Likes Likes:  0

Thread: video resolution Issue

Default video resolution Issue

Been laying low last few weeks trying to figure out an issue with my rig. Finally followed it to the video card so I just installed a nice Radeon RX 580 all works well but I was and need to run 1776 X 1000 for all to fit on the 55 inch screen I have but I can only set the resolution to 1920 X 1080 which is too big for the screen. The next available res is in the 900s and thats too small.

How do I get it back to the 1776 X 1000 ??

A couple of questions.

Where did the 1776x1000 resolution come from? That's not a standard resolution. Within the video card's control panel (sorry, not familiar with AMD's settings), you should be able to create custom resolutions and frequencies for odd-ball displays.

I'm assuming it's a 55" HD television, in which case the resolution should be 1920x1080 but the image is being displayed larger and needs to be manually adjusted within the television's advanced settings, where you can zoom in/out and move the screen image around till it fits the signal that's coming into the television.

And of course, I could totally be missing something here!
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

Quote Originally Posted by TimCollier View Post
    A couple of questions.

Where did the 1776x1000 resolution come from? That's not a standard resolution. Within the video card's control panel (sorry, not familiar with AMD's settings), you should be able to create custom resolutions and frequencies for odd-ball displays.

I'm assuming it's a 55" HD television, in which case the resolution should be 1920x1080 but the image is being displayed larger and needs to be manually adjusted within the television's advanced settings, where you can zoom in/out and move the screen image around till it fits the signal that's coming into the television.

And of course, I could totally be missing something here!
    Problem solve...ed....As Inspector Clouseau would say. It was very odd. I use a 55 in. DLP for several years now. And always ran 1920 X 1080. One day a while back maybe a year ago I turned my rig on and the screen was too big. So I clicked into the resolution settings and it was still 1920 x 1080 but so I saw 1776 X 1000 and tried that and all was fine. Never thought mush about it.

So after putting in the RX508 which BTW with the 8GB is a whole new racing experience..wow. But yeh after I put that in it went to the 1920 and the screen was just a tad too big in all the sims as well as the desktop. The TV itself used to have a place to set the screen size along with format but hell if I could find it. Its like gone not even the PC tab in TV settings is there anymore??

But any how spent last 2 nights researching and looking everywhere with no luck until this morning. Looking thru the Radeon software settings for the 100th time low and behold I found where you can not only adjust the screen size manually but the have a place where you can edit the resolution to any custom setting you want which I thought was cool. So I left it at the 1920 X 1080 and just brought the screen into size and all is awesome.

Moral of the story.....slow down and read!

I picked up a 19 in. TV so I can have Teamspeak or maybe some in race telemetry displayed on it while I'm racing on the main screen. But I cant seem to get the 2 monitors set correctly. Resolution on both is fine. I use win 7 ultimate I think it is. When I set the main monitor to "extend" it just brings all the stuff from 1 over to the 2nd. If I set both to clone that just makes both show the same thing. i just want to pull the TS short cut or another shortcut over to the small #2 screen and bring it up on that #2 screen only. I used to do this years ago but cant figure it out now.

Any help appreciated