Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opala '86, Curitiba (Round 6) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Default Opala '86, Curitiba (Round 6) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Last edited by Joe Miller; 07-25-2018 at 09:53 PM.

Hi all.
    Why didn't I score?
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by MNBASTOS View Post
    Hi all.
    Why didn't I score?
    Regards
    Not sure. I see your score from only tonight, but I remember you raced other races in this series.
    We'll get it sorted and your score corrected soon.

Congratulations to Eduardo for both race wins.
    Congratulations to Aaron for the senior´s crown. Nicely done.
    As for the overall championship, Brette and Jason...1 point? wow! Today´s race was nerve wrecking I assume!
    Congrats to both of you, specially Brette for the Champ.

As for today, I dont think I was properly focused. Rough day(s). Lead to some mistakes.
    I decided to race anyway as I was relatively all right. Glad I did!
    Some spectacular battles, both races. I enjoyed.
    This car is just great.
    I hope we can give the 1980´s some love aswell. Less power, less grip, just as fun!

Cheers.

Note: Im sorry about the formation lap of Race 1. After that big downhill braking, I switched off the engine by mistake and held the field quite badly, even trying to go off the racing line. I hope didnt took anyone off guard.
    Last edited by AngeloRacer; 07-04-2018 at 12:27 AM.

There are 2 lines.... MARCELO BASTOS and Marcelo Bastos.

There are 2 lines.... MARCELO BASTOS and Marcelo Bastos.
    Ah. I see what the issue is now. I missed the fact there was a second you there...lol
    We'll get it fixed today when we have a chance.

Congrats to Eduardo for taking both races in one night -- I haven't yet watched the replays but that must have been a difficult feat, considering the abilities of those who race in the top half of the field. And congrats to Brette for the championship win (I also have to thank Brette for a setup I used at every race since Velopark, which, along with my finally resetting my wheel settings, allowed me to be competitive).

This mod is an absolute hoot; little time to blink, barely time to get a sip of your drink. Once again, I had a blast racing with Ronnie, Peter, and Jerry. But the entire season has been fun racing everyone in the back half of the pack, so I expected no less last night. My takeaway is that Jerry is just damned hard to pass! Not that I didn't TRY --grin.

Thanks Jason, Joe, and all who put in so much time to put these series together. I hope sometime in the future we'll run a car that folks find as much fun to drive as the Opalas.

Hi all.
    Why didn't I score?
    Regards
    Fixed.
    Please leave your name in its current form. I have to manually edit the xml if you change.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron page View Post
    I hope sometime in the future we'll run a car that folks find as much fun to drive as the Opalas.
    Oh, I don't think it'll be long at all.

Well, that was a disaster!

Barely practice for this one. I did a good qualy time but the Opala has a slower gear change timing than the F1s and with the G29, I'm running manual clutch... I now have a pedal for it... but I'm missing shifts like crazy, about one a lap. When that happens, I go off and spin in the grass or crash into some wall.

1st race, I put 4.8 gl. of fuel in place of 8.4 so to rally the end, I parked it in the pits. Sorry if I hindered anyone.
    2nd race, with the right fuel quantity, it looked good as I could keep up with the front pack but I miss shifted somewhere and spun around off track. After a few other, I just stopped racing. When I saw Aaron I knew he was going for points so I did not try much.

There's a heat wave in Quebec, it's over 90F in my place, 100F outside. I couldn't practice, just sitting in the chair and I was wiping the sweat off of my face. Not fun. It's supposed to cool down during the weekend.

My main activity these days...