Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russ Standage

Default Russ Standage

I'm sad to announce that longtime CMS member and racer Russ Standage passed away on July 1st.

Russ got me into sim racing about 10 years ago. In 2009 I came across CMS, and Russ and I joined up immediately and started running the Fun Series, Historics Series, then onto NALMS/NARS. Russ formed the Terrapin Racing team here at CMS with myself, Phil Elmore, Tom Cavanaugh, and, later, Dwayne Jans.

Outside of CMS, Russ and I traveled many miles together working the grid at racetracks across Nebraska, Kansas, and Missouri for NASA, PCA, and many other organizations.

Russ hadn't participated at CMS in the past couple of years due to health issues and other interests, but CMS always held a special place in his heart, and he cherished the real-life friendships with Phil, David, and several others, that grew out of this community.

I'm going to miss you, buddy.

Russ Standage Obituary and Service Information
    Eric Elliott
    Terrapin Racing #224

The Terrapins were giants in the PC class and it was an honor to race against them. That was a golden era for CMS and Russ was a big part of it.

I'm so sorry Eric, my best to his friends and family.

Another CMS long-standing member...it's been a tough year.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

Sorry to hear...
    2012 CMS North American and World Divison P1 Champion

Case-HAF922, Motherboard-ASUS SABERTOOTH X58, Ram-12GB GSKILL, Processor-I7-950, DVD Burner-ASUS X 2, Power Supply-Corsair HX850, Wheel-T500-Ferrari F1 Rim, Monitor-LG 24" HD 1920 X 1200, Video Card-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver. I am not designed to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. I am designed to win.." Ayrton Senna

Oh no!! Not another CMS member
    Remember Russ and the Terrapin team from way back.

Rest in peace Russ!!

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

I also remember racing with Russ. Sad news indeed.

-See You On Track!

So terribly sorry for the loss of Russ. I knew he was sick based on some recent communication. Simply put Russ was one of the good guys and he will be missed by many I am sure -- including those of us here at CMS that knew him. Thanks for the update Eric.

my personal motorsports blog

I didn't know Russ, but sorry to hear the news.

Rest in peace Russ
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

I've included a memorial to Russ and Jerry McComas on our car for the upcoming Spa 24. They both deserve one more ride.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77 View Post
    I've included a memorial to Russ and Jerry McComas on our car for the upcoming Spa 24. They both deserve one more ride.
    Very cool and a great tribute

my personal motorsports blog