Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Monday night DRM Fun series has been cancelled due to lack of interest

Default The Monday night DRM Fun series has been cancelled due to lack of interest

I'd like to thank the people that did show up to help support the series but there's isn't much point in putting a series together if only 3 or 4 people show up so this series is cancelled.
    Last edited by DaveS; 05-28-2018 at 11:03 PM.
    Dave Slee (DaveS)
    #38 iRacing CanAm Racing Team

I'm really sorry I couldn't make the run. Thanks for putting it together.

Well, this is sad. Unfortunately I have to agree with your call, there need to be racers to have a race.
    Thanks for giving the DRM mod a shot.

Thanks again, Dave. Never seen interest drop off so quickly on a paid mod that started off so hot.

-See You On Track!

Quote Originally Posted by HeatCAN View Post
    Thanks again, Dave. Never seen interest drop off so quickly on a paid mod that started off so hot.
    Over saturation, coupled with spring moving towards summer?
    I don't know. Definitely the fastest I've seen a mod with so much chatter surrounding it drop off.

For one, I think the lack of classification and/or power balancing is an issue for some. Seems there aren't a whole lot interested in racing different powered machines. Those who do enjoy the differences seem to be a really small group, at least in terms of getting together and race times, etc etc.

Spring and moving to summer definitely doesn't help. Interest and participation all around (not just here) seems down, but that's a pattern that is probably seen every year.

All that said, it's hard to understand why I'm not seeing more action in the mod elsewhere as well. Nothing really, at least not the many places I frequent. I didn't expect that!

Maybe fall/winter?
    Along with some classifications of the cars, and some possible power balancing (AC has ballast and engine restrictors that can be added to the cars) maybe interest will increase. (or maybe wishful thinking)

Anyways, Dave, thanks for setting this up. I enjoyed Lippo (even though I wish I hadn't pitted...grrr...lol lol)
    Enjoyed the laps at Riverside and enjoyed cursing that god forsaken circuit last night. Frustrating course, but a challenge I am always up for.

Here's to hoping for a better turnout next time around!

FWIW, Jason, I think that probably would have gone 1:42 or thereabouts with every corner hit just right. Can't prove it though, as I got in only six laps (and several part laps) before it blew up (and out) again.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    FWIW, Jason, I think that probably would have gone 1:42 or thereabouts with every corner hit just right. Can't prove it though, as I got in only six laps (and several part laps) before it blew up (and out) again.
    Your car was definitely superior to mine here. Even in those few places we saw each other on track, it was very noticeable. Acceleration, compared to my own, was

1:46 flat would have been outstanding for me. Could see the possible 46s, just never could put the actual lap together. Was still working the setup a bit really.
    Maybe 45s were possible with the car, but anything more would tell me it was just me and this track.

1:42s is flying around that place! But, seeing your car on track verse my own, I could definitely see it possible.

Was really looking forward to a DRM series, but just couldn't make Monday nights work, especially this time of the year, so that was the reason I didn't participate. Hopefully we can give it another shot later this year.
    Eric Elliott
    Terrapin Racing #224

I don't know if it will be enough to revive interest, but DRM 1.1 was just released today. Lots of tweak in the physics departement, including new tire option for all cars.
    Apparently it makes the cars a bit "easier" and less of a death trap, especially with cold tires/brakes.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threa...l-paid.149302/

I'm definately not done driving these.
    Last edited by Swordsman; 06-01-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman View Post
    I don't know if it will be enough to revive interest, but DRM 1.1 was just released today. Lots of tweak in the physics departement, including new tire option for all cars.
    Apparently it makes the cars a bit "easier" and less of a death trap, especially with cold tires/brakes.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threa...l-paid.149302/

I'm definately not done driving these.
    I got the email too, and started to download, only to realize that the upgrade may count as my second of five. If THAT's the business model, I'm not impressed.

If you can confirm it doesn't count against it, however, then I'll give it a look once I get back up and running again.