Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Assetto Corsa GT Legends. Legal?

Default Assetto Corsa GT Legends. Legal?

Posting also here on the Sim´s session, since this can interest people beyond the Historics session.
    Maybe a fun series or other stuff!

I really dont know if this Mod is legal, or not.
    I know that there are public links all over the YouTube, also on Facebook, for anyone who wants to get it.
    Temptation was way too big, and I got it.
    The Mod is absolutely OUTSTANDING! Can only say that.

Cars:

1975 BMW CSL 3.5 IMSA
    1967 Chevrolet Corvette DX Sunray
    1969 Chevrolet Corvette
    1972 De Tomaso Pantera
    1973 Ferrari 365GTB Daytona
    1974 Ford Capri RS3100
    1970 Nissan Skyline GTR
    1966 Porsche 906
    1974 Porsche 911 RSR
    1965 Shelby Daytona Coupe

I asked about this mod here when it was first released and unfortunately it was a no go. It is quite fun though, and they also have a prototype mod and a Trans-Am mod available, too.

Prototypes:
    Chaparral 2e
    Ferrari 312PB
    Ferrari 330p4
    Ferrari 512s
    Ford GT40 Mk4
    Lola t70 Mk3
    Lola t280
    Lola t290
    McLaren m1b
    McLaren m8c
    Porsche 917k

Trans Am:
    Chevy Camaro '68, '69, '70
    Dodge Challenger
    Plymouth Barracuda
    Mercury Cougar
    Pontiac Firebird
    AMC Javelin
    Ford Mustang
    Ford Mustang Boss

If this is a rip of GT Legends or Power and Glory I would say definitely not approved, legal would be my guess

my personal motorsports blog

Are there no credentials as to who made this mod and did they include any info about how they made the mod?

If not (if the authors are not openly listed) then most likely cars are a rip from other mods/games.
    “My goal is to not be bored by what I do”

Itzhak Perlman

That would be a truly shame, as this Mod in particular is perfect for league racing.

Anyway, about documentation. There is a PDF file that comes with the Mod, explaining the caracteristics of each car.
    As for the credits, it goes like this:

Credits to:
    - SmallBlock Hero (models)
    - dr. Doomslab (rescaling models)
    - Jari Leppänen (rescaling models)
    - Goran Martensson (rescaling models)
    - Ned (skins)
    - F1 Classic forum
    - RD forum (ks RSR skins)
    - Tweakers.net forum for testing and the great online duels
    - Youtube Channels: Michael from ‘SingleRacer’, Alex from ‘The Extra Mile’ and ‘Random Callsign’ for their contagious passion about (historic) simracing

Admins can feel free to delete my thread if Im doing something wrong and advertising an ilegal act.

From what I heard is that the models are taken from different games, but the physics have had actual effort put into them and are not a copy/paste job with small changes.

With the amount of cars in these packs I can understand that the models are ripped, since one car can take months even if a professional 3D guy works on it full time.
    So a bit of a mixed feeling on these packs.
    My steam! Watch races live @ twitch

@Angelo, nothing illegal talking about legality of a mod. The info you have posted and the discussion it generates is for the good of simracing community.Of which highlights the importance of honoring the original author(s) who put in endless hours into creating models and mods.

If the credentials does not mention any permissions and the person who realeased this mod can not be contacted for addl info than we can say it is illegal to use it. Even if there can't be no legal claims by original authors, a mod like this will be ill-recieved here.

But that is my opinion. Normally I would ask the series admin who wants to bring the mod to verify it's origin.

Thanks Jon.
    I opened the discussion on the Historic session aswell, and Jason confirmed that the Mod isnt legit.

Will paste my answer.

"Ah, ok Jason. Thanks for the info.
    That sucks...damn.

I´ve got the mod and even ill as Im, coudnt resist do a quick race with each car in the last few days and Im in love. Very well balanced performances.
    Race it online would be fantastic with good drivers.

But well...it is what it is.
    Im a tiny bit surprised that is such ilegal, because I saw it in a YT channel first, and the guy there usually doesnt support piracy or such things. That´s why I had hope.

Sorry everyone. I had to ask about it."