Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CMS Coffee Cup and Offline Season 1 - Porsche Cup Series Information and Sign-up!

Thumbs up CMS Coffee Cup and Offline Season 1 - Porsche Cup Series Information and Sign-up!

If you intend to race in these please reply to this thread so I can have a general idea of who to expect ...

Hello Everyone,

I am very excited to announce Season 1 of the CMS "Coffee Cup" and "Offline" league hosted by CMS on the iRacing.com platform. Everyone here at CMS is eligible to participate and it's going to be really fun, casual and easy to participate. Here are the details

The idea is that this series will cater to folks that either find it convenient to race early in the morning before the busy weekend starts (Saturday USA times). and/or the racer that finds their schedule is unpredictable and they need to be able to race with ultimate flexibility even if it's spur of the moment. Also these races will be Sprints, 30 minutes or less, of actual racing time ... so quick in and out for some fun!

This series will offer an opportunity for these drivers to get some credit for a league type format here at CMS.

Ok, let's race!
    Here is what you need to know and how to participate.

1. You need to be a member here at CMS which you are if you are reading this.

2. Most if not all regular communication on this series will happen on the CMS Discord Server. If you haven't joined it already do so here: https://discord.gg/WgMH4QZ

3. You need an iRacing.com subscription and you'll need to own the appropriate content

4. You have two options of racing. The first is to join the group at 8:45 AM Central time USA Chicago on Saturday mornings in the Coffee Cup Discord Voice Chat area. We will all join the iRacing event and race. At the end of the event, we will all get unique credit for our points tracked here at CMS. //////// Option 2 if you can't join on Saturdays, well no problem ... simply join the applicable iRacing Series we have selected anytime during the week that the iRacing event is looping. run your race, and let us know here on discord or in the forums at CMS. Simply post a link to your results and I will make sure you get added to the points --- easy right?

Ok More Specifics
    -----
    -Car = Porsche 991 GT3 Cup Car on iRacing
    -Series = http://members.iracing.com/membersit...do?season=2136
    -Schedule - 9 Weeks (best 6 count, you get 3 drops) Running from 7/3/2018 - 9/2/2018
    -When to Join - the official run group together is Saturday mornings at 8:45 AM CST Chicago Time), this is the -iRacing 13:45 GMT Session -- again if you can't make this session simply run any session and post your results
    -Points - we will do a simple transfer of your iRacing earned points for each race to a CMS points table. Drivers with iRating over 1900 at the time of your first scored race will earn points in the Pro class. Drivers below 1900 iRating will be in the AM class. Your best 6 of 9 races count towards the Championship

Prizes
    -----
    I am going to offer the winner of the AM and Pro classes for this their choice of either a $20 dollar Starbucks Giftcard (e-gift) or iRacing Credit of $20.00. We will need a minimum of 5 drivers in each class for the prizes to be paid out.

Friends
    -----
    Please tell your friends about this series. It's really easy for them to get involved. All they need to do is register here at CMS and become a forum and discord member. Then simply race and they can be included in our series.

last but not least, this series is in it's infancy. It may only have a few drivers to start, but hopefully with some patience and spreading the word we can see it grow. The idea here is to be really loose and fun, low key , no pressure and provide racing for some folks that have a hard time finding it during the traditional time slots.

Euro Happy Hour
    -----
    I am in Euro and it's past cofeee time and time for a frosty beverage can I race? YES! If you are in the Euro time zone by all means join us on discord when it's morning for us here in the USA. Replace your cofee with your beverage of choice and join us. you are all welcome.

Last but not least the schedule in detail
    -----

Round 1 Mosport - (18 laps) Opens 7/3 - coffee cup session @ 7/7/2018 8:45 am CST
    Round 2 Brands Hatch Indy (37 laps) Opens 7/10 - coffee cup session @ 7/14/2018 8:45 am CST
    Round 3 Laguna Seca (20 laps) Opens 7/17 - coffee cup session @ 7/21/2018 8:45 am CST
    Round 4 Barber Motorports (18 laps) Opens 7/24 - coffee cup session @ 7/28/2018 8:45 am CST
    Round 5 Zandvoort (17 laps) Opens 7/31 - coffee cup session @ 8/4/2018 8:45 am CST
    Round 6 Circuit of Americas West (19 laps) Opens 8/7 - coffee cup session @ 8/11/2018 8:45 am cst
    Round 7 Road America (11 laps) Opens 8/14 - coffee cup session @ 8/18/2018 8:45 am cst
    Round 8 Mid Ohio Chicane (20 laps) Opens 8/21 - coffee cup session @ 8/25/2018 8:45 am cst
    Round 9 Canada Montreal (17 laps) Opens 8/28 - coffee cup session @ 9/1/2018 8:45 am cst

best 6 count, of 9

let me know if there are any questions and let's get this party started!
    Last edited by davidan; 06-30-2018 at 06:47 PM.

my personal motorsports blog

Last edited by davidan; 07-10-2018 at 10:59 AM.

reserved ,,

I"ll be around as much as I can! Thanks for doing this David.
    2016 Season 2 CMS iRacing AM Champion
    2018 Inaugural CMS/TXL Lone Star Sports Car Series Champion

Anybody have one of those discount coupons for Iracing, maybe that give me that prod that I need to join in the fun............

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Fryman View Post
    Anybody have one of those discount coupons for Iracing, maybe that give me that prod that I need to join in the fun............
    Don and everyone for that matter. It's 60% off (or more) right now if you buy it in the Steam Summer Sale! Additionally if you don't want to go through Steam it's 40% off for new memberships on iRacing.com as well. https://www.iracing.com/

DA

well if I read this right a race starts in 45 ....lol. Im always up early so I will join in as much as possible

Life's journey is not about showing up to the grave in a well preserved body, But to come in sideways totally used up Shouting WOO HOO what a F*&^ing ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dargert View Post
    well if I read this right a race starts in 45 ....lol. Im always up early so I will join in as much as possible
    Yes they start at 845 am CST, which is 645 PST. But this weekend is not the first race for our points. There is one running in iRacong (Phillip Island), you can do for fun and practice, but we will start tracking points next week for CMS when it goes to Mosport.

Also the races are really short like 30 minutes or less -- so great to hear you can try to join us Jay, it will be a good time.

DA
    Last edited by davidan; 06-30-2018 at 09:11 AM.

60% off eh? Now that's quite interesting. Anyone know when the Steam Summer Sale ends?

One question: Assuming I do buy in (and buy the tracks and car too), there won't be any minimum competency to run at CMS in this league? I know iRacing has different grades* of licensing based on skill and "cleanliness" (so to speak), and since it takes some races to climb up the ladder that might be a stumbling block in itself, at least trying to get started here at CMS....

[* this is the so-called "iRating," isn't it?]
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 06-30-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Steam sale ends on July 4 or 5 I think. Also, you will need a D Class 4.0 or higher license to run in this series, which is a very low level license, one step above Rookie. The reason you need that D level 4.0 license is because we are running in parallel and in the same sessions as the iRacing official series for Porsche Cup for these. so, an added bonus of these races in addition to running with the CMS coffee cup clan is you will be scoring points towards iRating, etc. for each event.

yes the deal on steam right now is a great one!

DA