Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NARS 2018 Autumn - Test Race 1 - Lime Rock - Results, Replay, and Comments

Was a pretty bad race for me and I'm sorry to everyone who I hit. My setup was not the same this time of the day so I was screwed from the first lap. Perhaps in the future if we have races at night or dusk, we ca set the server to the same time so the set ups will be usable in the race.. Congrats to Shawn for the win. I will be better in VIR, I promise and I'm pretty sure Norm will be as well
    2012 CMS North American and World Divison P1 Champion

Case-HAF922, Motherboard-ASUS-ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING, Processor-I5-9600K, Ram-32GB GSKILL,DVD Burner-ASUS X 2, Power Supply-Corsair HX850, Wheel-T500-Ferrari F1 Rim, Monitor-LG 42" 4K, Video Card-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver. I am not designed to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. I am designed to win.." Ayrton Senna

My apologies to John, I had no control going thru the grass. You did a great recovery and I ended my race. I too have RF2 graphics issues with the DX11, driving the first 4 or 5 laps with 25-40 fps is terrifying. It cleared up as soon as we all spread out then when the shadows got long it started lowering my fps again.
    I will test the settings as was put up here in this thread, the suggestions on Steam and at 397 are not cutting it.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    Guys, we really need to get the paintings thing right, with clear rules. Some cars that the server downloaded yesterday overwrote the default cars from the game. I lost 2 default cars I think, cant see them anymore. This is not nice.
    Plus it took a very, very very long time to download all skins from the server. With 15 minutes to go to end the race my game was still downloading skins from people. Jon Uyan´s skin never came, it keeps flashing red on the status. So would be nice if someone can have a look at that.
    Further problems with the skin process, at least for me.
    On the server I was seeing the cars just fine. Really pissed me of that some of them overwrote defaut cars, that I cant choose anymore.
    I tried and I lost 2 cars.
    Now seeing the replay of the race...the cars that overwrote the default ones, are not showing their proper paintings. All of them appears as default cars, the ones I lost in the first place.
    And to get worse, when I get out of the replay and try to pick a default car that was overwriten, no...I can only see the skins that caused the issue.
    So...I lost 2 default cars because of the skins, and the skins that caused trouble not even show in the replay of the race.
    Way too messy.

I wonder if we can switch off the skin transfer on the server, and work with a carset, with deadline and all the stuff.
    Because this way is not really working.

4. Default

Really pissed me of that some of them overwrote defaut cars, that I cant choose anymore.
    I tried and I lost 2 cars.
    Angelo, please double check that you clicked on the left right arrows. That should show you the car skins. AFAIK, adding a new skin appends, but it sure shouldn't overwrite any "base" car skin.

lost-skins.jpg

Now seeing the replay of the race...the cars that overwrote the default ones, are not showing their proper paintings. All of them appears as default cars, the ones I lost in the first place. And to get worse, when I get out of the replay and try to pick a default car that was overwriten, no...I can only see the skins that caused the issue.
    So...I lost 2 default cars because of the skins, and the skins that caused trouble not even show in the replay of the race.
    Way too messy.
    Yep. A complaint I've had on rF2 since forever. Replays do not hold any custom skin reference. Once you run a replay after you're off the server, the skin link detaches, unless you still have the archived skins.

I wonder if we can switch off the skin transfer on the server, and work with a carset, with deadline and all the stuff.
    Because this way is not really working.
    I'd love to. That is the solution (although not an elegant one). Two potential problems -- will drivers agree to it and does the payware in rF2 support it? I'll check with S397.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Atkinson View Post
    Angelo, please double check that you clicked on the left right arrows. That should show you the car skins. AFAIK, adding a new skin appends, but it sure shouldn't overwrite any "base" car skin.
    Yeah, I checked that. Even clicking on the arrows, the defaut car doesnt appear. Only the skins. And I only can go to the track with those skins. Cant select the original car at all.
    If this happened only to me, I have no idea why.
    Some skins work alright, they didnt took over anything (the ones from Joe Miller and Jason Whited, for instance, works fine in line with the #8 default car. Clicking on the arrows I can see their skins and the default car).
    But others took over the default ones on my installation, in a way I can only see them, and cant revert back the original car.
    Last edited by AngeloRacer; 07-21-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Yeah, I checked that. Even clicking on the arrows, the defaut car doesnt appear. Only the skins. And I only can go to the track with those skins. Cant select the original car at all.
    If this happened only to me, I have no idea why.
    Some skins work alright, they didnt took over anything (the ones from Joe Miller and Jason Whited, for instance, works fine in line with the #8 default car. Clicking on the arrows I can see their skins and the default car).
    But others took over the default ones on my installation, in a way I can only see them, and cant revert back the original car.
    What car numbers are you having the problem with? I'll check to see if I have the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Miller View Post
    What car numbers are you having the problem with? I'll check to see if I have the same issue.
    Already deleted the whole thing Joe, hoping for better procedures under Doug´s new guidelines.

The Race Review has been posted for Lime Rock.

Because it was a test race the review is non-bind but rather an exercise to make driver aware of what the review committee will be looking at in the points races coming up.

Also after reading the many comments you posted we have made several changes to our schedule and server setting to hopefully make a better race experience for everyone.
    Be sure to read the series Master Post and also the drivers briefing before each race.

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!