Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1986 Opala Tribute Series, Season 7 - Salvador - June 19th

Default 1986 Opala Tribute Series, Season 7 - Salvador - June 19th

Welcome Drivers:
    Here are details for the Third round of the 1986 Opala Tribute Series at Salvador.

(Att: All Drivers!)Drivers interested in registering for this series, !PLEASE GO HERE TO PICK A CAR AND FIND RELEVANT FILES!

All drivers are welcome.
    Round 4 of the Opala '86 Series is Tuesday, June 19, 2018, Qualifying at 8PM CST/9PM EST
    (Please be aware that a few slight changes have been made in the formation lap/starting procedure. Be sure to read and fully understand the formation lap/starting procedure before race time. Feel free to ask questions if necessary)

For this series, we will be doing a server controlled formation lap followed by a re-grid and a standing start. The formation lap will be paced by the pole man at a speed between 50 and 80mph (80-130kph)

Here is how it will work:
    Once we go to the grid at race time, the sim will tell us when to begin the formation lap. The formation lap will be single file .
    As we approach the grid area, we will begin to slow slightly in the final corner and will cautiously and safely find our spot to re-grid.

This is easily identifiable. Each driver will be shown a red box around the appropriate grid spot.
    The sim will not start the countdown to green until every driver is in position, so do this safely, there is no need to rush it and cause an accident.
    Formation lap incidents will be penalized heavily in this series because of the more fragile nature of these cars, so be cautious!

Once all drivers are in position, a set of start lights will come up on your screen and the countdown to green will begin as usual.

(see Rules, Start Procedure and Full Schedule below)

A race around the streets of the government area of capital of the Bahia state, Salvador's circuit has in recent years been named in honour of Ayrton Senna (a confusingly common occurrence among Brazilian circuits!).
    Salvador was the first capital of colonial Brazil and its architecture and culture reflect its European and African heritage. A vibrant arts movement sees many festivals take place here, giving rise to the city's unofficial naming as Brazil's 'capital of happiness'. The largest city on the north-eastern coast and the third largest in Brazil, Salvador was a natural place for race organisers to target.
    In 2009, the organisers of Brazil's wildly popular Stock Car series duly obliged, signing a contract with the city to host its first ever street race. Based around the curving roads of the 1970s administrative district (CAB), the circuit features as a backdrop Bahia's Legislative Assembly, Courts of Justice and Department of Tourism, not to mention the highly futuristic exhibition centre which appears to be balanced in mid-air like an incomplete suspension bridge.
    The first trace took place on August 9, 2009, with Red Bull driver Caca Bueno becoming the first winner of a street race in Stock Car. According to estimates of the Military Police, more than 60 thousand people attended the race, with around 35,000 in the main grandstands. Overall the drivers were reasonably positive about the track layout but found overtaking challenging, so suggested a number of modifications to improve racing and safety.
    For the second running in 2010, two chicanes were added – one immediately after the start/finish and another on the return loop. Rains greeted the drivers on race morning, leaving Caca Bueno to splash his way to a second successive victory. Crowds were again enormous, with up to 42,000 seated in the expanded grandstands. Successive years have followed the trend and the race is now the best-attended on the schedule.
    The track was renamed 'Circuito Ayrton Senna' in 2010 and a monument to the great Brazilian, created by Bahian artist Bel Borba, was erected inside the course. In 2012, a new contract was signed by the Government, extending the race until at least 2018. Studies have show that the event has proved a boon to the local tourism industry, boosting hotel occupancy by around 15 per cent in what would otherwise be considered the low season.
    .................................................. ..............

~ In your TRACK list, the track is:
    " Salvador / Salvador "
    ~ Race length is 2 x 20 minutes (two 20 minute races)
    ~ Qualifying session will determine grid for both races!
    ~ Race Pit Speed 25mph/40kph (pitstop not required)
    ~ Do not use off-course areas to gain an advantage.
    Race Day and Time: Tuesday, June 19th,
    Server Name: MNRL CMSRACING.COM
    Qualifying at 8PM CST/9PM EST (15 minutes)
    Warmup, 5 minutes,
    Race 1 start (20 minutes)
    5 minute break/warmup
    Race 2 start (20 minutes)
    ~Server Settings

FORMATION/STANDING START PROCEDURE
    --------------------
    SINGLE FILE FORMATION LAP START!
    WHEN THE STARTING LIGHTS COUNT DOWN TO GREEN, PROCEED SINGLE FILE AT A PACE SET BY THE POLE MAN.

POLE MAN IS TO PACE THE FIELD AT A MINIMUM/MAXIMUM SPEED OF 50 MPH TO 80MPH/80KPH TO 130KPH (SLOWER AT TIMES FOR SOME CORNERS)

PROCEDURE IN A SAFE MANOR LEAVING A REASONABLE GAP BETWEEN YOU AND THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU.

~BRAKE WARMING IS ALLOWED BUT PLEASE DO SO AS TO NOT CAUSE STACK BRAKING OF THE CARS BEHIND YOU.

~ CAREFUL TIRE WARMING IS ALLOWED.

~IF YOU SPIN OFF THE TRACK DURING THE FORMATION LAP PLEASE REJOIN AT THE BACK OF THE FIELD.

PLEASE BE PREPARED TO SLOW DOWN AT THE END OF THE FORMATION LAP TO ENTER YOUR STARTING BOX MARKED IN RED.

ONCE EVERYONE COMES TO A FULL STOP AND ARE IN THEIR PROPER STARTING POSITIONS THE STARTING LIGHTS WILL COUNT DOWN TO GREEN.

AT THE GREEN LIGHT BEGIN RACING.

~PENALTIES MAY BE ASSESSED FOR ANY UNSAFE MANEUVERS DURING THE FORMATION LAP.

~ORANGE ZONE RULES ARE IN EFFECT FOR THE START OF THE RACE

.................................................. ...................
    Race review and penalties:
    The race review team will review the start after each race, as well as review any incidents for which an incident protest was filed, and issue any penalties as appropriate. The results of these reviews will be posted no later than one week before the next event. All drivers are required to read the race review/penalty thread before the upcoming race so that they will be aware if they are required to serve any penalties. Any driver receiving a penalty will also be notified via PM. NOTE: Unless otherwise specified in the driver briefing for an event, the review team typically will only review the start for each event. Therefore if you experience an incident during an event that happens after the Start, you will need to use our Incident Protest Form to file an official protest if you wish to have it reviewed.

!!!PLEASE be familiar with CMS rules and regulations!!!
    Rules and Regulations
    Protests

.................................................. ...................

Server should be up shortly after the previous race.
    In the SERVER LIST, look for
    MNRL CMSRACING.COM ...

1986 Opala Tribute Series schedule is as follows:

April 24, 2018 - Guapore

May 8 - Taruma

May 22 - Velopark

June 5 - Cascavel

June 19 - Salvador

July 3 - Curitiba

Note: (If you are getting a Vehicle Collision Mismatch There has probably been an update to the Skin Pack. Please re-download and reinstall the MNRL Skin Pack.)
    (If you are getting an SRS Mismatch please re-download and reinstall the SRS update)
    (If you are getting other errors try this.)

(Note: You May need to reinstall any SRS update after doing this)

.................................................. ................
    Here is the link for our race password:

Password

Link for Automobilista (AMS) if you don't have it:

Automobilista on Steam

I'm having issues with my setup not staying connected to the game(s). Not sure what it is as I just replaced my wheel because the rim cracked, now this. So put my car back on the list if you haven't already and I'll join in when I get everything sorted out. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Oh boy this is going to be an interesting race. Tight and twisty and not many places to pass. I was online with Gilles for a few laps Sunday night and the only way I could see to make a pass is if the driver in front of you screws up. There is going to be lots of paint traded on cars and walls. Looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wheat View Post
    I'm having issues with my setup not staying connected to the game(s). Not sure what it is as I just replaced my wheel because the rim cracked, now this. So put my car back on the list if you haven't already and I'll join in when I get everything sorted out. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    I hope you get it fixed soon. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wheat View Post
    I'm having issues with my setup not staying connected to the game(s)
    Automatically, if you having disconnections, it's a network issue. You should call your ISP's tech support to verify signal an properly power cycle your modem and router. Modem that do phone usually have a backup battery to have some phone while there's a power outage. Those have a special procedure to fully power cycle.

Next, cables. If you're DSL, the phone cable between the wall and the modem, the cable between the modem and the router if they are separate unit and finally the one that goes to your PC. Testing after each one. Network cable do not survive being bent. They can be rolled or go around thing but a sharp 90 degrees kink will kill them. Same if they are stepped on or squeezed between... a desk and the wall. Network cables are more fragile then people think.

If you are wireless, a new device in the house of even the neighbors could have change stuff and the channel your WiFi is on might now be interfered with. Again, your ISP's tech supp is your best friend, many units have a Scanner capability and can ID the channels that are busy and set it to a different one.

If all that fails, the PC's network card is going bonkers. Before trying an addon one in a PCI slot, find the exact brand and model of the network chip presently in use and try to find drivers for it at the manufacturer's website (Realtek, Intel, etc.) and install those.
    Before installing, in Device Manager, right-click on the network card and choose Uninstall answering Yes to the Erase Driver Files question. We do not want 2 sets of network drivers running at the same time.

HF
    I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 20gigs on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running a used GTX970 4GD5T OC on an new AOC Q2963 21:9 screen... I'm doing way better! I even got myself a barely used G29! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

I dont know if this makes much difference for the way a server works or not. But I forgot to mention, since last race, I noticed that the MNRL server have a data rate of 2046kbps.
    Vast majority of League servers have this value set at 8042kbps.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    I dont know if this makes much difference for the way a server works or not. But I forgot to mention, since last race, I noticed that the MNRL server have a data rate of 2046kbps.
    Vast majority of League servers have this value set at 8042kbps.
    We've not altered it. I suspect it's a value from the last AMS patch, possibly something related to the warping/disappearing cars we were seeing, that we aren't/haven't been seeing now.

I think so too Jason.

The 1.5.11 release notes from the Reiza forum:

Automobilista v1.5.1 & Drift Series Out Now (Updated to v1.5.11)

It states: "IMPORTANT: Dedi servers are required to generate a new multiplayer.ini file to include the updated max data setting (just deleting the old file will generate a new one)."

To do that, the multiplayer.ini has to be erased of rename. Was that done Jason?
    Last edited by Gilles Lalonde; 06-19-2018 at 12:45 PM.
    I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 20gigs on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running a used GTX970 4GD5T OC on an new AOC Q2963 21:9 screen... I'm doing way better! I even got myself a barely used G29! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

Well, again, I dont know what effect this have on a server. Maybe it doesnt matter because we´re low on drivers anyway.

But even after the update, I just checked all League servers I know on the lobby, and all of them are with the data rate set to 8042kbps.
    Even the ones from Reiza itself, where they do their events, time trials and etc.