Thread: CMS on Discord -- Here is an Invite to Join

Thumbs up CMS on Discord -- Here is an Invite to Join

More and more of our members are starting to use Discord for additional chat and voice options when racing. If you havent already please feel free to join the CMS Discord Channel.

simply click here

Have fun! also for any of you organizing events, races, etc. let me know by pm and I can make you a moderator.

David
    Last edited by davidan; 06-30-2018 at 11:21 AM.

my personal motorsports blog

I have also added a few more chat and voice channels, if I have missed anything let me know. You will also find a widget on the front of the cmsracing.com page as well.

Hi David,

I understand the move toward Discord but what an invasive app!

Their Squirrel installer is... junk. There is no control over the installation and it sets itself under c:\users\UserName\appdata\local\discord\. Not an program installation folder. AppData is for application settings, files, and data. Not executables.

Typicaly, appdata\local "contains data that can't move with your user profile. This data is typically specific to a PC or too large to sync with a server. For example, web browsers usually store their temporary files here."
    (https://support.pointlogic.com/faq/t...appdata-folder)

For those of you who wish for more control: https://portapps.github.io/app/discord-portable/
    A portable version of Dicord (third party made) available as a 7zip archive the can be decompressed into any folder of your choice. Just make your own appropriate shortcuts.

It does auto update itself from the Discord servers

HF
    Last edited by Gilles Lalonde; 07-03-2018 at 12:56 PM.
    I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 20gigs on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running a used GTX970 4GD5T OC on an new AOC Q2963 21:9 screen... I'm doing way better! I even got myself a barely used G29! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

I keep getting kicked from the Discord server for some reason? Am I not recognized as a member? my tag on Discord is DHparadox.
    Steam: dhparadox
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dhparadox
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/dhparadox74
    rFactor / rFactor2 / iRacing / Raceroom / GTR2 / P&G3 / pCARS2 / Assetto Corsa / Automobilista
    Fanatec CSW V1.5 / CSP V3 / TH8RS / Obutto oZone
    AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5GHz / 8GB / EVGA GTX 960 2GB / Samsung 120GB SSD / WD 500GB & 1TB

Hi David I fixed it for you.

I get an error as well . Says email is already registered but won't let me say hello until I "CLAIM" the account ?
    2012 CMS North American and World Divison P1 Champion

Case-HAF922, Motherboard-ASUS SABERTOOTH X58, Ram-12GB GSKILL, Processor-I7-950, DVD Burner-ASUS X 2, Power Supply-Corsair HX850, Wheel-T500-Ferrari F1 Rim, Monitor-LG 24" HD 1920 X 1200, Video Card-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver. I am not designed to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. I am designed to win.." Ayrton Senna

Does anyone know how to keep Discord from minimizing my sim. I was in practice the other day and I got a popup that minimized the sim mid lap. I can not use Discord until I find a solution.