Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Why I'm cancelling my WRC+ ALL LIVE Subscription

Default Why I'm cancelling my WRC+ ALL LIVE Subscription

If you are a rally enthusiast, WRC+ ALL LIVE is amazing!

So why am I cancelling my subscription?

Well, living in the good ole U.S. of A, it's difficult to actually watch the rallies live. This is mostly due to the time differences and some of us actually have lives as well. Then WRC+ ALL LIVE was announced and I couldn't wait to sign up!

“With WRC+, All Live can be watched anywhere, anytime and on any device – computer, laptop, smart TV, smartphone or tablet,” WRC Promoter managing director Oliver Ciesla
    Being able to watch all the stages on my schedule would be a great convenience and getting to see all the stages was indeed very cool...but...

The problem with WRC+ ALL LIVE is that the stages are only available during the current rally. So, once a rally starts, you can no longer go back and watch the stages from previous rallies. Oh, you can get all the highlights and a couple stages, but you can already get that in the basic package.

WRC+ ALL LIVE does not mention this little tidbit of information and that's is a monumental pile of crap if you ask me. At the very least it is disingenuous and it should be made clear on their site that the ALL LIVE stages are limited to the period between the current rally and the next.

However, as you can clearly see by the direct quote above, that is not at all what they are implying.

I found this out quite by accident, as I was just getting around to watching the Sweden rally when it flipped to Mexico and all of the Sweden stages simply disappeared. Pissed...yup...enough that I've sent two emails to WRC about this very topic. I'm currently waiting on a response to my second email and I'm sure I'm not going to be satisfied with they boiler plate answer, so I will simply cancel my subscription out of spite.

Isn't that kind of burning down the barn to kill the rats?, you say.

Yup...but I don't care. It's the principle of the thing.

Why should I give them my hard earned money, when they have clearly and very deliberately misled me. Screw them. Having said all that, they may rectify the situation, but I highly doubt it. They won't change until they get hit in their pocket book and I'm just the kinda guy to start that ball rolling.

Reply from WRC.

Dear WRC+ user,

Thanks for your request and your interest in WRC+.

We would like to inform you that, the all live stages for the All Live users are kept until the next rally, you are available to watch them by going to EPG unless the EPG does not be switched to the next rally. On the other hand, three stages per rally and all onboard actions are kept until forever. You can find them in the re-live section which can be found by going to highlights.

If you have any further questions please contact us via support@service-plus.wrc.com and include your ticket-number [Ticket#201803141314005809] as subject, so we can match your request.

Best regards,
    your WRC+ Team

My response to the above.

That is not what is stated on your website. As a matter of fact, you imply the exact opposite.

“With WRC+, All Live can be watched anywhere, anytime and on any device – computer, laptop, smart TV, smartphone or tablet,” - WRC Promoter managing director Oliver Ciesla

No where in any of your literature could I find a statement that would inform customers that the ALL LIVE stages are only available during the current rally. You specifically state time and again that they are available anytime. Using the term anytime is disingenuous and it seems that you have intentionally omitted the fact that the ALL LIVE Stages are limited to just the current rally. Simply put, you have falsely represented what the subscription offers.

I think ALL LIVE is fantastic and I will certainly miss it, but I will not support a company that either intentionally or unintentionally employs false advertising tactics that result in customers being duped.

I will be cancelling my subscription.

alllive.jpg