Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NARS 2018 Autumn - Test Race 1 - Lime Rock - Results, Replay, and Comments

Default NARS 2018 Autumn - Test Race 1 - Lime Rock - Results, Replay, and Comments

Last edited by Don Fryman; 07-26-2018 at 10:08 PM.

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

WOW that was like a Bull ring

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

3. Default

There was some serious attrition out there.

I was following Angelo for the first 20 laps or so and all of a sudden he just takes off coming down the hill into the last corner! I mean he starts flying through the air He must have hit someone's rear wing or front clip because it just launched him. No time to react either because it was just over the crest of the hill. I let off the throttle and hit the same piece of debris but luckily it didn't send me into the grass.

Wild one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Fryman View Post
    WOW that was like a Bull ring
    Man you got that right.........I'll be picking up body parts all night!

1st thou while fresh in my pee brain....The Good......
    Great turn out
    My rig and new vid card worked great
    The race night time format works really well for me. We were out by 10:40 pm ET.
    And I held on to P10!

The Bad......
    Oh my the driving needs some cleaning up. I know it was a tight track. But that was rough. When Im being lapped and I slow and pull off line why would you slam into me??
    And I could have had a good fight for P10 in the last 30 min. But P11 just kept rear ending me. Have not looked at replay and wont just test race but my car was beat up and steering was a mess you could had gotten by.... by just OVERTAKING ME!

The Chicane was tough for sure and blue flags were tough I did my best to get out of the way. Other than that the 1st 30 min were good climbed up to P12 before all the banging started after that the steering was compromised but I really wanted that P10. And most of all wanted to finish the race.

Should be a good series hope the field stays.

Dang it. Couldn't get home in time. Looks like a great turnout. Hope we can get numbers like that all season. Sorry I missed it.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Beck View Post
    Dang it. Couldn't get home in time. Looks like a great turnout. Hope we can get numbers like that all season. Sorry I missed it.
    Sorry some of you guys missed it! Our goal is 20 entries taking the green flag for every race in the series, and we had exactly that tonight. Hope everyone can make it for VIR in a few weeks!

6. Default

Congratulations to tonight's podium!

Shawn Campbell

Don Baumbach

Colin Moore

----------

Join us for the second and final test race at VIR on Thursday, August 2nd.

Test Race 2: VIRginia Raceway
    Layout: South Course
    Thursday, August 2
    Race Length: 60 minutes
    On-track starting time: 5 pm

Sorry everyone, I had a lot of problems tonight and was mostly in the way.

I had my steering lock change 4 or 5 times during the race. I have the FFB button mapped, which would fix it, but it kept coming back. Miscommunication at the start lead to some damage, and I ended up having small screen freezes every lap, something Ive never experienced before. Network was fine, but the problem persisted. I ended up pitting, pulling the internet to force a disco, and changed to lower settings. Sadly, server rejoin was off, so I was unable to rejoin the race.

Glad its behind! Congrats to Shawn for a great win!
    ---------------------------
    JT Tami

Champion Racing

2011 NALMS LMP1 Champion - #97 Champion Racing Audi R10 TDI

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JTninja View Post
    Sorry everyone, I had a lot of problems tonight and was mostly in the way.

I had my steering lock change 4 or 5 times during the race. I have the FFB button mapped, which would fix it, but it kept coming back. Miscommunication at the start lead to some damage, and I ended up having small screen freezes every lap, something Ive never experienced before. Network was fine, but the problem persisted. I ended up pitting, pulling the internet to force a disco, and changed to lower settings. Sadly, server rejoin was off, so I was unable to rejoin the race.

Glad its behind! Congrats to Shawn for a great win!
    Sorry JT. My goof-up that the server Rejoin was off. It will be correct for the next event at VIR on Thursday, August 2nd.

Sorry I had to bail out right away after race ended. Wife was literally waiting at the door to go out.

I wasn't prepared for this race and it showed. Had 3-4 offs and second one was with a pretty good hit on tire wall forced me to pit early. Which meant I had to stop again towards the end.

It was a rough track for this car without TC, and chicane layout did not help. Hope some drivers did not get discouraged with this one, saw a lot of drivers struggling.
    VIR should be a lot better test. A suggestion and a questionto admins:
    If time accel is going to be 1x better choose midday race time. If Dusk or dawn considered time accel should be 10x or higher. I think quite a lot of drivers suffered from low fps and/or micro stutters.

And do we have to have TS on during race?. There is too much chatter to my liking and I can't concentrate, I would like to turn mic and sound off after race briefing.
    Last edited by Jon Uyan; 07-20-2018 at 03:01 AM.
    __The view is great from moral high ground__