Likes Likes:  0
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: NARS 2018 Autumn - Discussion

1. Default

Don't go nuts Jason.

It is in the launcher.config file and the line of text is "Disable Workshop Auto-Subscribe:False"

My experience is, it will work once, then next time you update it cranks the 80 odd installed rfcmps of everything from karts to ancient car and track builds. Of course, if someone wants to try it as the official laboratory rodent, please go ahead. Worst that could happen is you'd have to download GBs and GBs of files you'll never need.

Worse, the content is in there twice, not once. Yes, it is. But we'll save that for another rant at another time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    There's a setting somewhere, something about turning off auto subscriptions.
    I know I've seen it in the past. Now I can't seem to remember where, and it's driving me nuts!

I don't think it applies to S397 or ISI content, I think that still gets auto downloaded/updated. But I thought I read something about turning off auto updates to that stuff.
    Apparently, I was wrong...

.....*prays this doesn't happen to my install

@Jason,
    Are you talking about the Updates tab in the rFactor2 properties in Steam?

3. Default

Some important new updates to the series announcement thread

http://cmsracing.com/champion/forums...56/#post248564

I am working on loading the server now and will have it available this evening.

Too bad.
    I was actually curious to see how it would work out a race with the P3s at the amazing Barbagallo australian track.

As for Watkins Glen, I have no idea why, but this rF2 version is the ugliest and the more bad looking of all Sims I had the oportunity to try. Terrible textures, very amateur. Even the converted version to AMS that came from rF1 looks a thousand times better.

At least for the FPS it seems problem free.
    Last edited by AngeloRacer; 08-04-2018 at 01:08 AM.

Found it Jason,

Don't know if it's implemented as mine is set True.

In \rFactor 2\UserData\Launcher.config
    Last field is: Disable Workshop Auto-Subscribe:True
    I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 16gigs of 1866 HyperX FURY on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running a used GTX970 4GD5T OC on an new AOC Q2963 21:9 screen... I'm doing way better! I even got myself a barely used G29! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Lalonde View Post
    Found it Jason,

Don't know if it's implemented as mine is set True.

In \rFactor 2\UserData\Launcher.config
    Last field is: Disable Workshop Auto-Subscribe:True
    Am I to understand that I'm better off with that line saying TRUE? I certainly don't need any problems that would probably confuse the hell out of me AND I try to keep my content to a minimum.

Yup Tom,

The backward logic of the setting is True to Disable Auto-Subscribe.

Good support at S397, step by step, I got rF2 to clean up, mostly by itself. Unsubbing from all content, manually removing the leftovers, resubbing to the needed track and each car of the Endurance Pack... I was able to logon the server and get into Neils' Pink Norma.

I'm good!
    I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 16gigs of 1866 HyperX FURY on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running a used GTX970 4GD5T OC on an new AOC Q2963 21:9 screen... I'm doing way better! I even got myself a barely used G29! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

8. Default

but keep in mind....
    http://cmsracing.com/champion/forums...tml#post248562

you might be setting yourself up for a download derby

9. Posting Permissions