride for Jerry and Russ! Follow along on Twitch tonight and into tomorrow morning.